Zeku oki and wake ups thread, what to do after you’ve knocked your opponent down

This thread will be a work in progress for probably a long time, but I will try to make it as complete as possible as quickly as possible and will be updating the thread as more and more options are discovered so we can catalogue everything.

When listing okie options in here i will always use the full combo before the ended because that can affect your options as far as spacing is concerned. I will also be assuming point blank on first hit before the knockdown, unless otherwise stated in the notes for that specific combo.
Moves in parenthesis () will denote either frame data on quick, back and no rise or notes on the particular wake up, or both.

All frame data will be taken from SFV OKI LOL

Old zeku

Koku enders

[list=1]
[] Cr.lp x2,st.lp xx lk koku: ( +18, +23, +77, 151 damage)
midscreen quickrise so Zeku is is only +1 after a forward dash here. Because of this, this knockdown only really gives pressure against 4 frame characters. If you think a 3 frame character is going to quick rise and jab, an immediate MK Koku will hit their jab.
midscreen Backrise basically nothing, you get one dash into close proximity to keep up some pressure
Corner quick rise LK Koku hits meaty and on CH links into st.mk,st.mp. Ex koku hits meaty and and is at plus frames.
Corner backrise mk Koku hits meaty and ON CH links into st.mp.
Covers both corner rises ex Koku hits both rises and is at plus frames
[
] St.mk,st.mp xx lk Teki xx lk koku: ( +21, +26, +80, 240 damage)
midscreen quickrise Zeku is +4 after a forward dash here, but he won’t be point blank against quickrise. Because of this it is better to meaty and confirm with CH st.mp. Zekus meaty options here are: st.mk,st.mp,cr.lp,cr.lk,st.lp which all work against 3 frame wake ups.
backrise midscreen basically nothing. You get a free dash up to continue pressure but no move will work well here after the dash.
Corner quickrise wiff st.lp, CH st.mk/ mk Koku hits meaty CH against 3 framers here and gives full combo by following up with st.lk,st.lp xx lk koku.
Corner backrise wiff st.lp CH cr.hp / mk koku hits meaty against 3 framers here and gives counterhit into st.mk,st.mp follow ups.
Covers both corner risesMk Koku covers both knockdowns but is only safe on block against back recovery.
Ex Koku covers both rises and is plus 3 on block against quickrise (use st.mp to frame trap), +8 on block after back rise (use cr.hp to frame trap)
[] St.hp or cr.hp xx mk koku ( +19, +24, +78, 179 damage)
midscreen quickrise Zeku is +2 after a forward dash here, so he gets a free meaty cr.lp or throw. This specific knockdown can setup the “infinte” vortex (dash CH cr.lp,st.mp xx MK Koku repeat) where the opponent that likes to quickrise with buttons will get CH by this over and over again.
Mid screen back rise dash, st.hp or cr.hp will CC 3 frame normals.
Corner quick rise wiff st.lp, CH st.mk. Or lk Koku hits meaty and on CH gives st.mk conversion.
Corner back rise mk Koku hits meaty and gives st.mk on CH. or go for wiff st.lp, CC cr.hp
Covers both rises ex Koku covers both rises and is plus on block. Mk Koku can hit both rises but is very unsafe on block against both rises.
[
] St.mk,st.mp xx ex teki xx lk koku ( +24, +29, +83, 280 damage)
midscreen quickrise Zeku is +7 versus quickrise on this knockdown after a dash so he gets a very strong st.mk starter instead of a weaker attack. Bonus for this particular setup is that the st.mk hits meaty and is +3 on block so the st.mp will frame trap 3 frame jabs! As if all that wasn’t good enough, this knockdown also will setup into itself again on quick rise as long as you have enough meter. This is my personal go to knockdown from a st.mk starter… high damage, great setup, very plus on block and repeatable.
Midscreen backrise dash, st.hk Gives CC against wake up 4 frame attacks.
Corner quick rise mk koku hits meaty and gives st.mk,st.mp conversion on CH. for something more safe you can just go for the standard midscreen oki.
Corner back rise wiff st.mk, cr.hp gives CC
Covers both corner rises dash cr.hp covers both rises here and should probably be used over all other corner oki options outside of flips
Frame kill against no rise dash,wiff st.mk,wiff st.mp, dash, st.mk or cr.hp or st.hp

