Zero Charge Question

Is there any trick to holding the charge during the combo? I find it really difficult to buffer between buttons (i.e. release l and hold h in its place).

if your using a regular xbox or ps3 controller, or a fightpad for that matter you can assign an input to two different buttons with one being the r1 or l1. on a fightstick you can assign two as well, and assign one of them to a spot where your pinkie can reach

When I had “Pad vs Fightstick”, I found the most useful way to charge the buster was to set both assists to the right bumper and trigger, and use the left bumper as a second Light, You can pretty much play zero at a high level without ever needing L (Don’t quote me on that, I’ll never regret learning to charge with 2 different buttons.)

for instance: Match starts (hold L-bumper), then act like you don’t have a light button anymore, it’s harder that simply holding L on a fightstick, but it’s all you can really do.
Unless you play claw on a Fightpad. (right hand, over hand.)

But as far as Fightstick goes, Holding L is the simplest way to charge the buster, and since most stick players don’t use a single button for dashing:

Ways to set-up a buster charge:
Shippuga loop (i.e. L(start charge), M, H, F+H(Hold H, let go of L), L(Hold L back down), M, H, F+H, S) was the easiest way for me to learn changing buttons.

in a block string (i.e. when you Push Block, Hold down one of the buttons you used for it and let go of L) it makes Zero’s 4 frame standing and crouching Light useful since they’re so close.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! The pinky method seems easiest (I’m a stick user); is this a widely used method?

It’s all up to preference, I dash with M+H and normally start all my combos with a Cr.M or St.M, so In the end it’s up to you where you put you hands

so if i were to learn how to charge his buster, switching buttons on a fightstick with Zero would it apply to Vergil as well for his round trip?

in short, yes.

thanks

Q and A thread next time please. I feel like the forum police…

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2