Your fav kof game

99 is the alone kof where I’m having fun and still not really (kof is a game who is no longer interesting for me)…
-Graphism
-One of few kofs with 97, 2k, 13, 11and 98um where tier list is really balanced.
-I like the back dash who gets qualities and faults of course.
-Soundtracks

Like i said you in kof 99 there’re just Jhun and Kensou like no situational combos infinites. For K’ combo infinite, you need to be in corner, to hit with Clark Striker (which almost impossible in the metagame of now, especially in corner) and you must be in counter/armor mode (which happens very rarely with K’). In China (i doubt they play 99 in Japan or Korea), they just ban Kensou infinite…

And UM kofs is clearly balanced (you see when a game is balanced through the matches of the best world players). The teams are various in the ums even if you see pretty often K’, Kasumi, Nameless and Kula in kof 2002 um.

In kof 98, it’s unfortunately limited to Iori, Chris, Daimon and Chizuru…The others just serve to manage a match-up in particular (Mai on Iori, Chang on Daimon, O.Yashiro on Chang)…but they are not actually included in the metagame…

The best players are clearly in China (i doubt that Jojo or Shinsun beats Xiaohai, Lao Hei or even Cheng Long or others in a ft 10 offline) and they use 98% of the time Iori, Chris, Daimon and Chizuru…

The problem is not even the fact that there are bugs, infinite combos in a fighting game but the fact that there were no updates in the retro fighting games (there’re bug fixes and characters balances in sf5 and kof 14 for example, there is nothing like that in the retros)

Silly goose. Should I bash on your opinion as well? Doesn’t seem fitting in a favorite game thread, now does it?

Should I huff and puff and tell you that FFS is the best fighting game there is on the Neo and your opinion is null? RBS Krauser begs you to rethink your statement.

I like KOF 95 because it was the year that I was born. :smile:

1 Like

Go ahead, I always like to see in-depth opinions that differ from my own.

Fatal Fury Special is mostly really stiff and poorly balanced, but the music and the uniqueness/fluidity of grappling with Jubei Yamada are on a level of their own. Sadly the rest of the game is not as good.

P.S. RBS Krauser is weak for a boss. Laurence gives me far more trouble.

This a favorite thread, not a lets trash your opinion (which you did but now you want to discuss it, lol) and have a debate thread. I’ll indulge lightly but judging by your last comment, I think we’re on 2 very different planes.

Krauser RBS as a boss sure, RBS is wicked easy on level 4. As a human opponent, that’s another story. Geese and Billy might be just as OP if not more. Just look at the tiers and see for yourself.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Real_Bout_Fatal_Fury_Special

FFS being stiff is common assumption for the people that don’t play it…more like very strict on command inputs. Just like most SNK games of the time and a little after. Poorly balanced? Where did you get that from? Personal experience from your 1p ventures against AI bosses, please. FFS has a very well balanced roster, yes there are tiers but at least 1/2 the roster is slightly above the rest with Geese once again sitting at top.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Fatal_Fury_Special

I don’t know if your one of those guys that can’t play the old games or just don’t care for them. Everyone has their favorites and that’s cool, leave people to their opinion, if you want to discuss in depth, at least bother to bring something substantial to the table to prove your point rather than bashing someone’s preferences.

I liked Kof 2001 because I’m mentally deficient, apparently.
I kinda started playing Kof from '99 so…

1 Like

That is a terrible reason to like a game… :sweat:

Oh I LOOOOVE KOF 2001 :smiley:

Great character roster, all characters with great movelists. And you can play with 4 characters :smiley:

Maybe not the best KOF game out there, but freaking packed with great possibilities.

1 Like

nvm

It could be the radical sfx of aof/ff. It could be pixel art. It could be the type of metagames and gameplay that title is emphasizing. It could be the creativity. It could be the silliness and brokenness. It could be anything I dunno.

I could debunk all of that with a single SNK statement, but this thread’s asking for our favorite iteration of KOF so I’ll keep to myself rn. Catch me in the “98 vs 99” thread.

You dislike other versions of Robah?!! You’re dead to me, lol.

Why not. Here is twitter’s take on the subject.

づね Dune’s take

https://twitter.com/RunningWildWolf/status/1083527167655510016

Here is my take on the KoF franchise as a whole:

Great: '98 (Final Edition)
Amusing: '95, '96, '98, '99, 2000, Neowave, XI
Disappointing: '94 (Rebout), '97, 2002, 2002 (Unlimited Match), 2003, XIII, XIV
Terrible: '94, 2001, XII

I like 94 OG it makes for some good times with friends. “too bad it’s too good” in the same vein as svc

I feel like it lacks the polish and presentation quality of its sequels. With even the teams being static, it makes it kind of hard to go back to when other games in the series do everything better.

Sure. It’s a goofy game and I kinda find that appealing. Playing a match in Korea stage is such a dumb feeling lol

HAHA totally out of nowhere… :grinning: nothing in1982 so I do not like KOF or FG in general

By the way 2K2UM always in top, clearly the best of them all (for me)

It could have been fun for others games, what’s your favorite Clayfighters.