Zangief v-trigger 2

Returning to VT2, assuming shit can still change in final version what are your hopes?

Mine

-it boost CA too
-the buff is’nt only dmg but stun too
-it buff Siberian Express too

Maybe it will even make that strange, very situational counter of his useful during VT as well.
Truth is, I would much rather have them change that counter attack of his so that fierce counters jump attacks, strong counters standing attacks and jab counters crouch attacks, much akin to Geese’s Atemi counter.
Decrease the damage to 150 from 220, increase recover time and we will have a very useful tool at our disposal instead of something that only works against very specific attacks.

I wished the same for the counter, and does’nt even need to take Geese, in SFV Kolin have it working like that

They could have done
H AntiAir
M Ground
L Low
EX Everything

But sadly they did’nt designed it to be a real special you commonly use, they designed it to be a very situational tool to walk down your opponent into throw range and have something if he use long range normals (wich often are kicks, as legs are longer) to keep you away

I wish it was a real simple counter like Kolin’s

I really believe that’s how it’ll work.

Everything you mentioned plus…
Increased Start up and Recovery on SPD and Borscht Dynamite
NO damage scaling in combos. This V-TRIGGER is clearly designed to inflict maximum damage so it should!
Invincibility on Start up of EX SPD.
Maximum Range on SPD and Borscht Dynamite

So I’ve been playing a lot of ST lately trying to main Gief(the struggle is real) and learn the game. Last night a friend and I played a bunch of games on fightcade. Connection felt great and no problems at all. Then we felt like playing some SF4 for old times sake so we played about 20 games. Again, connection felt great and he lives on the opposite coast as me. Btw, felt good to play some SF4 Gief again lol.

We started talking about SF5, we both don’t play it and quit that game a long time ago but just for fun we said lets do a quick ft3. Netcode was god awful and unplayable. Gief didn’t feel like Gief and I couldn’t believe how bad the game was. It was so long since I played the game but it felt so much worse than I remember. After one game we both realized why we quit the game and that was that lol.

The netcode is about the only thing that didn’t disappoint me about this abomination of a game. Maybe it’s because I’m in the EU, but 5-bar connections are usually really smooth for me.

The only good thing I can take away from this is that it taught me to be a much better Gief player. It really shored up my defensive play because Gief’s defensive options are so god awful in this. I always took invulnerable Lariat and 2-frame SPD for granted, and it made me lazy and sloppy in defence. Playing SFIV again felt like a weight off of my shoulders. Suddenly I no longer had to worry about being rushed down, I could focus entirely on bulldogging forward. Even Sagat and Akuma didn’t seem so bad anymore, and people actually had to zone to beat me instead of brainlessly rushing in.

It made me realize once again how much better IV is. No Crush Counters, no button input delay, jabs and shorts that actually have priority over harder buttons, no V-trigger nonsense for 80% damage, actual whiff punishing, better footsies, no unreactable moves safe on block, combo system that took skill, reversals to blow up frame-traps, invulnerable back dash to escape pressure and reset the neutral, crouch tech, not being forced into 50-50 guesses in practically every situation, other viable playstyles as opposed to just rushing in like a spastic, hitboxes that correspond with animations, did I forget anything?

nvm.

I’d say never play ST right before playing 5 lol. It’s like reading about astro physics and then going straight to Dr.Seuss. Anyone else remember Combofiend saying that 5 will be like ST? One of his many legendary quotes.

Yeah, even without all the extra variables like EX moves, dashes, V-system etc., ST is much more sophisticated than SFV. IV was more like ST than V.

can someone explain why when he activates v-trigger 2 and lands an SPD, there’s 2 voices speaking at the same time? Who is the guy that doesn’t sound like Gief?

a wrestling commentator i guess

I like the new V-Trigger, hate the voiceover that is played whenever he does stuff with it.