Why WOULDN'T You Want Me!? Hawkeye Team Building Thread

thc with a long hitting hyper poisen arrow :wink:

I think the longest ones in Vanilla were Danteā€™s Jackpot and Okami Shuffle? If his golden arrow hyper is a THC option, you could sit there hitting them during the duration of someone elseā€™s hyper regaining some of the meter you spent, and then finish it with a second poison arrow.

Shuffle even ends in a hard knockdown, so thatā€™d be easy to work in a second poison shot in one long combo.

If they werenā€™t already dead I mean.

ill test it tonight. Thc with Million Dollars, and ill spray poison or electric shots while they are getting blasted.

Check my sig to see my day one team, however people are telling me to replace TM with Hawkeye. I think Hawkeye with Ghost rider might be awesome. Wont know till the game comes out though.

yeah still think deadpool/hawkeye/doom, cap/hawkeye/anchor or spiderman/hawkeye/capā€¦pretty much I feel hawkeye in the second slot is his strongest position. The point character builds his meter while having his assist to keep them safe or extend the combo then he has an assist backing him that he can dhc into.

Rocket Raccoon/Ghost Rider/Hawkeye is one team Iā€™m really going to have to try. Log Trap assist would be great for Ghost Rider and Hawkeye. Spire would also work really well for Hawkeye because of itā€™s projectile eating properties.

Iā€™m thinking of rolling with X-23/Hawk/Taskmaster
Arrows everywhere! But the idea is that I can alternate task and hawkā€™s assist with X-23ā€™s mirage feint for constant mix ups. Hawkā€™s and Taskmasterā€™s Hypers easily flow from Rage Trigger if I need the DHC option.
General game plan is just to use X-23 to build bar for Hawkā€™s Gimlet for well aimed happy birthdays and keep Task as an anchor in case there are any difficulties Laura and Clint run into.
Iā€™m open to suggestions for this team though.

Gonna be usin the team in my sig. I just really like the idea of having the opponent slow and poisoned at the same time >:] Voomerang assist with Joe, itā€™ll be the weakest of the 3, but heā€™ll be on point so it doesnā€™t matter as much. Poison assist with Hawkeye like I said, there seem to be a lot of possibilites with it. Not sure what assist to use with the Doc. I thought Eye of Aggamotto would be nice, but it comes out really damn slow (I have an early copy), especially since Iā€™m used to mashin dat Tron. I think Iā€™m gonna go with Bolts of Balthakk even though it whiffs on some characters, it seems to benefits Joeā€™s approach options the best.

To avoid the Bolts, the opponent has to duck, meaning free overhead into combo for Joe.

iā€™ll be using spencer/nova/hawk. maybe switch hawk and spencer. nova assist would most likely be the shield. Not much to say on this team until i get the game other than i used to run spencer/task but with a faster grapple cross up arrows should be even more effective

Iā€™d change the order to Nova/Hawkeye/Spencer. I feel like Spencer would function as an anchor much better than Hawkeye would. Nova is also a great point character and can serve as a battery for some Gimlets.

right now using hawkeye/trish/dorm. not sure if he should be first or second.

The two Hawkeye teams Iā€™m considering are Hawkeye (Ragtime Shot)/Trish (Hopscotch)/Ghost Rider or Dr. Doom (Heartless Spire or Hidden Missiles) and X-23 (Ankle Slice)/Hawkeye (Quick Shot: Greyhound)/?.

The first team is my Vanilla team, only with Hawkeye replacing Deadpool and Ghost Rider potentially replacing Dr. Doom (mainly because I only really use Doom for the assist and never had any real interest in learning him. I only picked up him like a month ago lol). This is a more zoning focused team, obviously. The final assist, be it Spire or Missiles, is meant to help cover approaches from the air (though Spire has the added bonus of providing a shield from the front). Trish and Hawkeye are meant to just put all sorts of junk on screen, and Kiss of Fire and Gimlet can both DHC in Round Harvest, giving Trish a safe way in.

The second team is more about X-23 than anything. Arrows help her get in for mixups and whatnot. I have not decided on a third yet. I was thinking maybe Doc Strange or Iron Man. Any suggestions?

Might I suggest Nova? His :h: Gravimetric Pulse assist puts up a low durability shield that can negate some physical and projectiles as well. The opponent has to jump in order to escape it. Also, Nova would greatly benefit from a low hitting assist to create some unblockable situations.

I hadnā€™t even thought of Grav Pulse. Iā€™ll try that out.

Isnā€™t Novaā€™s ā€œshieldā€ just a stationary, high durability projectile? As in, it doesnā€™t block attacks like MODOK, it just kills projectiles with lower durability?

Iā€™m thinking of running a xxxx/hawkeye/spencer or Hawkeye/xxxxx/spencer team. Canā€™t decide who to fill the 3rd spot; Zero on point maybe?

hawkeye+ dooms plasma beam is boss

I pretty sure it can nullify some physical attacks, but it has low durability.

normal arrow is super useful