[] St.mk,st.mp xx ex teki xx mk koku ( +20, +25, +79, 287 damage) +2 after dash versus quickrise this is extremely weak compared to the above knockdown. The primary reason for this knockdown versus the one above is that Zeku gets an immediate throw after the dash versus quick rise on this knockdown. For this reason it can be good to use this KD in place of the one above if your opponent gets complacent with blocking on quickrise. However, the discerning opponent will be able to see the difference between these 2 knockdowns.
[
] St.mk, st.mp xx ex teki xx hk koku ( +20, +25, +79, 301 damage) same kd advantage as mk koku ender above. There are only 2 differences: HK koku ender does 14 more damage and is slower to hit so it’s easier to tell the difference between this ender versus an ok koku ender. Probably best to use this until your opponent can see it, then switch back to mixing between mk and lk Koku since it’s harder to tell the difference between those.
[] St.mk,st.mp xx ex teki xx ex koku ( +39, +44, +98, 315 damage) very meter expensive for a knockdown that Zeku can get with less meter. This knockdown is +5 after a double dash so Zeku gets a meaty st.mk/throw mixup, however the throw will not beat 3 frame jabs so the mixup isn’t as strong as it could be. Still, this is a very strong mixup versus quick rise and has huge damage potential if Zeku lands a CH st.mk here on the opponents quick rise. Still a knockdown that’s too rich for my blood though personally.
[
] St.mk.st.mp xx ex koku (+36, +41, +95, 234 damage) this is +2 against quick rise after a double forward dash. This has the standard throw/CH cr.lp mixup from it. However this has the same exact numbers as mk koku ender with respect to frame advantage after the dashes. Picking between these 2 enders is making a decision for 32 more damage, slightly more corner carry, and using 1 bar.
[] St.hp or cr.hp xx ex teki xx lk koku
[
] St.hp or cr.hp xx ex teki xx mk koku
[] St.hp or cr.hp xx ex teki xx hk koku
[
] St.hp or cr.hp xx ex teki xx ex koku

[/list]
For now I will be leaving out the cr.hp and st.hp starters as they are more than likely to be the exact same situation as the st.mk,st.mp starters when used at point blank range.

Teki enders
[list=1]
[] St.mk,st.mp xx lk teki ( +45, +50, +104, 170 damage) wiff st.mp or st.mk, dash, cr.hp “the AutoMattock” this series covers both knockdown recoveries and is by far the best oki setup for this knockdown that I know of. Having said that I don’t like this particular knockdown because of its low damage from mediums, but if you do use this knockdown I highly recommend this setup.
[
] St.mk,st.mp xx ex teki ( +49, +54, +108, 210 damage) because of the high amount of frame advantage here there are slot of possibilities. After a double dash you are +15 versus quickrise and can meaty with an LK or ex Koku as an example and in the case of the ex Koku it will easily cover both quick and back rise while leaving Zeku at an advantage. However, none of those are my personal foavorite setup: stance change, dash, cr.mp. This setup will put youngZeku at +7 against quick rise and make his cr.mp hit on the last active frame giving him +3 on block advantage and making cr.mpx2 a natural frame trap that beats jabs and combos if the first hit is CH. this is a VERY powerful string if you can consistently pull it off and is one of the reasons why I like going into the ex teki ender.
[*] Cr.hp or st.hp xx mk teki ( +52, +57, +111, 161 damage) after a triple dash this is +1 so it’s as bad as an LK Koku ender. However Zeku doesn’t have to triple dash here and can instead do basically anything he wants. A good start is this series: dash, ex/lp/mp flip. If using the ex flip here you have a nice 50/50 left right you can try for. Feel free to experiment with various frame kills. As an example you can stance change>dash (+10) YZ st.hp to beat 3 framers.
[/list]

Miscellaneous

Young zeku

[list=1]
[] St.hp xx st.hp ( +29, +34, +88)
mid screen quick rise dash st.hk or dash st.hp will both beat 3 frame wake ups.
[
] St.hp xx st.hp xx full ex run (don’t have the specific frame data for this)
Quick rise mid screen immediate st.hk counter hits 3 framers here and leads into full combo.
[*] St.hp xx st.hp xx run slide ( +12, +17, +61) gives pretty much the same oki and the same follow ups as the above plus does more damage.
[/list]

With YeeZy, if you do St.HP target combo, you can cancel into stance switch and dash up st.hk or cr.hp for a meaty on 3 framers.

Double post because of yolo:

I was trying to figure out a way to time bushin flip to hit meaty on 3 frame normals on CC sweep. Decided to check out what it would do against Necalli’s EX DP and it made it whiff. Little bit more trickery and you’re opponent has to hold that against bushin flip. Set up doesn’t work on Cammy or Ryu as their EX DPs move vertically more than horizontally.

Set up is simple enough: land crush counter sweep, whiff sweep, do lp bushin flip. This works because the k follow up jerks his hurtbox forward a bit so when the EX reversals on the following people happen, they move horizontally too much to hit them and then you get a CC punish on those DPs. Need to see the timing but it looks like beating jab and EX reversal is the same for most of the cast.

