Why's This Game Fun?

I just picked up Mortal Kombat and I really can’t put it down. I just played online for 3 hours straight (getting my ass handed to me, but still.) But I’m wondering why you guys think it’s fun. I just can’t put my finger on why I enjoy it so much more than other games.

Blood. Fatalities. Character moves and characters are cool. Storyline is good.

What he said.

It’s enjoyable and a bit more of a party game in my opinion. I bought it on release and it was a good move. I don’t play it much but my girlfriend is even willing to play it. Have a few friends over, and almost definitely they’d be interested to play some MK. It’s well known game, with a lot of “iconic” characters. Plus the combos are easy to pick up and play. More of a casual game that has depth when you look into it if you take my meaning.

Interesting characters, blood and gore coupled with the precision of any other fighter. Everyone loves seeing someone’s head getting ripped off!

I have more fun fucking around in practice mode doing cool impractical shit than actually playing against people. I bought it at launch and it still gets play time to this day, that’s saying a lot I think given the fact that I play it single player only.

it is fun because of: backgrounds, characters, combos, tough guy with a shadow clone, sound, music, blind guy with a sword, graphics, ladie’s clothes, Robot fighter that drops bombs, fatalities, babilities, sexy woman with a creepy mouth, oriental fantastic mythologic theme, tag mode, kombat codes, brutal guy with four arms, … and the list goes on and on.

I just started playing this, and it fucking kicks ass

It’s a great game! Simple and easy to get into, but has enough depth to keep people interested.

It gets a lot of flak for not being a capcom/namco game unfortunately. Glad to have you aboard.

I like it because the girls are half naked and hot. It has blood and gore. All characters are cool and unique, and it has a lot to offer,Story, online, challenge tower and the crypt. Value for money unlike Street Fighter where you only have the story mode and online. “Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man. By then, it was nothing to me but blinding!” [ Noob player attacks me but is easily over come by my Rain] “The shadows betray you because they belong to me.”

I’ve been playing the Vita version for 2 days straight now, since I downloaded it for free off of playstation plus. Story mode’s got me hooked so far. It’s not Tolstoy, but it does make you think other developers could stand to up their effort. I’m looking forward to checking out some of the other game modes after I finish the story.

Have fun with dat last boss.

*In-depth storymode *Extremely well-known with huge fanbase *Gore *Realistic mocap moves *Fatalities *X-rays *Girls in Skimpy Outfits *Easy to pick up *Huge online base *Revised story told in flashback from MK1 to MK3 *In 2D as it should be *Return of Favorite Characters *Awesome DLC characters *Tag-team modes *Suitable for both casuals and serious gamers *Great combos *Free costumes *Character Balances and counterpicks *Combo Breaker