Winners of our 2011 Favorite Comic Book Character Poll!

These are the final results of our Favorite Comic Book Character Poll that took place in this thread -

To extend the list this time every character that received at least two votes made the cut. We wound up with a list of 35 characters.They will be listed in reverse alphabetical order within the ranges of the votes they received.

Some characters are either best known for their names out of costume or have had multiple secret identities. In those instances their real names will be listed first.

2 VOTES

Tony Chu (Chew; Image)
Thor (Marvel)
Swamp Thing (DC)
Rocket Raccoon (Marvel)
Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; IDW)
Psylocke (Marvel)
Nova (Marvel)
Megatron (IDW)
Max Damage (Incurruptible, Irredeemable; Boom!)
Magneto (Marvel)
Kenshiro (Hokuto No Ken AKA Fist of the North Star; Raijin)
Jonah Hex (DC)
Jean Grey AKA Phoenix (Marvel)
Jamie Madrox AKA Multiple Man (Marvel)
Invincible (Image)
Havok (Marvel)
Fantomex (Marvel)
Emma Frost AKA White Queen (Marvel)
Dust (Marvel)
Cyclops (Marvel)

3 VOTES

X-23 (Marvel)
Wolverine (Marvel)
Taskmaster (Marvel)
Iron Man (Marvel)
Guts (Berserk; Dark Horse)
Donatello (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; IDW)
Doctor Doom (Marvel)
Deadpool (Marvel)
Cable (Marvel)

4 VOTES, TIED FOR FOURTH PLACE

Dick Grayson AKA Batman AKA Nightwing (DC)
Bucky Barnes AKA Captain America AKA Winter Soldier (Marvel)

6 VOTES, TIED FOR THIRD PLACE

Superman (DC)
Daredevil (Marvel)

8 VOTES, SECOND PLACE

Batman, Bruce Wayne (DC)

9 VOTES AND THE WINNER

Spider-Man (Marvel)

HOORAY MY FAVORITE COMIC BOOK CHARACTER WON! :party: Now I don’t have to ban all of you! :lol:

Nah seriously that’s pretty cool since AYO?!'s favorite character Batman won last time and this entire thing was his idea in the first place, so now it’s my turn hooray! Next time Tizoc’s favorite comic book character should win since he’s the other big poll advocate. I still have no idea who that is though… :wonder: :rofl:

Mad props go out to everyone who voted besides myself who made this list possible! :tup:

Sektor, LegendaryDJ, monbaby, Pained Auron, Exodus., Fulaani, Tizoc, CLU 2, BENSKI, fistoftheryustar, CTG, the_king_of_taco s, AYO?!, TheDarkPhoenix, Endless, goodmOurning, RoGE9, AKUMA2000, RockTakane and Kusanagi Fire.

Thanks again. This was a lot of fun! :woot:

Let’s close with SRK’s two favorite comic book characters going at it with this drawing by the late great Michael Turner. Enjoy the rest of the year and Happy Holidays! :party:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loa03sNA9U1qdep0so1_500.jpg

Cool. I figured Batman for the winner early on, since he seems to have his leathery finger on the pulse of America at the moment, but I guess Pete still has it going on.

Thanks for putting this together, Sano.

So it goes as thus:
1- Spiderman
2- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
3- Tie between Daredevil and Superman

Nice, glad to see DD in the top 3 =D
Seems me and AYO were the only ones to vote for the Mighty Megatron lol, but it’s all good~
I might talk with some members on NeoGAF to make such a ‘fav. comic book character of 2011 poll’ thread

Being the utter Spider-Man geek that I am lol I tweeted Dan Slott, current writer of Amazing Spider-Man and Stephen Wacker, current editor on the Spider-Man books the results of our poll! Stephen Wacker responded and said thanks to everybody for voting! :tup:

https://twitter.com/#!/StephenWacker/status/146931697257164800

Oh hey if this is too much Spidey lovin’ for you my X-Mas bonus money just rolled in so going to try to see the Broadway Spider-Man musical Turn off the Dark this weekend or next. Chances are it will suck so bad I’ll try to jump in a time machine and change my vote to Bruce Wayne. :rofl:

Ah well here’s hoping it’s not THAT bad… :sweat:

Neat! (and you’re welcome Mr. Slott~)