"YAHOO~!" Dan's Hitbox hurts

As Dan didn’t have this information uploaded yet, I thought I would post this. This is downloaded & SS are captured from a series of hitbox videos linked in a SRK thread, and the topic I posted here deals with active hitbox only.

How to read hitbox

[details=Spoiler]

Solid Yellow long horizontal boxes should indicate horizontal space that makes opponent to go into block motion.[/details]

Standing Normals

Spoiler

Near version not available in torrent. Sorry =[

far s.LP
far s.MP
far s.HP

far s.LK
far s.MK
far s.HK

Crouching Normals

Spoiler

cr.LP
cr.MP
cr.HP:
frame1
frame2
frame3

cr.LK
cr.MK
cr.HK

Neutral Jumping Normals

Spoiler

nj.LP
nj.MP:
frame1
frame4
frame5
frame6
nj.HP

nj.LK
nj.MK
nj.HK

Diagonal Jumping Normals

[details=Spoiler]
j.LP
j.MP
j.HP

j.LK
j.MK
j.HK[/details]

Gadoken

Spoiler

All versions:
frame1
frame2
LP&MP:
frame3
HP&EX:
frame3
HP only:
frame4
EX only:
frame4
frame5

Koryuken

Spoiler

LP:
frame1
frame2
frame3

MP:
frame1
frame2
frame3

HP:
frame1
frame2
frame3

EX:
frame1
frame2
frame3

Dankukyaku

Spoiler

LK:
KNEE
MK:
KNEE
2nd
HK:
KNEE
2nd
3rd
EX:
frame1

Air LK:
frame1
frame3
frame5
frame9
frame14
Air MK:
KNEE
2nd
Air HK:
KNEE
2nd
3rd
Air EX:
KNEE
2nd
3rd

Ultra

Spoiler

U1:
frame1
frame2
U2:
frame1
frame2
frame3
frame4
frame5

Others

Spoiler

Throw 1:
frame1
frame2
Throw 2:
frame1
frame2

Focus
Crouching Taunt
Jumping Taunt

Face1
Face2

Credits:
Whoever made the videos & hosting the videos
Dan

Good stuff :tup:

s.LP doens’t have a vulnerable hit box with his striking arm, I guess that’s why jabs are so effective. Same is true for s.MP, making it kinda effective for counter-poking if only it were a bit faster.
s.MK and c.MK hit-boxes don’t extend as far as the character model where s.HK extends further (pity it’s so damn slow).
c.HP officially sucks for AA, hit-boxes don’t extend higher than his vulnerable hit-boxes.
nj.MP I think if you hit on the first frame you only get small damage compared to the regular damage (also makes a different attack noise).
Gadouken, his vulnerable hit-box seems to extend further than his hand >.>

Something I don’t get, both Ultra are invulnerable for ages (like 10 frames minimum) so why are we seeing vulnerable hit-boxes in the 2nd frame?

I didn’t make myself clear. 2nd frame is in fact 2nd active frame, so you’re invincible for the whole start-up and then the 1st active frame as well.

Ah, that makes more sense ^^

God-like topic. Thanks buddy, I was looking all over for this.

Just joining the bandwagon to say thanks! :slight_smile:

I dont get it, the air knee’s hitbox looks so bad/puny, yet it beats like everything!

Well I wouldn’t say “everything” but yeah, same goes for regular Knee. Guess it’s a combination of the attack ark and the fact that it stays active for ages, characters sticking their limbs out are possibly getting them hit before their hit boxes turn active.

It does beat a lot of things. Most AA’s doesn’t go straight up at 1st active frame, including KRK, which starts at a low hitbox, and before they can hit you, you hit them. Also as already mentioned, its long active time helps a lot as well. You’ll mostly lose to an AA that has hitbox straight up at active frame 1, like Sim’s knee, or Gen’s gekiro, unless you stuff them during their start-up.

^^Thats weird, cuz yes I do lose to gekiro but i pretty much always beat sim knee clean. Its just too bad it has SOOO much end lag, or else Id throw it out every jump in haha.

Probably because the Air Knee hops clean over Sim’s AA due to the change in trajectory :wink:

In addition Sim’s AA doesn’t jump, and has only 5 active frames. I think if you time it right, his active frames will end and you’ll fall on down to hit him, but I haven’t seen that happening often.

Ah, thats gotta be it, as I ussually hit him right in the dome :slight_smile:

The solid YELLOW long horizontal box means : if your opponent is within that range, the “back” input will be gone to “block” animation. In another word, the opponent will be blocking instead of walking away.

What is Dan’s hurtbox when hes stunned on the floor and when hes recovering from stun with the thumbs up? Ive noticed some peoples combos whiffing when hes on the ground and when hes jumping up for that smile and thumbs up :smiley:

Anyone have the animations for these? alot of this hurts my small brain with out the startup/recovery/wiff animations