You seen Coming to America? What if that guy was also Batman? - Black Panther General Discussion

You guys still arguing? Wake me when someone wants to chat about what we see he can do so far in-game. Speculation, hype, possibilities

Iā€™d love to. Part of my point segues into what he is for this game. Iā€™ve been talking character design almost the whole time. An issue I had with SRK in the past was this ā€˜carpet bombā€™ style of mediation. Read the text, Iā€™ve been making mechanical points.

But Iā€™m chill. Iā€™ll happily talk his mechanics. I obviously have no issue with him as he is.

https://youtu.be/Asj0UIg2afA

^^^ More gameplay. Scrubby, but take what u can from it.

I just had to educate some ppl here about who Black Panther really is, since thereā€™s a lot of misconceptions floating around, even from the game itself; which is understandable since most people know very little about Black Panther. When comicbook fans and gamers merge, you will naturally have these debates.

THERE WERE NO MISCONCEPTIONS

YES THERE WERE

https://youtu.be/gYjagxk928s

I think this is the best Bee-Pee walkthrough yet. Goes through all his normals and specials.

The feeling of seeing 26 new posts, getting excited about gameplay discussion + analysis, but seeing a pointless debate <<<<<<<<

For the record, I agree that they could have done more with his abilities from the comics, but Iā€™m still really excited to use him.

Anyone else bummed out that the reception for him hasnā€™t been good so far? A lot feel he is going to suck :frowning:

Chris G just got boddied by Hagger.

I like the overhead and his DP. Not a fan of his stubby normals tho, reminds me too much of Necalli. Rekkas seem to make up for the stubs, but look unsafe from the footage so far.

Reality stone will be BPā€™s best friend.

Iā€™m sure he got some tech somewhere with that flip kick. Overall, looks like heā€™s gonna have to work hard for results.

The motto of fan loyalists. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll come up strong with the right partner and stone.

any predictions for early partner choices that will synergize?

I sense that this game will define team designations in terms of ā€˜openers and closersā€™. Panther seems like and opener off certain attacks. Basically the meme team of Panther and Rocket may be a legit thing. Anybody who can throw long lasting trash on screen to make his wall hike movements safer.

Iā€™m gonna tie him with Dante, of course. But I foresee an evolution of sorts with the meta where BP will flourish without leaving trash on the screen. The guy who tore apart Chris G is already doing it.

Most of us are naturally looking at specials for most of our tag mixups. I think, ā€˜imoā€™, the future will see every normal attack standing or jumping being lead to much faster mixup. Essentially I think weā€™re playing the game too slow, and if Iā€™m right itā€™s not gonna matter who BP gets paired with. Heā€™ll open you up for blocking Capā€™s HK.

Insightful and exciting stuff.

My current candidates for who to pair him up with are Coon/Thor/Zero/Sigma

will lab the first 3 this week and see who clicks! Coon is the #1 priority tho

I am genuinely excited for BP I wasnā€™t aware people saw him as boring. I plan on playing him with my current roster of Zero/Dante and Iā€™ll prolly use space/Reality still.

I can smell trash tier coming from a mile away. I canā€™t be the only one whoā€™s notice how nobody is excited to play him and this was so easily avoidable. Maybe they should have hired an intern to read a BP comic or two. Iā€™ll try him out first before I trade the game

I enjoyed what I saw from the demo session Capcom Unity hosted a few hours ago.

Tā€™Challaā€™s definitely missing that ā€œwowā€ factor at first glance and it didnā€™t have to be that way at all. Typical rekka mixups.

Wall cling and air mobility isnā€™t really exclusive to BP. Strider got that covered too.

Who knows tho, somebody might discover some broken cheese with him.

Cheese is eh.

Not bad for his 1st outing, but unless he can block instantly after canceling walk clings and dives thenā€¦

I think heā€™s going to be a strong point character however, he already looks like heā€™s going to have some of the best tag cancels and if you can rekka tag cancel into over head and lows thats super good. Or if he can make his self somewhat safe with tag cancels into wall clings.

Def gonna be a strong point character for tag shenanigans, on point alone thoā€¦ heā€™s not looking to strong. Unless those rekkaā€™s are safe or canā€™t be pushed blocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqY08RiDpp0

Some BP footage.