Zachd.com/mvc2 video thread

We’ve had a project to extract out as much of the art and music from the Dreamcast CD as possible, and the results were pretty excellent:

I cleaned up and exposed all the Matches and Combos subdirectories, of which the Search was a potentially cumbersome-to-you frontend:

The template each subdir uses is straight-forward, lemme know if you have thoughts on how to clean it up/improve it.

I also fixed Search and Newest, although probably nobody noticed that they were very very subtly broken.

Next is uploading the Evo DVD footage sets.

I may even get a new camera at some point but have proven remarkably lazy on that front for some time now.

Added a quick “best of” list on the Search page to help people who want to trawl the archives:

I’m open to further ideas for improvement/places where other people could benefit.

Evidently the Evo DVD availability on my site was mentioned on Twitter and the SRK front page, so my site is kind of getting hammered more than normal. Please yell if it gets too bad.

threw up a couple low tier vids on the chromecast while grindin some marvel 3, shout outs

I’ve been having some problems downloading a lot of the stuff on the Evo page. Is there a problem with the server or on my end? The files either get cut way short, won’t play, can’t seek, etc. I’ll try to make an exact list of the filenames/problems soon.

^-- You do not mention any specifics to your concerns, so I have no idea what you’re talking about. O_o

Here’s what I taped from Texas Showdown:

GGXX Accent Core\00030 LF Harakiri Tiger (May) vs MikeBoy (Kliff)
GGXX Accent Core\00031 GF stone (johnny) vs mikeboy (kliff)
MvC2\00004 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs power-dn (SSCC)
MvC2\00007 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs Bear (SSCC)
MvC2\00010 vinnyman (MSS) vs hung (MSP)
MvC2\00011 hamster (Team Duc) vs alex23 (MIMS)
MvC2\00013 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs Nemesis (RogueStormTron)
MvC2\00015 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs Vinnyman (MSS)
MvC2\00018 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs airbrushking (IceGuileSent)
MvC2\00019 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs alex23 (IceSS)
MvC2\00020 ranma0005 (MMCT) vs alex23 (MIMS)
MvC2\00021 WF Preppy (MMCT) vs JWong (SSCyke)
MvC2\00022 Bear (SSCC) vs Power-DN (SSCC)
MvC2\00025 power-dn (SSCC) vs alex23 (MIMS)
MvC2\00026 power-dn (StormBHCyke) vs alex23 (MIMS)
MvC2\00027 LF Preppy (MMCT) vs alex23 (MIMS)
MvC2\00028 GF Preppy (MMCT) vs JWong (SSCyke)
SF4\00034 execede (dudley) vs leonidas (evil ryu)
SF4\00036 pkrstdnt (dudley) vs leonidas (ryu)
SF4\00037 fubarduck (seth) vs leonidas (dudley)
SF4\00038 fubarduck (ibuki) vs krucial b (ehonda)
Third Strike\00032 shin (makoto) vs valle (twelve)
Third Strike\00033 shin (makoto) vs harshmallow (makoto)
UMvC3\00039 vongore (TronFrankDead) vs Noel Brown (JoeDormDoom)
UMvC3\00040 Leonic (VergilDoomDante) vs Chozo55(HsienTaskDead)
UMvC3\00041 Fiyah Liger (HulkDormSent) vs Carnevil (DormDoomHawk)
UMvC3\00042 Fiyah Liger (HulkDormSent) vs Scrubeks (MagSpenceMODOK)
UMvC3\00043 Hero1504 (VergilDoomWolvie) vs Dragok (CViperDoomDante)
UMvC3\00044 Weeberman (RyuIFistAkuma) vs Dragok (ViperDoomDante)
UMvC3\00045 Isaac J (MorriDoomVergil) vs Bear (CapAmTaskVergil)
UMvC3\00046 Weeberman (IFistRyuAkuma) vs Scrubeks (MagSpencerMODOOK)
UMvC3\00047 Weeberman (IFistRyuAkuma) vs Hypersurge (WolvieSpencerDoom)
UMvC3\00048 KBrad (WolvieFrankDante) vs xxx (StormSentNemesis)
UMvC3\00049 austin (HaggarDoomWesker) vs charliehorse (WolvieChunHaggar)
UMvC3\00050 Mikko (SheHulkMagAmat) vs NashFan (DanteFrankZero)
UMvC3\00055 KBrad (WolvieFrankDante) vs MRX (MagDoomVergil)
UMvC3\00056 cas Scrubeks (SkrullSpencerMODOK) vs ChrisG (MagMorriDoom)
UMvC3\00057 cas Scrubeks (MagSpencerMODOK) vs ChrisG (AmatMorriPhoenix)

