Worldmind welcomes you to the Corps - Nova information Thread

Who is Nova? Only one of marvels coolest characters ever, and well here is a bit more.

Randomly chosen to become a member of the Nova Corps until the Annihilation Wave destroyed them all, leaving him imbued with their combined power and guided by the super-intelligent Worldmind computer, Richard Rider wages a one-man battle for justice as Nova.

Other information on his story can be found here.

http://marvel.com/universe/Nova_(Richard_Rider)

Spoiler

[media=youtube]2qHIpusRAgQ[/media]

Playstyle

Nova is a highly mobile, high damaging rush down character with around average health for most
characters in this game.Nova has an 8-way dash which means he can air dash in all directions, as
well as ground dash from all directions. He can fly. He is a easy to play character, but
certainly has some tight execution required combos.

Nova will require some monitoring of his red life, incorrect usage will spell death for him.

** Legend **

[details=Spoiler]:u:: Up

:uf:: Up- towards the opponent

:f:: Forward

:df:: Crouching-Forward

:d:: Crouching

:db:: Crouching Back

:b:: Back

:ub:: Up- Back, away from the opponent

:qcf:: Quarter circle Foward

:qcb:: Quarter circle Backward

:hcf:: Half circle foward

:hcb:: Half circle Backwards

:dp:: Shoryuken foward

:rdp:: Shoryuken Backwards

:l:: Light

:m:: Medium

:h:: Heavy

:s:: Special

:a1:: Assist 1

:a2:: Assist 2

:atk:: Any attack except -:s:

:atk::atk:: Any 2 attack buttons except :s:

:atk::s:: Any attack button plus :s:
j.:atk:: Jump plus the attack button

OTG: Off the ground [/details]

Movelist

• By moves symbolize if red life can be used to make it stronger.

:qcf::atk: Gravimetric Pulse (Air ok)
-:l: Forward burst* (At full power, this pulse causes wallbounce)
-:m: Upward (45ish degree angle) burst.
-:h: Forward burst that puts up a small shield* (the more red life, the bigger and more durable
the shield is)

:dp::atk: Centurion Arts

-:l: Sliding kick that hits otg and hits low.
-:m: Nova jumps up and does a diving kick. Hits mid.
-:h: Nova lunges forward, doing a NOVA UPPERCUT that launches the enemy like :s:, can follow in the same fasion.

:qcb::atk: (Human) Rocket Punch (air ok)
-:l: Nova lunges forward, fist first. Knocks opponent back.
-:m: Nova does a tackling punch that wallbounces.
-:h: Nova does a tackling punch that causes crumple.

:s:+:atk: Energy Javelin (hits on the way up and down, causes groundbounce on airborne foes)

:f::h: SUPER NOVA PUNCH that hits otg.
:d::m: Slide normal. Special cancellable
j.:s: Can be delayed for more hits

:qcf::atk::atk: Gravimetric Blaster* (Air ok)
:dp::atk::atk: Power of the Nova Force (Air ok)
:qcb::atk::atk: High Speed Tackle (Air ok) (AKA: NOVA PING PONG!)

Assists
A - Gravimetric Pulse- front - Shot
B - Centurion Rush - Down forward - direct
Y - Nova Strike - front - direct

(For more information on Assists and how they work, visit the team building thread.
Force of Three- The Nova Teambuilding Thread)

Basic combos

:l:, :m:, :h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :dp:+:l:,:dp:+:atk::atk:

(For more combos, visit the combo thread. It is critical that you pay attention! The Nova combo thread )

Useful information
Nova has slow normals, and require good spacing to use effectively. His crouching :l: does not hit low (Everytime I’ve done it it was blocked high.). The way he gets around takes a little bit of getting used to. He has a lot of mobility options, and can get in on zoning teams with Centurion Arts :h:.

Nova’s Centurion Arts :m: causes a ground bounce if it hits an airborne person, as does energy javelin. Energy javelin is deceptively good, and with a good assist gives Nova some more options to get in. Centurion Arts assist (same as Centurion Arts :m:) is an overhead, and is a really good assist choice.

Centurion Rush :h: after a crumple causes a wall bounce.

Red Life video! Thanks to Vaxtin!

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXbeNyqAtaQ&feature=player_embedded

(More to come soon.)
(Also, feel free to PM me if you feel I missed anything.)

Second post reserved.

Third post, reserved. Doubt I’ll need more though.

We have confirmed he’s got 875 health, which is slightly below average. Also, Ping-Pong is projectile invulnerable and the L and M pulses have projectile hitboxes. You could also mention that the red life effect max’s at about 30%.

Good work!

It will be a while before the combo thread. If someone else feels like starting it before I do when the game is released, feel free. Not that you need my permission anyway!

Hoping to expand on his assists more than Max did in his video, and put that here as well. As well as his normals, and potential good teammates (besides doom). But I hope in general it gets the information off in a clean fashion.

Nice work man but there’s a couple of mistakes.

• centurion rush is not air ok
  • super nova punch (nova slam) is not chargable (none of his moves are)
  • the most hits your going to get from j.s is 3 and delaying it is not a good idea since it has very slow start up

I was curious and made a video about Nova’s Red Life bonuses. Since this seems to be appropriate, I will post it here.

[media=youtube]sXbeNyqAtaQ[/media]