Worst match ups

Sim, Birdie and Ibuki

@Train130 Most Gief players can be kept at bay with fireballs. Let them chase you all the way to the other side and get some hits when theyre coming in and jump over. So basically they chase you to death. Fighting him inside is never gna turn out well with his damage. Maybe a quick combo or blockstring then get out

This works for me against Gief players when i use Ryu, Ken, Nash, Laura, Guile, Boxer and Chun

A good gief however wont let you just jump over him and out of the corner.
I played gief in sf4 for years and everytime you get close to a corner giefs will back off just enough to avoid that crossup, this is still very possible in V.

I’d recommand a quickdash into backthrow to switch sides.
An opponent dashing in after almost an entire round running away is harder to predict, especially if you dont do it as soon as you’re cornered but a little earlier

Is Zangief a bit hard for Ken like Chris T says or am I doing it wrong and he should be free?

I also feel the matchup is a bit weird. Obviously fireballs are a great tools but beside that I feel every button is kinda risky.

Like I still think it’s favorable for us but not 7/3.

My worst have been stupid Chun li, Karin and Nash

How is everyone fighting Zangief in season 2? I am getting destroyed by everyone

Fireball and s.HK to bait V-Skill. Dash throw/TC> tatsu to punish V-Skill. The match up is a lot tougher than it used to be cause of lariat buff, but ken still wins once you knock him down in the corner.