I’ll work on getting through these. :tup:

OK, a YouTube playlist of what I recorded at Texas Showdown 2014 is now up:

OK, old-fangled downloads also available now:

The stuff I recorded from Northwest Majors 8 (SF5, UMvC3, a little USF4) is now up on YouTube:

Looking through my collection, I realized that of DJ-b13’s incredibly talented and well-done MvC2 Tricks of the Trade series Chapters 49 (Guard Breaks) and 51 (Compilation Mix) were not currently available online or on YouTube. I’ve uploaded those now:

Since these are not things I recorded, I will not be putting them on YouTube: that’s DJ-b13’s privilege. :tup: You can find most of the rest series viewable online on DJ-b13’s channel or for download from my site.

Aaand put up 7 more “lost” videos that were previously only on the DVD:

Thanks to KAOS and ShinRodimus for reminding me about these.

Throwback Tuesday:

Evo2k7 interviews

Evo2k7 walking around

RIP Nelson. :sad:

There’s some more random in that folder:
http://zachd.com/mvc2/matches/Evolution/evo2k7/vegas/random/

I had recorded some stuff at Evo, but had just gotten exhausting fighting spambots and other bullshit here on SRK. Now that I’ve delightfully retired from responsibility, I’ll grab the footage and edit it together when I get bored/have time. Nothing particularly interesting on there, I imagine. And one ongoing concern with any footage is that copyright law is becoming more of a problem as regards custom audio on footage, so youTube may silence stuff.

We (PNW gamers) are streaming horror-themed video games this weekend to help fight pediatric cancer at:

Starts Friday 10/18 at 11AM PDT, ends Sunday at about 8PM.

Peace and love,
-Preps

I put up an old classic Japanese CvS2 combo DVD courtesy of NKI:

It’s a combo video by the Japanese player T7, who I don’t think anybody has heard from in years. NKI has a playlist of the DVD available on YouTube available too:

Put up some old long-lost Skitz combo videos that are kinda more music videos:

Also:

• updated some back-end scripts
  • changed search output to tokenize results so that you can browse more easily (for example on http://zachd.com/mvc2/recent.html )
  • fixed up various SRK thread links
  • fixed up various links on SRK itself that got mangled during server host migrations
  • updated the How to Play guide
  • updates to the ComboMasher Custom MvC2 Burning guide
  • updated the Evo page with a semi-lost file and various other updates
  • found a bunch of raw footage I thought I’d lost. Most is stuff that is already out there, but also found two hours of footage from my house when Cody came back in 2009, five hours of Magnetro playing, various combo snippets from the Japanese, and various probably boring random XBLA footage.

Note that there’s actually a newer ComboMasher guide that was kind of lost to time that I have just noticed. Will work on resurrecting that.

I’ve been spending some time making significant improvements to PalMod. If you have been using the old 2008 version pleeeeease upgrade to the new 2020 version: it fixes all the old random bugs in the old PalMod (edits applying to wrong characters, random crashes, etc), plus adds support for a bunch of new old CPS2 games (plus Jojos), plus adds various functionality. For example for MvC2 it now has an Check My Edits button which automatically checks to make sure your mix probably won’t have flashing Storm or stuff like that - and will fix for it you automatically if you want. So yeah upgrade if you use PalMod. I’m still adding functionality to it - did a release last night - but pls don’t use PalMod 2008, it pains me. :slight_smile:

Alongside doing that I’ve also spent a little time trying to make the site a little more organized and logically laid out. I hope I haven’t broken any links, but if i have please let me know. I’ve fixed the few broken links on SRK that I saw at the least.

For the most part, everything should still be there on the site, maybe just moved. Or if it’s not there I should have it in my backups. But the site did need some more organization and pruning given that it’s existed for 25 years now. XD

<3

Thanks Preppy for spreading GoForBroke and the videos after i left.
When i started GoForBroke i had one mission, to spread FG vids everywhere.
Sadly some people just hit and run and never shared lol.
The history was sooo deep. I can remember making DVDRiPS of EVO dvds and this is looong before
software existed to make dvdripping easy. there was no XVID or X264, just DiVX for compresssion lol.
I remember MrWiz threating to ban me but i ripped dvds i bought with my own money hehe.
Or how about the footage people would send to me as the tourneys was happening…
Oh how the internet was soo slow then but we made it work!
We should get together and write a history of this…
GoForBroke was LOOONG before combovideos or sonicehurricane or any of these sites.
Actually most of these sites just posted what they leeched off GoForBroke!

One Love,
DrFunkenstein2k

1 Like