The Locale
University Pinball
40th & Spruce
Philadelphia, PA

The Games
Melty Blood: Act Cadenza (ARC B2)
Arcana Heart FULL! (ARC)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (ARC)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (ARC ver.A)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (ARC)
Soul Calibur 3 (AE) [Tentative]
Guilty Gear: Accent Core (PS2)

The Price
$5 a game

The Schedule
11:00am - 3:00pm - Signups/Casuals
3:00pm - 3:30pm - Bracket Creation/Casuals
3:30pm - Third Strike | Melty Blood Begins
4:00pm - Guilty Gear | Soul Calibur 3 Begins
4:30pm - Super Turbo | Arcana Heart Begins
5:00pm - Marvel vs Capcom 2 Begins

The Rules
Double Elim.
2/3 Games for Normal Matches
3/5 Games for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals
Winner must keep same character(Able to choose different Arcana[Arcana Heart only])
If player is not available at time of match, will be sent to loser’s bracket. If already in loser’s bracket, will be eliminated. Name will be called out using intercom system.

The Equipment
Arcana Heart/Melty Blood runs on Sanwa joysticks & buttons
Third Strike/Super Turbo/MvC2/SC3 runs on American joysticks(p360s) & buttons

The Prize Distribution
70/20/10 for all games

The Hotel Information
Sheraton University City - 36th & Chestnut
$160 a night

http://tinyurl.com/2kqedz - A list of hotels, the Sheraton being the closest to the arcade.

If you are interested in attending and/or entering any of the tournaments, feel free to post with your intentions. If theres anything you’d like to ask regarding the tournament, or if theres anything you’d like to suggest/see at this P2G, don’t hold back.

There are food spots within the area, and directions to the arcade will be posted up soon. The results of this event will be taken and scored to start off this year’s ranbat scoring. I have two cameras for recording tournaments, but I will need many more if I want to get everything completed recorded.

The second P2G in most likely a series of monthly tournaments, I’m striving to make the tournament much better with every month. Last P2G, things didn’t start on time, and confusion as to who was running brackets made tourneys drag on. I am learning from my mistakes, and I hope to fix the things necessary to make this second P2G even more enjoyable.

The newer games being added to the line-up is Marvel vs. Capcom 2, SC3, and GGAC. SC3 is tentative right now because I’m not sure what the turnout would be for it. GGAC is also tentative because at the time of the first P2G, the PS2 cabinet was not available for usage. In order to make sure that these games can be run, I need to get an estimate on how many heads would show up for SC3. I would also need to make sure the PS2 cabinet will be available for usage at the time of P2G[2].

Date may be changed if random winter weather shows it’s face / any other major tournaments run the same weekend. I hope for a great turnout this time around, and don’t hesitate to tell those who might be interested about this event!

Okay, not that I’m not 100% for getting tournaments going again, but you have to stop making promises to people about arcade equipment and usage without checking with anyone at the arcade first.

You can’t just tell people to come to the arcade, and that stuff will be on free play if you don’t talk to someone here first. If I had decided not to put the games on free play, which I had every right to, alot of people would have been really mad at you.

So I have two rules for future tournaments

1. You have to let someone know when the tournament is and get it OKed before you post it up for people to start coming.

2. You have to run at least one bracket yourself.

With that said I’m all for getting this series started.

I was already making a PM to Bill about asking for equipment usage sir, I’m not doing this “leaving the arcade in the dark”

EDIT: I’m glad you read the entire first post this time

damn hal… well ill see what’s up…

God damn it Hal, change the name of the fucking tournament you dumb fuck, it’s a really awful name to have for ranbats, give some respect to UP to not be some typical anime faggotry shit.

Heaven forbid you actually try and use some creativity.

UPT (University Pinball Tournaments)
UPS (UP Smackdown)
UPB (UP Beatdown)

Whatever, anything but this fuckin lolifest shit.

I’ll change it next LU, because it certainly isn’t about lolis anymore. :confused:

super practice opera

wasn’t that one used before?

mvcjew??? accentwh0re??? i’ll enter those… oh mebbe i’ll win melty on the side and i’ll think about arcana (no throw button wtf???)… also i heard an ugly rumor that you put square joysticks on some cabinets instead of the classic perfect360s… say it ain’t so pirate…

I heard the entire arcade is going to be on free play for this tournament

i’m coming and bringing all my friends

if its not on free play, we riot

maybe a riot will happen… take it to the streets!!!

Same weekend as Nana’s party. Not making it again, sorry.

I’ll try to go again. Agree with Chibi re: the name.

Nah, change that shit right now.

Here are a few name ideas:

Philly Fest
Philly fighting game series
Philly fighting game challenge
Winter fight fest
2008 king of the ring.

Here is my suggestion for the series name.

Also perhaps earing extra points for people who place in more games. This will raise the numbers for each game thus the pots will be larger. If i win ST and get 3rd in 3rd stirke i might get say 16 points but another guy who places 2nd in ST and 2nd in 3 other games will receive more points (32) then me b/c he entered more games than me. It also spawns more interest in other games and gives more opportunities to beat up on new players to hone your skills in your particular expertise. Like me getting perfected in MVC2.
Points could be based on a 10-8-6-4-2-1 system or a larger scale. 20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2-1. you can end up having individual game champions and the over all series champ most points in all games. Feel free to run it the way you feel best( I’m sure you will do that anyhow) this is just a suggestion.

Should be able to make it to this one.

I’ll have my stick for a few weeks before this tournament so more excuses for me.

So yours just got finished too, whats on it?

Wait, fuck, this is on my dad’s birthday.

God damn it.

fuck your dad