Your worst matchup?

What character do you find yourself having the hardest time winning against with Dictator? and for what reason?

For me, probably Honda. To me he just beats everything I throw out him. His EX Headbutt that is :frowning:

In my opinion next to guile, Honda is Bison’s worst matchup

my worst match up is Honda too. :frowning:
I hate all his moves .
2) Abel - when I against some really good abel…oh my god those mix up
3) Guile -as expected, bison’s worst match up
4) Seth - again those crazy mix up + dive kick is not easy to handle
5) Yun & Cammy - Dive kick --> Throw/frame trap/mix up —> dive kick --> Throw/frame trap/mix up
6) C viper - burning kick
7) el ferto - I dunno what the hell am i doing when playing against el feurto player, usually I won just by doing random shit.

1. Guile - Virtually impossible to get in on him. He isn’t exactly a high damage character but the damage adds up over time and when you occasionally get in Bison has not got the tools to make up the damage he took getting in. Guile has counters for angled and neutral jumps. Blocking SB allows Guile free jump in’s to start pressure, can use his upside down kick to bait crouch tech and an overhead to gradually augment the low damage he does during his zoning game. Your slowly strangled to death in this match up.
  2. Honda - Once Honda has meter its probably more difficult to get in on him than Guile. Ex.Headbutt shuts down jumps in and beats all specials and pokes at close range, as well as being safe on block. You can get the life lead in this match up though and make Honda come to you, but he has an easier time making come backs because its harder to AA him, and he’s got good mix up options with HHS slap pressure and Ochio Throw.
  3. Zangief - Damage output and health heavily favours Gief, so while Bison can outpoke him on the ground, random trades, plus laraits and Ex.Green Hand allow Gief to keep up with Bison until he gets in, Gief can also not be AA very well and if Bison gets corner trapped its good night.

Cammy, Chun and Seth are also pretty tough. But I think the 3 listed above are a notch tougher. Need more match up experience against a good Abel, but he’s pretty tough too.

1. Honda - Damage, OS jab hands, tough jump-ins, with meter he’s a machine… even without meter he is a machine. This is entirely different to facing any other charge character in terms of damage and scare factor.
  2. Abel - Block a step kick and you’re done. At high level your escape options can all be punished by Abel.
  3. Guile - Believe it or not I actually feel like I have more control in this match than the above 2. It’s obviously like 7-3 but he doesn’t hit as hard as the above two and you can still control the space yourself compared to Abel/Honda.
  4. Seth - I think to play this match with any confidence you have to play smart/aggressive. However I feel like it’s never in your favour in terms of damage and mix-ups.

How do you control space against Guile?
He throws a Sonic Boom, you jump at him from mid screen you get anti aired or air thrown. From full screen he can win air to air with J.HK if you’r simply trying to jump forward over the boom to get close. Neutral jump at close range and he can dash under you and C.HP or C.HK you. You block at close range and gets a free jump in to start his own pressure. If you try to build meter with Devils Reverse he can react with Ex.Boom. If you try to build meter by reacting to booms with it, he can dash forward and sandwich you between himself and the boom, if you try to land in between them you get swept if you try to it him he uses C.HP. Focus dashing through fireballs is countered by his pokes.

With guile I just depend on if I have meter to ex scissors through them or focus attack the sonic booms, dash and grab if I can

Zangief I believe can punish even low scissors on block which destroys bison’s main gameplan

in no particular order:

guile - the obvious reasons. i still trash lower tier guile players or assholes who try to counter pick me but the match up is hard no matter which way you slice it.

zangief - ive done a couple write ups on why this match up is kinda [really] dumb.

blanka - i know this is bison advantage even after the upball buff but i’ve always had a mental block against blankas since i was a kid. i hate the way he hops around everywhere. hop then… is he gonna throw? go for a counter hit? electricity? upball? ultra? what’s he gonna do??? HE’S HOPPING EVERYWHERE AND JUMPING ON ME AND RUINING MY CHARGE >_>

abel - just another dumb rock-paper-scissors character in my eyes. i share kim’s sentiments that’s it’s kinda dumb for bison. typical story of zoning him out for 90 seconds only for everything to be erased in 9. once abel gets in all he has to do is let the good times roll.

yun - still completely easy mode to wreck bison. i’ve been asserting this match up has been bad for bison ever since ae dropped but no one believed me. once a dive kick makes contact on hit or block it’s over for bison. yuns s.mp is also ridiculous during footsies that will help get him in your face pretty face if you screw up just once

fuerte - don’t like his game style plain and simple.

