You lack discipline oh foreign knight! The Arthur Thread

So this is more relevant now. http://i53.tinypic.com/2ius6s7.jpg

Arthur the “Great”…for the win…I’m really interested in this character can’t wait to see or hear more great things about him…until I get my hands on MvC3…

Arthur the “Great”…for the win…I’m really interested in this character can’t wait to see or hear more great things about him…until I get my hands on MvC3…

Please change thread name to…

Doing all for that Prim Prim booty, the Arthur thread.

His spacing game looks roachy. New cable?

A MvC1 veteran made it through. Maybe we can get Strider and Jubilee too.

MANLY TEARS WERE SHED …

Team SPAMALOT ASSEMBLE!!! can’t wait to main him. Also, i think this htread needs a better name.

In the video, the last hyper he does on Dr. Doom uses the goddess bracelet you have to get on on second playthrough in Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts which was one of his best weapons as it was able to fire off shots very fast just like his hyper is now, nice tribute Capcom.

New Spiral (hopefully)

His whole arsenal is pure eyecandy for the old school gamers, i’m so hyped ;___________;

You lack discipline oh foreign knight!

Keepaway game looks sick, his two level 1 hypers look great. Surprise/stoked they included golden armor as a move.
His level 3 looks a little weak, even if it does look totally fucking badass.

Yeah even just his walking and jump animations are win because its the same as in the GNG games, which is sweet :wgrin:

This guy is gonna be top tier.

With crossbows, daggers and enhanced torches, he’s gonna be a total trapping/cheaping fortress on his own.

Need to see the rest of his spells and armor mechanics.

THIS needs to be the thread title

i haven’t played him since the snes era!.. definitely going into my team

Ammy/Arthur/(Doom or Trish) is going to be the new Team Duc, isn’t it?

I’m okay with this.

IMO, with good assists (Doom’s Rocks) it looks like Sir Arthur will have epic lockdown!

My favorite capcom character for a long time :smiley:

arthur makes me lol

he looks pretty cool though

I actually don’t know if Molecular Shield would be Arthur’s ideal assist; it would be good cover up-close for pressure or pushing somebody out, but since the Doom rocks are so slow to start flying and Arthur already seems to have a crazy fast air projectile game, it seems like he’d be looking for a projectile assist more in the vein of Sentinel drones (for the traditional Spiral-esque patterns) – something where the fireball deploys faster but still travels fairly slow so that Arthur can adjust his spacing and cut off jumping by chucking his fast crap. (I never played G&G so besides the lances I’m not quite sure what all he’s chucking.) With that kind of assist character he really strikes me as a character who could spend the entire match at full screen as a viable gameplan.

He definitely seems like a very interesting zoning character so far. It’ll be interesting to see how his armor functions – is it like G&G where it goes away when you get hit and provides flat upgrades to his toolset, or is it a stance of sorts where you’re trading one moveset for another with a different focus? (My guess so far is the former, but we’ll see.)