Xbla / psn fighting games with great netcode ( minimum lag )

I played ssf4/ssf4ae a lot on the psn, and if Im not playing someone in my same area ( socal ) lag affects me.
I then bought an xbox and the difference was amazing. Faster connections, more full bar players ( steady solid ), and I could have near lag-free matches with people from far away ( norcal, AZ, etc … no ney york though lol ). I sold my xbox and kept the ps3 for personal reasons, and I havent played online for a while. Now with KOF 13 being released in about a month, I wanna start playing fighting games more regularly. Which games would u recommend me playing online that have a really good netcode like ssf4/ssf4ae? Friends told me that the king of fighters games suck pretty bad ( kof 94, 95, kof 98 UM, kof 12 ), tekken 6, mortal kombat ( mk2, ultimate mk, mk arcade kollection ) . People say blazblue has a pretty decent netcode. And of course ssf4ae ( dont know about 3s online edition ). What about mortal kombat the latest one?
Please tell me which ones are the best, and in what console is better to have them.
Thx!

Out of the retail fighters, BlazBlue probably has the best on PSN.

3SO has GGPO, which does some good stuff, but can’t work miracles with people who have bad net.

The last KoF was horrendous–so hopefully 13 will be better. MK9 at the beginning of it’s release period was very bad as well. Don’t know if this has been cleaned up lately as I’m not a MK person and didn’t stick with it.

Can’t help you out with Tekken, but I can tell you SC4 has pretty substandard online play if you care about that.

MvC3 is very hit or miss, especially since you can’t see who’s lagging what. It’s generally played with noticeable lag.

Out of the retail fighters, BlazBlue probably has the best on PSN.

3SO has GGPO, which does some good stuff, but can’t work miracles with people who have bad net.

The last KoF was horrendous–so hopefully 13 will be better. MK9 at the beginning of it’s release period was very bad as well. Don’t know if this has been cleaned up lately as I’m not a MK person and didn’t stick with it.

Can’t help you out with Tekken, but I can tell you SC4 has pretty substandard online play if you care about that.

MvC3 is very hit or miss, especially since you can’t see who’s lagging what. It’s generally played with noticeable lag.

Lag isn’t such a big of a deal as popularity.

For the most part those who like martial arts probably don’t play video games and those who play video games don’t do martial arts. SF was here first and that’s what dumb asses are good at or should be good at since 1980 ish.

Blaze Blue in particular is stupid slow and filled with lag.

SF4 has decent netcode. But it will randomly screw you over when lag is introduced. Especially because ultras do so much damage.

Mortal Kombat 9 had laughably bad netcode when the game was released. Now, it’s just bad. If you get a good connection it might be ok. Usually it won’t.

In general, 360 will be better for every single game online. I don’t know of a fighting game where people say the online is better on PS3. Of course, Xbox Live has a subscription fee.

You know nothing about what you’re talking about. What the hell does martial arts have to do with this subject?

BlazBlue has great netcode. You probably think SF4 has good netcode. It doesn’t. And it’s the only game I play seriously now.

I thought mvc3 and mk9 were good online. I really wanted to get into mk9 though.
Blazblue is my only choice? I use a wired connection, router with dmz to static ip, cable with 20mbps download speed, 2 mbps upload speed.
No love for any of the old kofs in the neogeo station? I assumed that since those games have old graphics then the speed at where info gets shared was faster, and so lag wouldnt be a problem.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Anything running GGPO will probably have good netcode.

If you both have a good connection, MvC3 or MK9 will work well online. It’s just that you’ll have these random laggy matches against people with 56k modems that feel completely random.

I know that in the ssf4ae psn, even if you find full green bar players, 90% of the time lag is there … while on the xbox connections are way better.
I just want to play a game where I find full bar players and they are all good. Its really frustrating when u miss a deep anti air attack coz of lag, and then eat a big combo. Or when its impossible to tech throw at all due to lag.

Just play offline if you can and save yourself a lot of grief if you’re looking for lagless gameplay. But like I said, 360 has better netcode, and Blazblue has the best netcode amongst fighting games right now.

Fighting game code cannot get around the speed of light limitations of the internet. It can cut corners and hopefully you won’t notice or it can add delay. There’s no real way to have perfect netcode.

If you think SF4 on 360 is fine, then you can play Marvel too.They basically have the same netcode. MK9 has somewhat worse netcode than that though.

3rd Strike Online, HDR and MvC2. Anything using GGPO or GGPO-like rollback netcode really.

:rofl:----------:rofl:------:rofl:-----:rofl::rofl:------:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl:----------:rofl:-:rofl:-:rofl:----:rofl:----:rofl:----:rofl:----:rofl:
:rofl:----------:rofl:----- :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:----:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:------:rofl::rofl:-------:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sadly none of that matters because the issues are not on your side but rather the psn server side and the tools which are granted to the dev’s to design with.
Because of the internal politics it is really a crap shoot if it will be implemented well or not.

Edit For some strange reason my psn seemed to work better using upnp rather then a DMZ.
Not sure how your network is configured but i figured i would pass that along it might help yours a little.

Before Dark Souls i had not dusted off my ps3 for quite a while because everything i want to play preforms better online with 360 which sucks because it was a giant paperweight for like 9 out of 12 months last year.

Sony and Microsoft don’t regulate netcode or how good a connection can be, they only regulate how you find matches. Unless that interview was hiding something.

It’s more their network structure then regulation.