passive Healing (slow heal) lvl1
rage super (power speed up lvl1)
lvl 3 Direct healing.

special moves

Tornado claw
drill claw
Down Mk in air
Berserk Barrage

Same stamina as he has in mvc2, with slightly more power.

Hmm i remember Elena having a healing super in SF3 games…and she wasnt top tier. As for him healing regularly during a match make his stam low(like Akuma from SF4) and that will balance it quite nicely.

I love that you can air combo into Fatal Claw. That’s something that I’ve always wanted to see in MVC2. I’m guessing it couldn’t be done in MSF or MVC1, either?

He looks really good thus far.

Well, if you want to get technical, Cathal was the voice for Wolverine around the same time Conroy started voicing Batman. When I read Wolverine in the comics, I think of Cathal waaaaay before Blum, and i’m a huge fan of Blum, just not as Wolverine.

I dunno about you guys, but from the vids I watched, it seemed like Wolverine didn’t have anything that particularly stood out. He can probably cross-up with a air dash and a normal, but most of the characters had some other ways to mix-up.

Felicia could cross-up in ball form, Cap Am can cross-up with his shield and cartwheel, Morrigan has a command throw which I predict will work well with the game’s engine, and Ironman has a godly tri-jump (which will probably get nerfed).

Wolverine had good damage on his chain combo > Level 1 Super, but so did Captain America and other characters. Hopefully, Wolverine’s Drill Claw can add some sort of mix-up, but I’m failing to see what makes Wolverine stand out in this iteration. Maybe he has a comboable overhead like Deadpool. Or maybe he has a unlisted special that heals his red health when he charges, similar to Felicia’s meter-gaining attack (also unlisted).

Though I don’t see myself playing Wolverine, the guy deserves something. He’s one of the most iconic figures in Marvel, the dude has lived for hundreds of years and has survived point-black explosions from self-detonating mutants. I can imagine him Drill Clawing repeatedly like Batsu for 75% life, and that can totally work. :cool:

ya i agree

From what I’ve seen his IAD approach is great. Dunno.

The only time I remember him being able to do fatal claw during an air combo was in the PSX versions of MSH vs SF and MvC1. In MvC2, there was this stupid thing where drill claw had to miss. Who’s bright idea was that? O_o

Like most of the things that happened in MvC2 (mostly rather fortunately), no one’s. Of course, comboing into Fatal Claw in this game doesn’t seem that special considering EVERYONE can combo into all their offensive Hypers…except Morrigan…poor Morrigan and her Finishing Shower.

Was Wolvie always able to crossup with that lunging slash? Shit looked a bit intense.

Im not a MvC player.

Bone Claws as alt oufit maybe? He was made of pure rape in MVC1.

I’m pretty sure devs said no alt costumes in an interview, as they want to spend all their of effort cramming in characters. It was on the front page of SRK a while ago.

Haha. I just hope they stick to one Wolverine this time. Two was too many. x.x

actually his msh healing factor was a passive ability.

every damage he takes, he heals half of it back. but i think he took more damage than other characters to balance his healing factor.

xvsf, mshvsf, mvc1 - he heals red life faster than any other character in the game.

mvc2 - wtf happened? he took damage worse than an aborted fetus and his healing factor was nowhere to be seen.

Ok, so I got back from Evo yesterday and I have a lot to share about Wolverine in MvC3! First off, lemme note that I’m generally not a Wolverine fan, but after seeing vids of him in this game, he looked like he was pretty good, so I decided to give him a try and lemm say, He is AMAZING! I ended up maining him the entire weekend, he is soooooooo good! Also, I didn’t play MvC2 much, so if I get the names of some of his moves wrong, please forgive me! So here’s some notable things about him -

1. His jumping A is an instant overhead! Really good for pressure!

2. His air exchange, which is his jumping hard from MvC2, crosses up and really well! The setup I used a lot of the time when opponents were crouching was j.A instant overhead on the way up, crossup exchange on the way down!

3. His dive kick which is now d.C in the air, staggers on normal hit so you can combo off it & it floor bounces on counter hit so you can still normal combo or super off it! The dive kick is not an overhead, so it can be blocked low and it does have notable recovery, but it also seems to put the opponent in quite a bit of block stun, so it seems pretty safe on block!

4. His raging slash, which is the qcb, P move from MvC2, now crosses up and hits from the other side if you use the C version, and the B version will too if you’re close enough! I’m not sure if they did that or not in 2, but if they did, then ignore this tid bit. Also notable that against opponents such as Deadpool, Dante, and Chris that play the runaway game, this is a great move for closing distance!

5. Drill Claw - The input for it was any button and exchange! On hit or block you can use drill claw again up to 3 times! I know you could do this in 2, but in this one you can also follow up drill claw with any normal instead of another drill claw if you choose! Again, dunno if he could do that in 2, but what;s notable about it in 3 is on hit, drill claw combos into dive kick and dive kick will floor bounce after being hit by drill claw, so you can combo off it! Timing is a little bit strict, but not that bad. After playing for a while my standard BnB with him became 2A, 5B, 5C, Drill claw, Dive Kick, dash in, 5B, Echange, super jump, B, B, C, Exchange or Fatal claw.

6. He’s not great with anti-airs on the ground, but his j.B & C are both good air to air moves! And of course you always have air throw to back you up!

7. So his supers are qcf, 2 buttons for Berserker Barrage X, qcb, 2 buttons for Fatal Claw, dd, 2 buttons for Speed Up, and LvL 3 was dp, 2 buttons!

8. His speed up super seems to be pretty good in this game! I didn’t get to play around with it a whole bunch, but what I do know is that it does speed up recovery time on his normals, so one notable thing you can do with it is j.A strait into divekick for for instant overhead straight into combo. Like I said, I didn’t play with it too much so I’m not sure what else is capable with it!

Combos - So, right now since nobody really knows any super intricate combos yet, the standard combo for pretty much all characters was ABC, Exchange, air combo. However, for Wolverine, once you are in the air after exchange, the hit box on his air A is really small, so it would whiff all the time, so after Exchange, you have to do B,B,C in the air to make things combo. Here’s what I’vew come up with -
A) 2A, 5b, 5c, Exchange, B, B, C, Exchange or Fatal Claw
B) 2A, 5B, 5C, Drill claw, Dive Kick, dash in, 5B, Echange, super jump, B, B, C, Exchange or Fatal claw.
C) 2A, 5B, 5C, Drill Claw, Dive Kick, Berserker Barrage X

I’ve got a few hypothetical ones in my head that I’m about 95-100% sure will work, b4 I list them, note that after an air combo, when you end with Exchange, the opponent’s character will have a small floor bounce( I know htis to be true for Hulk and Wolverine, but I’m not sure if it’s for everyone), that being said - 1) (Corner) A or B combo metioned above, and end with Berserker Barrage X on the floor
2) (Corner) C combo above, X-Factor, jump, B, B, C, Drill Claw, Dive kick, dash in, B, Exchange, super jump, B, B, C, Fatal Claw (The last hit of Berserker Barrage X slashe the opponent into the air)
3) 2A, 5B, 5C, Drill Claw, Dive Kick, X-Factor, Drill Claw, Dive Kick, Dash in, 5B, Exchange, super jump, B, B, C, Exchange or Fatal Claw

Hope this is usefull info to everyone! I’m gonna try to see if I can make it to Comic Con for a day or so and get some more play time!

Sounds like Logan’s pissed about his mvc2 nerfs!

Hope Wolverine makes high tier in this game. (Though I’d like it if every character was viable)

It would be tight if his style revolved around getting Berserker Rage up and keeping him that way, kind of like Strider/Doom trap but less emphasis on chip damage and more on mix-up and combos.

I’m not that excited to play Wolvie.

[quote=“CI581, post:58, topic:97770”]

I’m not that excited to play Wolvie.[/ QUOTE]

So are you just bumping?

You gotta problem with him. bub?

Because he’s bumping every thread.