i can respect a good fuerte and blanka players, but the rest of the characters listed i have trouble respecting even if the players behind them are good. nothing personal, i just don’t like the characters for whatever reason and sometimes i don’t think them beating me are very well deserved

You can focus booms from 3/4 range and be fine and you can block. You’re not in any particular rush to get in there so you can work your way in quite patiently and play footsies and counterpoke. You can react to booms 3/4 - 1/2 range and jump at him with a deep j.hp that he either can’t AA and has to block or gets a trade that’s pretty decent. The range is tight sure but it’s manageable. I know all about Guile’s capabilities but I’m far more comfortable against him full screen than I am against some other characters. Block booms, walk him into the corner and you’re golden.

It used to be Honda but after watching Dogura :smiley: I think my worst matchup is Guile and Rufus.

Worst match-up is M.Bison. I hate these mirror matches. All random 50/50 pokes and ex psychos. I’d rather fight guiles and abels all day instead of a bison mirror match

you get hit by random poke or ex psychos? lol…bait it out man.
if your defence are really good and you know all the bison trick, seriously killing a scrub bison is really easy.lol
it is either you’re not good enough or simply the player outclassed you.

I don’t want to be an ass but yeah baiting out the wakeup psycho is very easy in a mirror but I dislike the mirror match too though

Guile
Honda
C.Viper
Guile
Zangief
Guile

the and a half years later, still dive kicks and grappling mix ups.

Bison gets opened up by a lot of mix up options against him. My worst matchup is basically my panic trigger when I smell mix ups coming in.

10-0. Free. Random new setup that I’ve never seen before doesn’t even scare me. Knowing mix ups coming in that I know are way advantageous for the other party gets me boiling.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gief can’t actually “punish” light scissors cos it’s +0 on block. He can counter whatever you do next unless you become A: Invincible or B: Airborne within 2 frames though so yeah. I tend to backdash after a badly spaced blocked scissors and you can then punish the whiffed SPD if it comes.

My worst? Beyond the usual three guile, Honda, gief I would add anyone with a dive kick and viper. Always in the damn air and can’t do much about it. Mix ups out the ass to boot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gief/Honda, Guy, Guile, Seth, Gen, Cammy, Makoto knows cross up tsugi and option select, Bison mirror, Sakura, Vega, Sagat.

Sagat, Claw, Guile and Cammy, Guy, Makoto is base on play style.
Sagat if he know how to use ex knee in right range, 3 meter can kill me, because this MU is about corner, if you corner sagat, you win, if not, you lose.
Claw is base on how well their ground control is, if he is good, you can’t really by pass st.HK and st.HP/cr.MK cr.MP, this is jut 3 button we talking about.
Gen is also base on ground, cr.mp in matis, st.mp (+5 on block? WHT DA FAQ!) if Gen is gimmicky I don’t worry, if he play NOTHING but ground, is hard to win.
Honda too, if he is gimmicky and jump around that is ok, but if he is calculated rush and very random on certain point, is like you die or I die situation.
Gief is also depend on kara 360, and green hand option select, and MUST with Ultra 2, if Gief use ultra 1 I don’t really give a sht, I can Ultra 1 his ass.
Guy if play turtle, that slide is so BS, and you can’t really safe jump him with his ultra/ex tasu, his ex run + ultra 2 have sick damage, plus that elbow…
Seth…if he win, he is good, if I win, he just not as lucky as other seth.
Guile is all depend on HOW he focus back dash on wake up, if he knows how, 90 damage mostly, if he don’t know how, Bison win.

I think I am quitting all the FG, for a while…

at end all hail to Hoggs bison…I mean higgs boson, ALL HAIL TO PSYCHO PARTICLE!

1 Cammy by far. I just don’t know wtf to do once she gets in. Once she starts her cannon spikes its a done deal.
2 Oni Same thing basically, but to a lesser degree. A lot of guessing and it just seems I get Dp’d way too much
3 Guile well…

my worst match up is myself. My lack of confidence kills me.

blanka trolls me HARD. i don’t know if his slide can be punished by dic’s slide. He has annoying cross up pressure whereas I can’t cross him up. What. Tha. Eff. It’s as if Blanka in SF4 was designed to troll Dictator.

I’d rather fight and get perfected by Akuma/Chun/Seth players than get trolled by Blanka. Ugh.