X-23 Mirage Feint Normal Cancel Input Leniency exploit!

I know in the Brady guide it briefly touches on canceling normals with Mirage feint and canceling feint with special to attain frame advantage. It’s a bit too tedious to realistically pull it off for any combos and etc…until i found this leniency exploit.

Hold S during your combo, initiate any feint, hold what ever button used for the feint for 2 frames (someone test this?). It will do a perfect feint cancel. If you tap for 1 frame it will do the feint normally. The point here is you do not need to do the motion then tap S quickly. This opens up a LOT of combo potential and shenanigans. You can link st.H into itself!!!

Tricks you can do with input (hold S in all of these):

using 214 L to cancel H into M or H
st.H>214(hold L)(slight delay or mash M)st.M or st.H - Very easy to do and ergonomically friendly. With some fun testing I was able to pull off LMc.Mhc.H>214(hold L)MHS and several other crazy combinations. With a bit more dexterity (im still workin on those mission modes >_<), there’s a lot of loop opportunities without need of doing hops. It’s possible we could make entire combos out of MH>cancel and H>cancel and achieve maximum damage before stun and end with 623AA hyper instead of the launcher that ends in OTG 236M>236AA. It’ also means we can max damage on the ground and have lvl 3 be comboable very late without need of an assist. Also more ideas for 100% X-factors, possibly without need of meter.

Pseudo-Air cancel ANY normal
st.H>214L(Hold L),hold forward jump, j.M - Kind irrelevant as simply doing a normal air hop lets us get jumping M anyway, but it gives us new time interval for combos to play with. As well we may be able to link normals that give odd launch height that 214H couldn’t reach prior due to it’s delay before attack and height.

Frame Traps
st.H>214(hold M), st.L - If they don’t advance guard you can bait with a st.H and keep running the loops of LMH>cancel>LMh>cancel, etc… Free meter! Consider this for lockdown with assist (shun-li, ammy, skrull, etc…) where they can’t push you out.

here’s a video (and yes that’s me):
[media=youtube]FcKkaTNZPrU&feature=player_embedded[/media]

i was able to do it using this way and could cancel lmh lmh lmh repeatedly and get it to combo.

However, from a practical standpoint you’d have to find instances in match to hit that S button without it causing a whiff launch or something. Its a little awkward to be holding the S button down for finger acrobatics during your combos :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a better way to do it would be to (using your concept) piano your feint + S with a QCB motion, and hold both buttons down if you want to do a special cancel. It pretty much does what you’re doing except its easier to access when you need it (i.e. during a rush string).

So in terms of inputs it would look like L M H QCB M (piano while holding down M) S, and then hold down and release S for your two frames or whatnot to get the special cancel to come out. The hold and release is tricky because if you do it too fast your launch will come out, but you can do it just fast enough to give you frame advantage.

Yeah I’ve been experimenting with how easy it is to go into and what I found it there’s no real reason to ever use S outside of a combo with her. So I find it easy to hold S the entire fight, let go when I’m ready to launch and tap it. I still fumble on the pressing S separately and this is very consistent.

To prevent the hop due to a 1 frame tap I generally use an attack that wont be my next move. I use L cancel a lot because im usually going H to M and this lets me hold L rather. I’ll use M when I go H to L.

damn, thanks for the post, I’m stuck at school right now and I have work afterwards, but I’ll try this out when I get home.

Does this give you finger fatigue after doing this for a bit? I get tired after practicing her feint BnB for a few minutes

Can’t wait to go home and check this out. Because her BnB that 6-10 stars came up with is very tiring lol.

=D. THanks again OP

Good Stuff OP. With Tron or Chris(Gun Fire) Those frame traps into mix-ups seem so sexy. Can’t wait t hit the lab on this.

Hey guys was in the lab today. This instant cancel is GREAT. Heres one combo I came up with. I’l; upload some more tomorrow night.

The trick is to hold the Air S so that you can Cancel faster on the ground

[media=youtube]8H1wiVA6iQc[/media]

Sweet combo. I still haven’t put anything too interesting in to motion yet. I’m trying to determine the advantage of this over just normal hops if their is one in terms of combos. It might be better for later in when there’s too little hit stun to allow a full hop to occur.

I’ve been on feint cancels since week two. =P
Nice find with the leniency, though. I much prefer actually pressing it, though.
You can also do the motion and an attack button plus S for example, LMH 214 L+S.

well that makes sense… I was wondering why sometimes I would still get the hop instead of a straight feint cancel. I guess I am tapping L for just one frame, need to do it for two… sweet stuff

max damage combo with this is s.H x 5 into one loop, 680k w/WEsker OTG into dp super

OMG amazing video on the home page sakeido. Great use of this trick.

So, I pretty much concentrated on getting my fundementals with X-23 down, didn’t really go for much in terms of difficult combos… just basic ground serious, air series, QCF :l:, charged ankle slicer into a super or assist relaunch where possible.

Reason being that those combo’s do a decentish amount of damage and are super easy to do.

BUT I’ve finally for this MFC stuff sorta down thanks to this thread. What are the major benefits of using this technique in my combos instead of just MF hops?