Yun

Post anything about yun you feel that your at advantage or disadvantage. Also a general idea on your opinion about how you deal with yun. Everyone has a different style so everyone respect each other.

RH is your best friend.

Walk, never run, unless ure running away.

Things I’ve noticed about playing against Yuns:

If they like to vertical jump divekick at certain ranges, you can throw an HK at the right time and beat any attempts at dive kicks safely, if they do nothing the HK will end before they land, and if they dive kick it can hit them clean.

If they are doing genai-jin block stuff, you have tons of time to react to yuns command overhead. Enough that you can EX or lp SRK him out of it on reaction, or at least block it easily. Also, Oro’s backdash is fast enough to get away from yun if you are not already in the corner. Other than that, oro doesn’t have much of anything to get out of this situation (not that anyone does).

HK beats or trades favorably with most of Yuns pokes.

And then theres the well known disadvantage of not being able to chicken combo yun properly if he started on the ground.

A few more things to add:

Due to the fact that you can’t chicken combo Yun, you want to do most your damage in this situation of either a 2 hit MP to RH, or 2 hit MP to 1 hit MP sj. cancelled into j. RH. One thing I always do (actually against everybody cause I’m pretty safe and usually never go for the chicken combo unless I’m confident it will work) is buffer the QCFx2 everytime I land MP, that way if it hits I just have to look if I have meter and confirm it.

It’s going to be difficult to land that MP against a good Yun player unless you parry a divekick, in which case you can usually do the full chicken combo (there’s a certain angle in which it is possible to chicken the twins midscreen). Therefore I would suggest activating non-EX SAIII as frequently as possible. Play a similar game to the Yun you are facing. When he is running away building meter you can build yours as well… it’s not a good idea to be chasing a Yun when he’s building meter. Yun can charge genei-jin very fast and when it’s activated you can’t do much… therefore the best time to land damage is really that period when he has full bar and he’s trying to combo into genei jin… at this point it is imperitave that you also have full bar or close to full bar if you want to land damage. If he has full bar and you don’t then you’re in big trouble.

Neutral jump RH has great range and damage and will take care of a divekick-happy Yun… but don’t spam it. A good Yun player will catch on very quickly.

If you have the opportunity to dash away during genei jin, you’re safe. Oro has the BEST runaway in the game with that kickass backdash and a double jump. However, don’t take a dumb risk… Oro’s life isn’t that great so if you screw up it’s GGPO.

Use fireballs very wisely. They can make you lose just as easily as make you win. Make the right decisions… just remember… one screwup and it’s divekick > death.

That’s all I can think of ATM.

From the wise words of Marn

“Oh just kick him.”

ONE MORE THING!!

Yun’s only wakeup move is EX kick dp… and chances are that he DOES NOT WANT TO WASTE METER. Therefore it’s not a bad idea to score a knockdown… just remember that he can tech roll very fast. Oro can also do a ground crossup if he tech rolls so you can make use of that. Again (as with everything), don’t overuse this strategy… even though a Yun will PROBABLY not EX kicks, IT CAN BE DONE! So be careful :smiley:

Oh yea, and about that. If you think he’s going to do these, a meaty c.mk will actually go under this and his EX kicks will wiff. This works against Alex’s EX air throw, too.

Really! Wow thanks for that :tup:

well u can just duck his ex kicks if you want…

And about what spectre said about NOT chasing him when he builds meter, i think this is completely wrong. A decent yun will activate without a target combo etc, obviously, theyd be crap if they didnt.

So poke hits out of him when hes charging meter, run when he activates, then move in again when HE starts running.

This match is all about how well you can poke him to death, and how quickly.

If ure playing a yun who tries to pressure you with divekicks, use n.jump RH and RH accordingly.

Wow how did I miss this thread? Yun is my worst matchup for some reason, despite all the Yun practice I get.

Actually Yakoudama I agree with Spectre for the most part, building meter at the same time as Yun is a pretty good idea. You’re not going to do any damage to him without meter, so I say whiff air chicken until you have about 60% of your bar before expecting to land any decent damage.

Tengu pressure in the corner is Yun’s worst enemy, activate as soon as he’s close to the corner and try to apply as much pressure as possible. He can usually poke right out of your UOH so don’t use it too much, just go for chip with the occasional UOH or S.HP.

s.mp xx mk chicken, FP uppercut is a good way to build meter and does decent damage… for when you find yourself scoring with s.mp anyway.

ALL oro’s red parring genei-jin is your best friend learn it also bait his shoulder so you can parry it and he wastes a super. :annoy:

LOL a red parrying Oro… this defies all logic. A person who is skilled at red techs SHOULD NOT be playing an Oro :rofl:

i don’t get it

Ballz