Yuri Strategies?

I started playing Yuri a few days ago. Though she’s weak, she’s incredibly funny and fun to play. She has one of the funniest taunts in the game also.

Things I’ve noticed about her:

Her kick super will stop other specials and wake up supers if timed correctly. Unlike some other supers, it doesn’t have to be perfectly timed.

Her bitch slap stops many specials and some wake up supers and has excellent recovery time. I didn’t know that if her air fireball connects, if the person is not too far away, the bitch slap connects too. Plus, its funny as hell.:smiley:

The booty bump is a great setup to get away from an attacking player.

Any other things to try with her?

s.RH and j.SK. Abuse those two normals ALL DAY LONG.

Damn, somebody HAS to revive the Yuri forum … After i messed around for quite some time i got hooked on her, i think i’ll use her in the next tournament i enter :tup: mad fun. I dont think she gets enough credit because she has a lot going for her.

[important normals]

• c.LP (200, +7, 3 frames startup, cancels into everything)

• c.LK (200, +6, 3 frames startup, cancels into everything)

• close s.LK (300, +6, 2 frames startup, cancels into everything)

• c.MP (700, +1, 4 frames startup, cancels into special/super)

• far s.MP (800, +4, 4 frames startup, cancels into special/super)

• c.MK (800, -3, 4 frames startup, cancels into super)

• c.HP (1100 / 700 as anti air, -14, 3 frames startup, cancels into special/super)

• c.HK (1000, -8, 3 frames startup[?! i dont think the book is correct here, it’s more like 6 frames], cancels into special/super but they dont connect)

• close s.HK (1100, +2, 4 frames startup, cancels into special/super)

• far s.HK (1000, +6, 8 frames startup, cannot be canceled)

Yuri has very impressive frame data. Most of her normals are very fast with 3/4 frame startup, even her hard normals. beside that, many of them give frame advantage, making her poking game safe. She can be played very aggressive without taking too much risk + she can link most of her important pokes together so she doesn’t have a hard time to hit confirm into super or other stuff (which is way more important than raw damage). Since her special moves are also very safe on block (well except for her dp of course, heh) and most of her normals can be canceled she also has some very interesting block strings that can take away 50% (or even more) of the guard bar. Oh yeah, her j.LK (crossup) and j.HK are awesome too.

… DAMN, everybody who told me Yuri sucks … STFU :karate:

[bnb combos]

• c.LP, c.LK / (close) s.LK xx qcf LP (3 hits, 1300/1400)

• c.LP, c.LK / (close) s.LK xx hcb LK (7 hits, 1708/1808)

• c.LP, c.LK / (close) s.LK xx dp HP - dp HP (6 hits, 1991/2091)

• c.LP -> c.MP/s.MP xx hcb LK (7 hits, 2208/2308)

• c.HP / (close) s.HK xx hcb HK (10 hits, 2670)

• c.HK (knockdown) xx qcf LK (meaty hit) -> (walkup/runup/dash) c.HK xx qcf LK (meaty), repeat/whatever (1 + 2 hits, 1000 + 1700 + pressure)

• c.HK (knockdown) xx qcf LK (meaty hit) -> hcb HK (1 + 10 hits, 1000 + 2470)

• c.HK (knockdown) xx qcf LK (meaty hit) -> (walkup/runup/dash) close s.HK xx qcf HP (1 + 3 hits, 1000 + 2800, 38 stun !)

[super combos]

• c.LP -> c.LK / (close) s.LK / (far) s.LK xx qcf x2 P (8 hits, 5400/5500/5600)

• c.LP x2 -> c.MK xx qcf-hcb K (21 hits, 6000)

• c.LP -> c.HP / (close) s.HK xx qcf x2 P (8 hits, 6300)

• c.HK (knockdown) xx qcf LK (meaty hit) -> (walkup/runup/dash) c.MK xx qcf-hcb K (1 + 20 hits, 1000 + 6300)

• c.HK (knockdown) xx qcf LK (meaty hit) -> (walkup/runup/dash) close s.HK xx qcf x2 P (1 + 8 hits, 1000 + 6800)

Sooo, anybody here still plays her or started playing her for the reason that Sak is boring ? :tup:

Good stuff from HERE