Yakima, WA scene?

Hey, moving up to Yakima this week through August for an internship. Anyone play there or in the area around? Sorry, if there’s already a thread for an area around there… don’t know much of anything about Washington geography. I’m coming from the southeast.

There’s people in the Richland/Kennewick/Pasco area ~1.5 hours away, Seattle area’s ~2.5 hours in the opposite direction, and Portland’s ~3.5 hours southwest of you with Spokane ~3.5 hours in the opposite direction. As for anything closer than that, I don’t know.

There’s also a few tournaments coming up in the general area: Northwest Majors in Seattle June 2nd & 3rd, Spoklash in Spokane on June 9th, and the Walla Walla guys are planning a tournament for the 23rd of June down there.

The Virtual Kumite

Date: June 23, 2012
Doors open at 12 pm an registration ends at 1:30 pm
Location: The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center (Lewis Room)
Address: 6 West Rose Street, Walla Walla, WA
Games: Super Street Fighter 4 AE Ver.2012 (xbox360), Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (xbox360), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii), Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3), Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (360).
Fee: $10 per game an additional $2 venue fee for competitors. Spectators are free.

This is our biggest event yet. Please bring your own controllers for the game of your choice. We will try an provide basic controllers. We’ll be updating the information for the event to keep you guys up to date. Got any questions? Please get a hold of me at bboyreyg@hotmail.com or matthewperkins880@gmail.com also check out our web site at www.thevirtualkumite.com . Time to spread the good word!

There are cash prizes as well. Forgot to mention that. :slight_smile: