Zangief USF4 stun combo tutorial

Enjoy and I hope you all learn something from this

I have to commend you on a good effort.

I think you get better millage, and possibly “touch of death” with this ender, on the majority of the cast after, the L3 FA.

Close MK. far LP xx HPGH … or just close MK xx HPGH

(100+50+200) - unscaled stun, compared with 200 from HP SPD or AS

Will it be enough to take them over the edge?, right now, just too tired to check.

So, something like: NJ HP. close MK. far MP. st.lk xx EXGH RFC Close MK far LP xx HPGH - that should be the touch of death combo.

I just had this idea that mathematically, it could be ideal to end combos with 950 stun with a close knockdown. Allowing you next guess stun (cross up, empty grab, empty low), and the damage reset into the Ultra, for big damage, instead of wasting the Ultra on tiny pathetic damage. That would give you the best long term pay off, I reckon.

But the hardest part of that combo is definitely the NJ HP, unless they have a command grab.

Cool stuff but impractical to say the least. There’s a reason why you never see this in competitive or tournament play. When do we actually have the chance to land a raw neutral jump hb? Basically never.

exactly, even if I land it, it’s almost exclusively against an airborne opponent (most of the time in the corner because they try to neutraljump)

I’d say my trademark as a Gief player is my use of headbutt, I feel that remotely close to the corner you can use it a ton vs anyone not called a shoto/Seth/Sagat/Guile with a charge.

It’s not that rare.

snake eyez uses headbutt a lot

Did someone test this ?
EDIT: I did, it doesn’t work. The far MP left you way far to connect the st lk

The close MK. far MP. st.lk link is character specific. Some characters have a reeling hit animation, that puts them “temporarily” out of range of the far LK. Plus, you need to be point blank.

Also. I believe you can get TOD with just close MK xx HPGH after the RFC.

Snake eyez told me this is the combo that causes the most stun:
Neutral jump headbutt close mk far st mp cr short exgh

and this is the combo that causes the most damage
Neutral jump fierce punch close st. mk far st mp cr short exgh red focus fierce spd.

According to him, these combos work on these characters: Yun chun abel bison feilong cammy cviper blanka sagat ibuki thawk yang
However i can only perfom this combo on abel. Could you guys give me a hand with this?

Also, evansgambit, ill include your stun combos on the final video, is that ok with you?
Thanks

PS: Dont pay attention to the last 2 combos on the vid, i was just testing stuff

Edit: actually nevermind, the stun combo that Evansgambit posted does extra 5 stun and is way more easy to perform.
Heres a video. Ill make a big video with stun combos/combos. If you want, throw me ideas.

Hey Carter. Very Nice Job. Most Impressive.

How’d did you contact Snake Eyez? WOW!

The main problem with those lengthy stun combos, is the diminishing return. Some of the combos do absolutely pathetic damage towards the end hits.
Unless it KO’s, your better off, in the long term, aiming for a reset - strictly AN EFFECTIVE reset.

Case in point:

HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. Close MK. Far MP. st.lk xx MPGH = 511 (1000) = Opponent dizzy

Then whatever you add on the end, does pathetic damage, even Full Ultra 1.

That’s why economically, a simple combo like: HP Headbutt. cr.HK is almost superior in the long term = 240 (800)
[list]
[] Simple execution, so you won’t drop it
[
] Sets up the cross-up and superior guessing game
[] Allows for next guess stuns. Need to hit with empty jump throw or cross up splash or any heavy attack like far HK to catch back dash, or a hit confirm combo
[
] Resets the damage, so you can land damaging Ultra 1 and damaging L3 FA into AS/HP SPD
[] It uses no EX meter.
[
] And it uses no EX meter. This is an important point, hence the repetition.
[/list]

However if you want to go fancy pancy, I think the best stun combo has to:
[list]
[] Not stun them, But get them within one guess. 950 is superior to 800, because you could land the ambiguous double knee drop (D+LK in air), which does the required 50 stun.
[
] End with superior post positioning to allow for cross-up/cross-over mix ups. Much more harder for the opponent to survive

Not essential, but nice to have:
[list]
[] Soft knockdown so they can’t delay wake up, but can quick recover. So end in Lariat or juggle GH.
[
] Begin with HP Headbutt into far LK, so have spacing flexibility. Can be used dynamically during footsies to predictive whiff punish horizontal moves like scissor kick, rekka, dash punch, lunge punch, tiger knee, etc
[/list]

I would recommend any of these:

HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. HPGH = 473 (980)
HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. Walk back. PPP Lariat = 473 (980)
HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. AS = 513 (980)
HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. Forward throw = 483 (970)
HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. Back throw = 483 (970)
HP Headbutt close MK/MP xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. KKK Lariat = 468 (955)

You only need 950 stun, anymore doesn’t make a difference
Number of hits doesn’t matter due to the reset. Post positioning and damage can be factors.

In , I would use this for whiff punishing:
HP Headbutt far LK xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. AS = 453 (930)
HP Headbutt far LK xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. HPGH = 413 (930)
HP Headbutt. cr.HK = 240 (800)

Your not wrong! I can’t seem to do it either. Testing on Sagat. The headbutt pushes them out too far. So instead, you start with maximum range close MK.
This leads to the cr.lk and far lk being too far to connect.

A substitute combo would be:
HP Headbutt close MK. cr.lk xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. HPGH = 464 (970)
HP Headbutt close MK. cr.lk xx EXGH xx RFC xx dash. AS = 496 (975)
*Might be able to get close MK. cr.lk. far lk - but it appears difficult

If Snake Eyez can do it. Must be amazing. Must be linking everything on the first frame.

Oh wait. Its neutral jump HP. Never mind!!!

Thanks a lot evansgambit, here’s the video. I included some random clips i had on my hdd lol.

Let me know if you like’d it and i hope it helps someone out there.
Regarding snake eyez, i added him on facebook a while ago and he’s always has been very helpful with me. Awesome guy.