Yoshimitsu ver 2013 (a beautiful sight, dat change log is!)

This!

They need to improve the range on his sword normals or improve the frame data. Currently his normals have shit speed as well as shit range.

Give him his Yoshicopter.

I say, since the tip of vegas claw and rolentos pole it, make the tip of yoshies sword it. Simple as that.

Less startup on shoryu, 3 frame it. Thats it. Keep him low tier, make him viable.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Welp, Yoshi’s getting an air target combo buff. I wonder what this means for his left/right target combo set ups, or if it really does only affect aerial opponents. I hope this isn’t the only buff he gets, though.

“(During forward jump) if the first hit of B+LK→MK connects with a mid-air opponent, the second hit will now combo.” -For those who haven’t seen yet.

Hmm, does that mean we can get a free juggle even without counter hit? That Yoshi’s air target combo now causes knockdown+juggle state vs empty jumps?

If that’s the case then it’s a good buff considering j.hp is a crap air to air. But yeah not exactly what I was hoping for.

Yoshimitsu needs cr.mp or st.lk to hit low and overall better normals with more priority, range and more pushback on block.

HORRAY FOR HIS BUFF! quoted from eventhubs “Move listed properly:j.forward f+LK → MK”

Considering that version 2013 is coming out soon and they said that tekken characters are getting better anti air options and they show yoshimitsu’s gohosen. Is it just me or are they going to buff the hitbox on that?

For the SFxT 2013 update Yoshimitsu should get hitboxes that actually cover his normals and a better hitbox on his Gehosen’s to make it more reliable as an anti air.

Damn i have to get internet access at my home soon, would love to contribute but i cant even get the new characters yet.

Woah, long time no see. I was wondering where you went.

Yea i moved and i dont have internet at the moment, i just hate that when i do get back on im gonna have to learned the dlc characters match ups and what ever else thats been learned. also does his air target combo always juggle now?

Yes, no need for counter hit anymore. :rofl: Juggle is guaranteed.

That makes it by far the best A2A option though it’s still risky because you need to jump forward. I still prefer storing a counter hit and going for bj.mp xx switch or cr.hp xx switch.

2013 update will apparently improve Tekken characters AA options. I hope that means Gehosen can finally be reliable. That could be a really huge buff when you think about it. Because unlike shotos Yoshi doesn’t need to switch cancel the DP to get decent damage out of it. He can just do Gehosen x3, LP Gehosen, st.mk xx Gehosen or LP Gehosen into Triple Roundhouse Kick for around 280-320 meterless damage.

I started to play Yoshimitsu, and he’s really fun to play, even if its harder than with most of the cast. But the fact that we’re not going to gain meter with CADC will hurt Yoshi a lot =
I asked Dawgtanian on twitter about that, and he replied “from what I’ve seen yoshi has quite a few buffs!” Thats nice to hear.

Gehahosen will be buff, for sure, but if we can have a low other than his crappy 2lk it could be nice. Making is 2lp a low would be great, then of course, correct his hitbox, and fix his grab[wich cant go over his knee…@_@] I would really be happy, I find Yoshi works well with Hwoarang.

The CADC no longer building meter was my main concern too. Because, fuck, how else is Yoshimitsu supposed to build meter at all? lol. All his moves and chains are unsafe on block so outside of landing a windmill/hit confirm, there’s not much ways to build meter for him. That will make it even more important to have a battery partner I think.

Man I can’t wait to see the changes! If s.lk or cr.mp hits low I’m happy lol. That and a more reliable AA is all I really need. The rest is bonus.

Honestly, I hope they don’t make his j.hk ground bounce untechable. That move is actually really good and Yoshi can even get a good vortex out of it.

Interesting team.

Yeah he works well with any character that has a strong close up pressure/mixup game. And Hwoarang also seems to build quite a bit of meter from what I’ve seen and doesn’t need it much except for the occasional switch cancel.

