Wolverine's Berserker Slash Assist Glitch

Hello, everybody. I was looking around in the Wolverine forum for any info on this glitch. I couldn’t find anything pertaining to this glitch, so I decided to start a new thread for it. Out of respect for the moderators, if there is a thread about this glitch please lock or delete this thread.

I main Doom/ Wolverine/ Akuma ever since the game was released. Just recently I’ve gotten back into playing MvC3 in preparation for Ultimate. I was training against Zero/ Ammy/ Tron and ran across this glitch. Apparently, when you call out Wolverine’s Berserker Slash Assist you can cross over with your other character when Wolverine does. I haven’t fully tested it, but it is a legitimate tactic against small characters. There seems to be some stipulations though. They have to be small to mid-small characters and they have to be crouching. Also, some characters seem to be harder then others to execute this glitch on. For example: Joe seems to be the easiest while Arthur seems to be the most difficult. Like I said I haven’t fully tested it but I know of at least 5 characters it works on. I’ll update this with more info as I test it further.

Edit: Apparently, when Wolverine is called and he dashes forward you must dash forward with him at the same time. I recommend using Doom and having your opponent crouch and do Assist + light attack, medium attack then dash cancel as soon as Wolverine dashes forward. If done right you should end up on the other side with Wolverine.

*Update: Here is a list of characters this glitch works on and characters it does not work on. Video at the bottom.

Yes:

Marvel
Captain America
Shuma-Gorath
Spider-Man
Storm
Wolverine
X-23

Capcom
Amaterasu
Arthur
C. Viper
Chun-Li
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Morrigan
Spencer
Tron
Viewtiful Joe
Zero

No:

Marvel
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
M.O.D.O.K.
Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Super Skrull
Taskmaster

Capcom
Akuma
Chris
Dante
Ryu
Trish
Wesker

** This list was compiled using Doom + Wolverine. Different characters may very.*

[media=youtube]TZVby1GwVz4[/media]

Not sure if that is a glitch…

Can you do it with other characters? Is it confirmed?

I’ll do it with Akuma when I get home tomorrow and post it up on YouTube. It is a glitch because I tried it against all of those characters that are posted yes with Doom. If you do not use the assist you cannot cross over. Like I said due to different character’s dash animations there maybe different results. I did it with Doom because he can dash cancel his moves and that makes it easier. But really all you have to do is go into training mode pick Doom against Felicia and try to crossover her while she is crouching without the assist.

You just made his Wolvie’s assists more useful. LOL. Especially if you can do it with characters that have fast wave dashes. With Doom you’d have to dash jump cancel to get the most out of it most likely.

Yeah I haven’t put a lot of time into figuring out who this most benefits. I just stuck with my characters on my team. However, it does work with Akuma also so it’s safe to say it can work with pretty much anyone.

does it make your dash have invincibility on it? seems to be traveling with wolverine, thatd be interesting.

That would be an interesting outcome if it is found out to be true. I’ll try it out and see what happens.

Edit: Updated the video to include Doom, Storm, Chun-Li, Akuma, and Trish.

Let me know if that works with Magneto on point. Would be very helpful going into Northwest Majors with.

Yes he can but like it says different characters may vary. I suggest going into training mode and finding out who you can do it on.