Works on:

The Necalli timing is pretty strict. Against chun the proper timing will let the K follow up hit her while grounded so you get a full St MK combo. Need to test the other Birdie TAP like moves to see what happens; on EX you get a whiff punish on it.

Does not work on

No matter how much I tried, they don’t move horizontally enough for you to dodge it. Against cammy you’ll eat one hit out of the EX DP; Ryu is straight up punching your butthole for grown man damage.

Against Ed and Urien, after CC sweep do sweep, cr.lp lp bushin flip. That sequence will make both ed’s EX psycho upper and EX headbutt whiff. Instead of the K follow up though, you’ll want to do the P one so you get the cross up hit land as a counterhit and then get a crouching or standing HP IIRC.

Need to test out how it works out when you CC a long distance crouching normal. From sweep max distance though, you can still do it since the first sweep will move you close to them and the second sweep gets you where you need to be for the set up to work.

Corner V-Skill follow-ups would come in handy. I can see myself expending bar to switch from old to young in corner with V-Skill combo ender.

Is Teki a legitimate meaty option or does it go over crouching opponents?

I’m working on it :slight_smile: it’s a lot of stuff to process and figure out and not always the funnest thing to do.

I don’t think teki ever hits crouchers fully. Like one hit of the ex version will make contact then the rest will wiff, but I haven’t really experimented to much with it.

Good stuff @pertho

Ok, for you:

Old v skill is +14 +19

Immediate mash CH st.hk beats 3 framers on quickrise wake up. Confirm into target combo xx m hozanto m palm which will do a total of 960 stun and will stun Karin.

That’s without a CH starter on the first combo.

Against backrise you are +2 after a dash and can CH cr.lp,st.mp target combo into stun.

Not a bad series either way.

@Pertho
Your setup is legit as fuck. Tested it against Karin’s ex dp and it works against it as well and beats her cr.lp. And st.lp clean.

If you are in young form you can do shoulder, vskill, and meaty both knockdowns with lk teki. They have to block it even if they are crouching, and you are extremely plus
however
if they wake up with a crouching button they bypass the standing frame and teki will whiff

Tested it against Karin, forgot to add it.

Yeah, that set up is hilarious. Kinda hyoe I found something useful, fam. :rofl:

Will add more details later. I was trying to see if it could make Necalli’s lp dp whiff, and in one of the instances the k flip beat the DP clean. Gotta play with the timing to see whats up with it.

Yeah, it feels good to create your own shit :slight_smile:

Hey your setup CC sweep, wiff sweep leaves Zeku at +38 from decently close range, meaning that if you can create this kind of frame situation off of a different KD that this can be applicable outside of the CC.

Here’s a hint, most tekis leave you at +45 or more… do with that what you will :wink:

Hmm…need to see whats up with that.

Gotta beef uo the video thread, start writing up some basics for the Q&A thread.

Young Zeku stuff I’ve been using,

Hozanto > MP.Palm > run/stop > cr.mp will beat 3f and both rises I’m pretty sure

Hozanto > MP.Palm > HP.Palm in corner traps 3f both rises

Good stuff, I’ll add it in when I get the chance and check it. But cr.mp only has 3 active frames and it’s impossible to cover both rises with only 3 active frames if the opponent uses a 3 frame jab on quick rise. If they use a 4 frame jab then it is possible to cover both rises with only 3 active frames.

I was trusting NCK_Feroce with that one, I’ve used it a little and it tends to work, cr.lp covered standard rise also

I’m at home right now so I’ll check it real quick and then edit this post.

-edit

With perfect timing the cr.mp wiffs on backrise, so this doesn’t work against backrise with a good setup.
But this is hard to make happen because of the inaccuracy on doing run stop>cr.mp as soon as possible.
I can see this working more often than not in game because of this inconsistency both in runstop and on the opponents part in not getting out their jab on the fastest frame possible.

Okiedoke, does work vs. standard rise at least. I guess nobody was backteching me.

I just went into training to go over everything and for some reason the HP.Palm meaty has stopped working if done immediately, different character hitbox maybe idk. Zeku is weird, new set-up is to delay before the HP.Palm only very slightly, active frames are beefy so it’s pretty lenient.

Also, sweep - st.lp - cr.hp hits meaty but doesn’t work from VT combos? Does it change frame advantage cancelling into sweep from VT combos? Thought it’d be useful in corner.

Mp palm is +28 +33 on KD
H palm is active on frames 27-31 so a perfectly timed Palm there will wiff on backrise.
But delay it by 3,4 or 5 frames and it will cover both knockdowns so the timing is pretty lenient with a 3 frame window to hit.

V trigger sweep has different frames than regular sweep.