Zangief Beginners Thread

on hit jump away or back dash depending on the range if you dont want an spd

on block it’s -3 for gief or +1 depending on the charge

Have never used Zangief a lot before yesterday, because in past games I wasn’t able to hit SPD consistently, let alone his 720 movements…Now was able to finish his trials 3 times yesterday and I like his strong attacks.

Does he have a way to combo into his Siberian Express?

Not combo into it, but the most reliable way to land it is by doing a tick St.lk into it.

it only combos during a crush counter

Thanks for the tips

Any good tutorial video’s for gief? Next to being bad at this game i just can’t seem to get the hang of playing him correctly

Greetings comrade!
Do you have any tips on landing running bear grab or how to properly set it up?

Thanks!

Bear grab is terrible and you really shouldn’t rely on that move to beat competent people. It can catch people off guard occasionally but it’s just a bad move that will get you killed a lot.

True. I’m not really relying on that move, but I’m just wondering if there’s a gimmicky way or some setup that can make me occasionally use it. It looks cool hahaha. Most of the time i use it is only when my opponent is scared and on defensive.

cancel s.lk into a bear grab so far thats the only thing we have as to checking if your opponent is alert or not

I’ve had some success with the following set up:

This works best after a knockdown when your opponent is in the corner. You stand just outside jab SPD range, you intentionally whiff a neutral jumping roundhouse and buffer a short bear grab. Novice players tend to jump in at you after the neutral jump roundhouse, but it works pretty well against better players.

Honestly, bear grab is only good for two situations:

[list=1]
[] EX version as a reversal against certain frame traps.
[
] LK and MK versions to combo after landing CC HP as a punish vs dragon punch reversals. The corner carry and frame advantage afterwards make it worthwhile.
[/list]