Yep, without CADC nor decent low Yoshi will have trouble …I mean, her CADC is actually the only tool Yoshi got for keepaway/switch/building meter.
If yoshi could also have his hp cancelable would be great for poking/keepaway/hitconfirm too. But yeah, as you said, a decent AA and a good low is what Yoshi needs the most, the rest is bonus.

And yes Hwoarang is great, cause he hassynergy with pretty much everyone, and he’s really good to apply pressure. In the 2013 he’ll really be better, cause he can apply a lot of pressure, whle building meter being safe on block
. With the boost combo nerf, he’ll be more able to whiff punish. Plus when you do your hunting hawk move, switch to yoshi, and charge windmill, you got almost a free super. Useful with a damage gem.

Plus, you can switch cancel on block safely from one to another. I have big expectations for this team in the 2013v.

Change log is up. These are the official changes for Yoshimitsu in ver 2013:

[LIST]
[]Triple Roundhouse Combo – No longer comes out with df+HK
[
]Walk Speed – Changed to be same as Cody
[]MP – Damage 60->80
[
]MK – Reduced frames by 4 (+4F on hit/0 on block)
[]HP – Counter hit causes knock back - Damage 90->120
[
]HK – Throw invincible from startup - Hit properties changed to be same as 3rd hit of Triple Roundhouse Combo
[]Far MP – Startup 12F->9F - Active attack frames changed from 2->3 - Reduced frames by 2 (+1F on hit/-4F on block) - Hit box enlarged
[
]cr. LP – Reduced frames by 2 (+6F on hit/+2F on block)
[]cr. MP – Move property changed from high to low - Hit box enlarged
[
]cr. HP – Counter hit causes float knockdown - Push back on block when used in boost combo reduced - Hit box enlarged - Damage 90->120
[]cr. HK – Can be canceled
[
]j. HK – Midair hit and counter hit causes untechable knockdown
[]L. Gehosen – Frames 1~10 are invincible against air attacks - Added screen freeze - Damage 110->80 - Startup 9F->7F
[
]M. Gehosen – Frames 1~4 are completely invincible - Added screen freeze
[]Poison Wind Bronze Fist – Special command input timing faster by 3F - Special command cancel timing faster by 4F - Increased backflip speed - Reduced movement distance
[
]Poison Wind Gold Fist – Invincible against air attacks
[]Slap U Silly – Hurtbox appears faster
[
]Stone Fists – Hurtbox appears faster
[]Suicide – Damage 120->250 - Self Damage 60->200 - L ver. is throw invincible, M ver. is hit invincible, H ver. is projecile invincible
[
]EX Suicide – Damage 200->300 - Self Damage 90->250
[]L. Poison Breath – Frames on hit changed to +2F
[
]M. Poison Breath – Frames on hit changed to +3F - Hit box reduced
[]L. Flea to Poison Breath – Frames on hit changed to +2F
[
]M. Flea to Poison Breath – Frames on hit changed to +3F
[]Triple Roundhouse Combo – Hit box enlarged - If first hit connects it causes forced standing on opponent
[/LIST]
Special move meter gain:
[LIST]
[
]Poison Breath: On hit 40->30
[]Suicide: On hit 40->60
[
]Slap U Silly: whiff 10->15
[]Stone Fists: whiff 10->15/On hit each hit 20->each hit 10
[
]Sword Poke Windmill: whiff 15->0/On hit each hit 20->each hit 15
[/LIST]
I will take a good look at them and comment later…

I came here to see Vulcan Hades cream himself.

Ok, there’s a couple of things in there I want to comment. I’ll only talk about the changes I feel are important or interesting:

Walking faster can’t hurt. :slight_smile: Cody isn’t the fastest, but this buff means Yoshi will be able to play better footsies and get that walk > throw more frequently.

Knock back? Do they mean a knockdown or something like a slip that could potentially lead to a combo?

This one is very interesting. It’s now considered airborne/throw invincible which means we will be able to utilize it up close for frametrap purposes and it will launch on hit! If this works like I think it does, it will make Yoshimitsu’s frametraps better. This new move also improves our defense vs grapplers. Because you will be able to wake up s.hk to blow up command grabs and get a juggle out of it. This is great.

