You like getting stepped on? Poison Setups/Okizeme

Definitely throw it in there to mix them up

WoL x3 > Forward Dash > Back Dash > F+MP (Comboable)

Also after wol x3 if you backdash and do the meaty hp AE you can forward dash once and be in range for cr.mk or a combo-able f.mp

Credit goes to echo (@livecho) for these setups

4 frame same jump, semi 3 frame safe jump because the jump in is far enough a shoryuken will whiff.

forward throw, medium WoL, neutral jump short

forward throw, ex fireball, jump short is a safe 4 frame cross up that makes 4 frame reversals whiff.

If you want to find additional setups off of forward throw, he says you have to kill 37 frames for a 4 frame safe jump, and 38 frames for a 5 frame, etc. use this as a frame of reference for making more setups.

@Arkayne17 Meaty fireball avoidance data completed in second post.

(If anyone thinks I’ve missed something, or has any suggestions, let me know.)

So, at a glance… with enough advantage, and good spacing, meaty HP AE pressure is very, very safe. Most characters seem to be dead in the water and can only attempt to escape instead of fighting back.

I thought WoL did not give as much of an advantage for a comboable meaty HP AE, but apparently it does. The spacing seems right too.

http://youtu.be/3V7XoVNezPE

I am thinking that if you get cr. MK blocked after HP AE hits, it must be either wrong backdash timing, wrong HP AE timing, wrong forward dash or wrong cr. MK timing. Any thoughts?

I think I know for sure that HP AE, f. MP is never a combo.

This probably isn’t even worth the edit, but for completion’s sake, Viper’s Ultra 2 could be included as an italicized option as well. Though, if you ever find a Viper using U2 over U1, you could prolly just let them land it on you out of pity.

@~Mirage~ At some point during testing I discovered that if you do HP AE early enough after backthrow, neutral jumping should be impossible; so, I excluded midair ultras such as Viper/Dhalsim/etc. U2.

The thing is, meaty HP AE’s safety can vary wildly, as you have to consider your spacing, and you have to consider how early (or late) you’ve done it. I was hit today by a Ken mashing Guren Senpukyaku after a WoL, backdash, HP AE; after WoL, HP AE is indeed comboable, but it can be neutral jumped, so in WoL’s case, I think the spacing is right for correct comboability, but the advantage is wrong (you don’t recover in time to throw HP AE sufficiently meaty enough for safety’s sake).

I think the neutral jump seems to be a good check for safety; if they can neutral jump it might not be too safe, if they can’t neutral jump they are gonna have to whip out a 1f punish or something of that nature.

Anyway, it’s just to give people a sense of what they can possibly expect. Your matchup notes are probably going to be different from mine.

(Thank you for the visual aid as well, it demonstrates the general situation quite nicely. @Arkayne17 I guess it’s up to you if you want to put that somewhere?)

I see what you mean. I was similarly concerned about how effective the HP AE was as a meaty after backthrow when I realized how much I was able to move as Viper during my tests. Now I’ll be using the ability/inability of the opponent to neutral jump after wake-up as a benchmark for what to look for in the future.

That was helpful.

I made a thread for it but it didn’t seem to get much feedback, so i’ll post it here instead. My bad, guys!

I haven’t tested all the characters yet, as i can’t stop actually playing against people for experience, but I’ve found setups for 25 characters so far.

Meterless:
(C.LPx3, x HK LMT) <- The one in the video.
Ryu, Ken, Seth, Dan, Bison, DeeJay, Poison, Evil Ryu, Adon

(Cl.S.LKx2, C.MK x HK LMT)
Cody

(Cl.S.LKx2, C.MP x HK LMT)
Rose

(Cl.S.LK, C.MP x MK LMT)
Vega, Fuerte

(C.LP, CL.S.LK, C.MK x HK LMT)
Cody, Rolento

EX:
(C.LP, Cl.S.MP first hit x EX LMT)
Fei, Gouken, Dudley

(Cl.S.LK, slight delay for pushback C.MK x EX LMT)
Rufus

(Cl.S.LK, Pixel Step Back Cl.S.MK, EX LMT)
Juri

(C.LP, slight delay for push back Cl.S.MP first hit x EX LMT)
Guile

(C.LP, slight delay for push back C.MP x EX LMT)
Oni, Chun, Yun, Yang
(Can also grab Chun if she low profiles the flip on prediction)

(Cl.S.LK, C.MP x EX LMT)
Sim, Sakura, Vega

Enjoy, have fun, and share. :slight_smile:

Forgot to add. Overhead links into c.lp. Which link into st.mk, which cancel into whatever-you-want. So landing Overhead is pretty damn important.

Not sure if these were already found or not, but:

All 4 of his Flash Kicks whiff if he tries them. U1 will get a few of the first hits but then you fall out of it.

UPDATE: This also works on Balrog, too. All Headbutts will whiff allowing you a free punish.

EX Messiah gets you out and resets the situation to neutral.

Another LMT crossup. At almost point blank distance a cr.Lp or st.LP into EX LMT will crossup Sagat and Hugo

Sorry for the gorilla style on the recording again. I thought that it might work on T.Hawk or Gief but it didn’t.

I do have some cross under things. (Probably up already but I saw this from Melo’s play.) corner only but applicable in a real match.

cr.mk x ex rekka x slighty early j.hp (Deals 235 on the first part) then cross under stand hp rekka to get another 236 for a total of 471. The stun is 680 all together. So if your opponent has at least 100 stun or 150 that would mean any combo after this mix up with lead to a dizzy. It only costs 1 meter too.

Some corner setups with fake cross ups.

Do these HP AE setups deal with backdash or do ya got an option to deal with backdash if ya predict it?