Zero on Controller?

Hi, new to Shoryuken. Welcome me, yay.

Regardless, does anyone one else play zero on a controller / pad? It’s really difficult preforming lightning loop with the tons of cancels. I currently have a set up as such, and was wondering if anyone had a different set up or knew someone that played a better set up for buttons. The coordination of my index finger gets confused sometimes and I thought there might be a more simple way. Just looking for tips, besides getting a stick. Aha. Thanks for any help in advance.

X: Light
Y: Medium
B: Heavy
A: Launcher
RT: Light (Buster charge)
LT: M + H (Wave dash/ Hyper ease)
RB: Medium (Lightning loop Buster charge)
LB: Assist 2
RTS: Assist 1
LTS: Team assist

I use ZERO all day with a controller and would like to complete him with the lightning loop…i just havent been able to get the actual combonations in written form down, i study thru videos (YouTube) But if you have the button combos in text format please POST! I would be GLAD to experiment and give you some feedback!

I know the combo its not hard aha, just lots of timing, if you can TK L lightning, you can preform zero combo, if you can use 2 different buttons to charge buster. You need a Light charge,(Combo start) and a Medium charge.(Actual loop)

I play Zero on Pad, and while I occasionally drop the light-loop, the barriers towards me doing it are more to do with execution and nothing to do with my controller. I’d recommend practicing tiger Knee Lightning loops as regular zero and learn to time them as close together as possible. Then once you start doing it in Sogenmu do it but time it a little bit slower (the window to input the loop is more generous than most people realize).

It’s not the loop that bothers me… aha… I can TK just fine, i use it to mixup on entry. I’m confused on how I should set my controller, for the fact that you need two buttons for buster charge.

For some reason humming a melody helps me. @_@
Like just keep doing it. I use pad and it’s not that bad. You may wanna check the OP posts of some of the other threads (ex zero combo thread ect) for the written down versions of the LL. :slight_smile: that way everyone doesn’t have to copy and paste stuffs.

Welcome to srk and welcome to zero lol. :slight_smile:

PS3 pad warrior here.
I map odd as hell but it’s comfy to do anything zero needs. Matter of fact I could do most variants of hypers with say Tasky without going nuts.
R1 - L
X - M
Circle - H
Triangle - S
Square - MH
L1 - Assist 1
L2 - Assist 2
R2 - X factor

R1 as my Light so I can hold it down easily for loops, Square just for the easy dash and supers. The way it’s setup leaves it easy for me to do LM and LH hyper variants with other chars if I have to. About the only uncomfortable input I have left is MS which only gets me when I random select Wright. For Dante play it’s more comfortable to have S on top so I can HS to bold cancel. Switch to Heavy for lightning loops out of preference but the only thing holding you back other than a good configuration is muscle memory.

I was figuring it was just muscle memory that was bothering me. I suppose I just need to dump another 5 hours into a specific setup. Thanks MooMooAkai, the best reply yet. xD

No prob. Good hunting, and don’t forget to practice the config with your other chars.

PS3 Pad player here. While I am working on getting the LL down myself, my pad configuration is rather basic. Everything is standard except L2 is set to L and R2 is set to M. This way I keep L2 down during normal play and once I hit Sogenmu I switch over to holding R2 (since the LL doesn’t require M anywhere.) Right now my issue is execution. Seeing as people say it’s more lenient I’ll try slowing down and see how it goes.

Probably already posted up here somewhere but, he’s a loop tutorial.
[media=youtube]7WVwkqIxask[/media]

I play Zero on pad. How do I do charge switches, you might ask? The answer is simple: I just don’t. Sure, it limits my options with Zero but I don’t feel as though it limits me that much.

I only read the op and none of the replies so this might have been said already but change the LT - light attack and the RT- med + heavy that way u can charge from either, have a one button dash and the only time u really need to even us the RT to charge buster is during the LL, otherwise u can just use LT all day. Oh and this might only apply for me but I actually make my LT2 the light and LT1 as assist 1 + assist 2. As for assists, well I make one RT2 and the other R3 depending on which one I think I’ll use more. I’m kind of a scrub and even I can make zero work on a pad so keep practicing and you’ll get where u want to be.

Oh and I forgot to mention, when I actually go for LLs I trained my fingers to switch to the analog stick instead of the directionals. It takes some practice and getting used to but it’s WAY easier to do several rapid fire TK motions.

Oh poop, I use a controller and use zero and I don’t think I can easily just switch button layouts.
I have a button that I use to do special moves with (I just mapped the LT to Lp Mp Hp). Maybe I can turn the RT into the light punch. (right now its the x-factor button).
I’ll just hit special while hitting LT to go into x-factor. Do you think this will work?

Put your right stick button as X-factor instead. It makes it kind of a face button and you won’t accidentally hit it because you don’t use the right stick for anything.

You will need to change your LT to M+H instead of L+M+H if you use it to dash. Since you will be charging with light, you can’t use it to dash.

Alrighty then, I’ll try that. Thanks!

X:L Attack
Y:M Attack
B:H Attack
A:Special Attack
LB:Assist 1
LT:L Attack
LSB:L+M+H+S Attack
RB:Assist 2
RT:M Attack
RSB:L+M Attack

It’s what i use and think is pretty easy to use.