ALLELUIA! We finally have a good low with an enlarged hitbox! This makes Yoshimitsu’s mixups actually scary. Currently from f.mk range, opponent has no reason to fear a low attack so they can just stand block and they will never get hit low. This meant that Yoshi’s mixups were only effective point blank where he could reach with cr.lk and Stone Fists. But in ver 2013 this all changes. Opponent will need to respect Yoshi’s low options!

Am I reading this right? cr.hp will cause FLOAT vs standing opponents on ch? AND they’re enlarging the hitbox on it? AND they’re increasing the damage by 30? This sounds way too good to be true. This is kinda broken because cr.hp is safe on block which means it will be a low risk high reward poke to throw out in footsies.

WHAT THE HELL. Why would they even give us that? This turns Yoshimitsu into a beast. Now we can cr.hk xx CADC like Ryu? LOL I can’t stop laughing this is too good.

EDIT: no wait, I think I read that wrong lol. It can be feint I think, because there’s no mention of it being “special” cancellable. They only say it can be canceled. If it’s a feint then this could be our new way to build meter. And if it can be special canceled, well that improves our low options and gives us an even better CADC game.

This to me sounds like a nerf. So basically we no longer have a techable ground bounce, just a regular untechable KD? This sucks because like I said before Yoshimitsu had a super good vortex out of j.hk that will probably no longer be possible because of this change. Oh well…

HUGE. Yoshimitsu’s AA will be better and 1 frame faster than Julia’s DP and leads to good meterless damage.

Completely invincible? Yo this means Yoshimitsu has a reversal DP now for defense and wake up.

WHAT. Suicide deals DOUBLE DAMAGE?! HAHAHAHA I love this!

L version throw invincible -> So LP Suicide > command throws
M version hit invincible -> This means it will be a legit frame trap.
H version projectile invincible -> This is big vs Jack-X who has a DP that is considered a projectile. :slight_smile:

100 more damage lol. And I thought EX suicide was already pretty damaging. This is OP guys, abuse it.

However, as you can see Yoshi also deals a lot more damage to himself. So we’ll have to be careful about throwing suicides especially since red life will recover slower. But basically, this makes his Suicide resets ridiculously good.

To put things into context, L/M poison breath is currently -6 on hit. And a meaty L PB (i.e. that hits during it’s last active frames) currently allows us to combo with s.lk.

Changing it to +2 and +3 means Poison Breath will have 9-10 more frame advantage on hit. So this buff improves 2 things:

1. Footsies. cr.mp xx PB on hit will leave us at +2 or +3 which is pretty significant and opens up a world of frame traps that were not possible before.

2. Okizeme. This will improve meaty PB assuming block advantage is also increased. But on hit there’s a good chance we’ll be able to combo from a meaty L/M PB into something like cr.hp/s.hp (I think this was already possible but I’m not sure as I almost always used HK PB for meaty). Anyway, cool buff.

Suicide deals more damage and builds more meter. This will make his Suicide resets a lot more powerful. Start practicing them because they will become a central part of his pressure.

Windmill is 9 hits so it currently builds 180 meter. In 2013, Windmill will build 135 on hit so it’s a bit less. Still, I don’t think this is a major issue. It still builds a good amount so whatever.

tl;dr: The most important changes: cr.mp is now a low, cr.hk is freaking cancellable, LP Gehosen is a good AA and MP Gehosen is a legit reversal. These buffs alone make Yoshimitsu a much better character overall with improved footsies, mixups, AA and defense. So all in all, Yoshi got some really crazy buffs and though his meter gain got nerfed a bit, the buffs pretty much make up for it. That said, because CADC no longer builds meter on whiff you will need to have a good battery as partner because Yoshi will struggle to build enough meter by himself.

Keep in mind that L Poison Mist still gains meter on whiff and it’s very spammable for meter building purposes and negates fireballs (just like Yun’s palm thrust in SFIV). Although it has been nerfed, I’d like to say that Yoshi still has the ability to reliably build meter