X-23 relaunch off qcf+B / Ankle Slice

I’ve seen the good players (devilJin and others, sorry if I insult someone by crediting the wrong guy) use X-23’s Ankle Slice on hard knockdown or ground bounce (off the air Talon Slice as combo ender) and then relaunch for another quick air combo > Charged M. Talon > Hyper.

For the life of me, I can’t get any move to hit after the MK Talon OTG. It seems to be possible, but I can’t connect with any button, only the Hyper.

Anyone have any tips for me? Trying to practice the Mirage loop-combo’s as well. If I’d have known X-23 would be so much fun, she would have been my anchor from the start. Her “Dirt Nap” is almost an instant-kill combined with Shopping Cart Assist…

Generally speaking, you can really only relaunch with the help of assists. Right before the OTG, you call them to hit after the charged Ankle Slice. If she’s alone, she can’t hit anything but a snapback, 99% of the time. However, with some very specific, random spacing, she can hit with a st.L, too. This only happens if only the very tip of the Ankle Slice hits, but still manages to do 2 hits.
I honestly don’t know a specific way to set up that perfect distance consistently. It just “happens” sometimes. Thankfully, I can recognize when it does happen.

So yeah, in my opinion, I don’t think you should bother with that. If you want a relaunch, get some assists. If you want solo damage, practice those loops.

Not sure if you have the right idea but in order to do a basic relaunch, you need a multi-hit assist, ie: Dark Hole, Cold Star, and so forth. You can also other assists such as Nova’s cen rush. I use Wesker’s gun shot. You can fully charge neck slicer off of that. The time can be really stupid if they land too far and you need to input a dash before hitting the ankle slicer + assist.

[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=3][FONT=arial]Well, Mirage Loops it is. I use mostly Frank (Shopping Cart), Wolvie (Berserker Barrage) assists and both generate too much hit-stun scaling (or I’m a dick in picking up after the Assist), I think, or Deadpool (Quick Work/Katana-Rama: useless) which doesn’t help either. X-23 is on anchor, and I bring her in willingly to go for XF lvl 3 > Dirt Nap, or bring her in to end the match (when my Assists are down). I don’t play online much, figure I need to get my combo’s down first and my resets down next. I really have an idiot rushdown team :wink: a Beam Super would have been a better choice, but hey…[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]

I found it kinda odd too that I couldn’t relaunch off of that, despite the OTG property of the move. With X-Factor usage though, it’s possible to relaunch and go into another series off of the :d: :df: :f: + :atk:. But XF usage and simple combos will only go so far. I’m gonna have to learn the cancels as well if I want to keep X-23 on my team, but I’m just starting to play the game on a semi-serious level and not just for fun.

It is possible to relaunch off it, but only under very specific circumstances and with certain characters.

[media=youtube]Y76YEW6qY8M[/media]

The trick is on certain characters, you can get the 2nd hit of AS to hit at the very end of the active frames so that she recovers in time. You can tell when this happens after you’ve seen it a few times.

Characters I know for a fact this is possible on: Tasky, Spencer, Wesker, Dante, Zero

Haven’t bothered running through to whole cast, but there’s a ton of character I haven’t been able to make this work on.

In general, I don’t expect this tech to be terribly useful in matches unless it’s you get consistent at relaunching after a grounded midscreen dirt nap since that’s the only time I can think of where you know exactly what the spacing will be so you can have the relaunch in muscle memory.

Personally, I don’t know if I would ever go for this in a real match since I so rarely end up in situations where I don’t have a relaunch assist available.

That all being said, you can always relaunch at least once with XF on quick combos and loop to 1.2mil with XF2+.