Xbox One PadHack Thread - Calling the goons "Toodles, Gummowned, Phreak and You" Do it for the Kids

hmm… guess I need to crack it open…

edit: opened the box and eww… the crosskey is very “clicky”… never felt one like that before

Subscribed. With all the KI tournaments I plan on running here in AZ I was hoping for a somewhat quick padhack solution for XBone. I love the new Madcatz sticks, but I just can’t afford more sticks right now (especially since I already have like 16 from DC/PS2/PS3/360).
Looking forward to your findings Ed!

Just got one and opened it up. I don’t have my tools on me so I’m not 100% sure but it should be safe to say its common ground. The common trace connects to the - batt pin. Triggers setup like the DC pads triggers.

Shits a crazy pad. Its a two pcb setup.

Ughh…

Hopefully that will change with the later revisions. Good news that it’s common ground though!

It will be a lot easier to.deal with over the ds4 soldering wise. Space wise lol.

Lets put all the buttons on one pcb except for B. You have to go on the other pcb. Should see the rubber membrane. Its 3d cus of the gap between the pcbs.

Gummo! Post pics please!

Any more info yet on how easy/hard it will be to pad hack these? I have experience with some pads and wiring up my own joysticks, and I’m thinking about doing it with these as well but I don’t think I’m smart enough to figure it out myself as far as grounds and shit, but I can follow diagrams :slight_smile:

This may be relevant.

It should be a crime to not post videos like that in 1080p.

Also this teardown video is my favourite xbone media to date.

I think the GIMX / project box stick stuff makes more sense than padhacking as a way to get equal access.

Agreed.

I like GIMX idea but that relies on 1 person and there’s no telling how long it will take. If we padhack, we get it done immediately and only rely on ourselves and our padhacking ability.

Pulled from the video which is max 480p so quality is limited-

I’ve got two sticks waiting for pads to be inserted. <-- sounds dirty XD

What I’m wondering if the pcb with all the button contacts is needed for a padhack. I womt know til I have a xbone or til there’s working pc drivers

I won’t know till I get off work and crack my XBONE open but is the traces from the first board going to a chip on the second before buttons? Or is it just traces. If just traces it’s probably a useless daughter board.

Ive traced Most the grounds and they are all common.
I will install into a stick tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/GAgtue1.jpg

Thanks for doing the hard work for the rest of us, guys, lol. I don’t suppose the pad is still USB 2.0? Will it work with Imps, etc?

So is it those pin connectors that send the signals from the daughter board instead of a ribbon cable?

Okay so I take a note, only do videos in stunning 240p

240p? From now on I’m doing it on my old LG chocolate. In vertical mode.

1 Like

i raise with gameboy camera

Pad is USB 2.0 Working on PC driver now to get it to be used as controller to test leads

Yes there are two headers that connect them together