Zangief General Thread: Our Russian Skies Are Protected

r.mika and gief as grapplers and no alex.

#loveit

Ahh, Zangief. As always it’s a pleasure to see him!

Hope that spinning kong move has hyper armor.

YES, Zangief looks A LOT better than his desing in SFIV, can’t wait to play him!!!

Does that fucker have a focus attack or some shit?

He has something for every situation. Amazing. Still really curious to see if the SPDs will be 360 or 180. He’s going to be so deadly in footsie range and pretty much anywhere with V Trigger. They fused Gief, Tager, and Potemkin to make the ultimate grappler. And that stage is terrific.

Why is he hitting Bison instead of Karin? Where is Final Atomic Buster? Why does he look exactly the same?!!

Now that those are out of the way, I’m totally titillated by his return. He looks and animates great, a slot well deserved for a great character!

I dig him a lot. I see homages to SFEX’s Darun Mister with the Alpha counter and the EX run-and-grab-then-jump-into-the-air-and-do-a-forward-flip-powerbomb-slam-thing.
He seems to have a chargeable fierce punch that absorbs one hit as well, like Hugo in SF4? Unsure if that actually is a normal, or if it infact is a command move.
I am really, REALLY excited for him. There’s so much I like because he seems to behave so differently.
Aerial grabs, no green hand (as far as I could see), a stupid looking tornado spinning thing that sucks the opponent in and then launches them (cancelable?).
As someone who enjoys to be the underdog and really THINK in order to win, I can say that I will thoroughly enjoy my beloved Russian wrestler.

His Critical Art wasn’t so “wow”, sadly, but I won’t be using it that much… unless it can be done while in the air as well, which likely would be overpowered, but hey, who knows? Maybe it wouldn’t be.
Really, REALLY excited, again! AAREHASFJÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅALSJF!

• Edit. I also love that PlayStation will be promoting and showing him off in Russia, a country that has anti-gay laws prohibiting “gay propaganda”. It is an unintended fierce kick to their government’s ballsack.
    Suck it, you degenerated sacks of shit (government). ^-^

His beard looks great. And I really like the stage, an underground fighting arena.
A grappler with some sort of parry-skill? He looks like he is fun to play.
Does he no longer have his green hand?

But what is he doing in his critical art? Is he doing one back throw and after that he is just keeps pressing his opponent further into the ground?
And I guess the reveal of Zangief means that we won’t have any sf3 characters like Alex or Urien in the game :frowning:

Don’t worry, Alex and Urien get announced next.

That muscles, that arena…truly Beast <3

I think so. Reminds me of Shermie’s super in KOF

I like it mostly, except for two things:

1. No FAB… WHAT
  2. What the shit is that freaky spinning move? He’s not Jack-X, his neck shouldn’t spin 1080 degrees. Or is he a robot now? Enhanced by Russian science?

EDIT: Okay after watching it again, it seems there’s like one frame where his head spins around to keep up, I couldn’t even see it when the video was playing at 30fps

Fuck this stupid fucking piece of fucking shit waste of motherfucking space fucking lariat motherrussia fucking fucking basic ass looks exactly the motherfucking same plain old same as before "Oh let’s give him super armor moves now haha hotdog we Japan we don’t care!’ fucking retarded seen it all before fucking hairy ass stupid motherfucking dumb basic ass SF2 boring ass MOTHERFUCKINGWASTEDCHARACTERFUCKINGSLOTMOTHERFUCKINGCOCKSUCKINGRETARDEDSTERETYPEWHOREFUCKINGPIECEOFSHITCHARACTER.

FUCK YOU CAPCOM.

Haggar? Eagle? Q? Jill and the other bitch? Juri? Skullomania? That dude with the chain grabs from the EX series? But they brought fucking Gief back? “Oh, he had a speaking role in Wreck it Ralph, he has to come back yo!” FUCK THAT! Wreck it Ralph was dog shit.

ANDWEHAVEMOTHERFUCKINGSTUPIDASSRETARDEDFUCKINGSIMTOLOOKFORWARDTOOASWELLWELLWHOOPITYFUCKINGDOGETHYPENIGGAZ.

About his V-Trigger spinning neck thing, set the speed to 0.25 and you’ll see that he DOES spin his head around and doesn’t break his neck. It’s actually great dedication to form that they were so accurate for something that apparently nobody can see.

It’s just to put fear in his enemies eyes.

Okay, so he does look pretty cool, except for two things:

1. If SF5 is happening just before or around the time of SF3, wouldn’t Zangief be like 70 years old by now?
  2. WTF is that super art? It looks like they used a normal back throw animation and just paused it for 3 seconds. You do not fuck with Final Atomic Buster, Capcom. Bring that shit back right the fuck now.

Apparently SF3 is no canon for Capcom just like SF1, so Zangief is in his 40’s.

The way he turns red is reminiscient of what would happen in the Vs. series when you spin during his FAB to make it stronger. Maybe the redder he gets the more damage he does, or it enhances his moves? Regardless it looks like his V-trigger is about absorbing hits and getting redder, whatever it does. Maybe that pose is a fixed hitstun animation in V-trigger?

SF3 takes place about 5 years after SF2, why would Zangief be too old again?