Zero as an anchor?

Hello my fellow maverick hunters,

As the title states what does everyone feel about X-factor lv 3 Zero? I have made a list of pros and cons:

Pros:
-Hella fast
-Buster charges faster allowing quicker acess to frame traps
-Attack power gain helps Zero a lot
-Sogenmu+ XF lv 3= hard to blockables

• Lv 3 super+ XF lv 3 + happy birthday= GG bruh

Cons:
-will need meter to make a comeback
-does not provide the best assists
-Zero player cannot make a mistake due to low health

Please provide your input because I want to hear the voices of my fellow maverick hunters.

The problem with Zero anchor is that, for the most part, he requires both X-Factor **and **meter to make it happen. In X-Factor 3 you’re free to just press buttons and spam moves and you’ll eventually get a hit, and I’m sure there’s a few X-Factor 3 loops that’ll 100%. However, Sougenmu is extremely vital to anchor Zero. Not just for lighting loops to finish off characters solo, but for safety, and to take the place of Zero’s assist.

Level 1 buster spam during sougenmu is a great way to hitconfirm from pretty much anywhere, since they’ll keep comboing long enough to run up, shoot again, run up, shoot, etc etc. until you hit them with a launcher. It’s also a great thing to activate when you absolutely need to stay in, because Sougenmu activation nullifies advancing guard. Since you won’t have assists it’ll be hard to set up unblockables, but you’ll at least be 200% safe all the time. As long as you have Sougenmu you’re opponent won’t be hitting you.

As for team composition, the only reason to have Zero in the back is if you put him there to regain health after fighting on point. Anchor Zero might be good, but I don’t think it’s the best use for Zero at the moment.

But now that I think about it more, I want to give anchor Zero a chance, because I think there’s a lot he can do that no one’s really tried. For example, after fighting with Zero on point, activate Sougenmu and put him in the back. An incoming Sougenmu’d Zero has an easier time of getting out of incoming setups than without the shadow. Not to mention all his great assists. You’ll also have access to the invincible crossover counter 100% combo if he’s in the back, but he can’t have Sougenmu on.

Either way, I wouldn’t put Zero in the back because he’s too good at using assists, and only a few other characters can use his assists in meaningful ways (Dante, Vergil, Sentinel, unless you count anyone that could use a 100% crossover counter, like Chris or Strange)

But if your team order gets messed up in a fight and it’s all up to Zero, I would still say he has a chance if he has the resources he needs. Now that X-Factor is buffed from vanilla he just might be a threat as an anchor.

zero anchor is good

just as a whole for the team, not very good because of subpar assist unless you wanna spam ryuenjin crossover combos

I think Zero thrives as a point character in this game or a second due to his lack of great assist and his ability to do an absurd amount of damage using the right assist. I have a team with Zero on anchor (mainly in case my Phoenix Wright gets blown up lol) and though he does get the job done, there are other anchors out there that are much more effective. Still in XF lvl 3, he’s pretty damn fast and his mixups get that much harder to block.

Thread necro. Let’s see what opinions are for zero as anchor one year later.

I’ve been thinking about picking up zero and trying him out in the anchor position. With XF3 he’s oppressively fast and because he already does so much damage is not reliant on XF like other anchors like strider. His buster charges very quickly in XF so he’s even safer while moving faster. The downside is his assist isn’t all that amazing.

Anyone have opinions? It seems to me zero has all the makings to be a very strong anchor.

He’s strong as an anchor in that he’s amazing in level 3 XF. I still think people seriously sleep on him. I played in NCR casuals and got so many Zero comebacks with him on anchor. His assists don’t realistically help too much compared to other anchors though

his assists are fine once powered up. problem is anything that anchor zero can do level 2 zero can do with an assist.

I think Zero should be mostly a point or maybe kinda a middle. Zero assists aren’t the best either you know.

Zero should definitely never be in the anchor spot on a team but if the situation occurs, it’s not a terrible one.

One hit with Zero anchor and your opponent is two more guesses away from losing. It’s that stupid. lol