Why isn't Blanka top tier?

his oki sucks though unless he gets a hard knockdown, which he has trouble comboing into.

You forgot Cammy

I think I was too concise. You understand my point at least.

I feel like Blanka’s good normals and decent electricity frame trap pressure is all he really has going for him, which isn’t enough in this game. I don’t think he’s bottom tier but I don’t think he’s good either. It doesn’t help he’s rarely at frame advantage after landing hits. Maybe in 2013 we’ll see some buffs, they’ve basically been nerfing him for four years straight now with a better Overhead and EX Up ball being the only significant buffs he’s gotten.

Blanka is a decent character in AE 2012… <div><br></div><div>He’s got pretty good ‘get off me’ game, his ultras are decent and will at least make people think twice before mindlessly attacking, he’s got a pretty good walk speed, follow with some good normals for footsie and finally a decent kara throw to make him even stronger in footsie… last but not least… if you’re on significant life lead… you can act more or less like a wall for your opponent… with his above average defense.</div><div><br></div><div>The problem with Blanka that makes him not top tier is…</div><div>his damage… kinda sucks when you play good footsie… in the best case scenario… you can cancel it to ball… or into electricity… but nothing more… but it’s not easy to do so… because you have limited options… of what you can use… especially if you’re playing footsie… if you don’t have any back charge… you can forget about using Ball… and if you don’t have back charge… you’re limited to electricity that might end up out of range unless you use EX… </div><div><br></div><div>His “get off me” options although are decent… however the risk/reward for them are simply horrible… if your opponent guessed correctly you pretty much just lost your game… for a huge combo… and if you guess right… you hit them with one special but you haven’t exactly created any advantages for yourself other than temporary getting them off your back… </div><div><br></div><div>his other weakness is despite having a pretty good footsie/poke game… they are all pretty much extremely vulnerable to FA… your only solution to go against focus attack while maintain a decent footsie is by using s.LP </div><div><br></div><div>Honestly… if there’s something that can be changed if there’s ever another patch or another version of a game he’s in… … </div><div>1. invincible EX electricity… if everything else remains how they were and they added invincible frames to it… that’ll pump up his tier very far up and he might be top tier… but there will pretty much be very little reason to use EX upball on wakeup</div><div><br></div><div>2. improve his forward dash… which will improve his FA… which might allow more combos, better post lvl 2 FA blocked… might improve his combo ability to do more damage… the possibilities are endless</div><div><br></div><div>3. have cl s.MK similar to rose… </div><div><br></div><div>4. have more moves special or super cancellable… imagine… being able to FADC out of slide… or s.HP… or better… c.MP or s.MP special cancellable…</div><div><br></div><div>5. make hop much better…</div><div><br></div><div>-LAU</div>

improving f.dash messes up f.throw setups a lot, which would suck.

but also might bring some new setups…<div><br></div><div>imagine after FADC lvl 1 you get 0 on block and +6 on FADC lvl 2… i think i might be ok and welcome those changes.</div><div><br></div><div>heck… I wouldn’t even mind if Blanka’s backdash gets buffed… maybe making him jump much further back… that why I can avoid getting DP after certain 50/50 setups</div><div><br></div><div>-LAU</div>

his focus backdash already goes really far(far enough to dodge seth hp dp), and I don’t think they’d make his dash that fast with how far it goes.

Honestly I really didn’t complain much about his backdash until recently I’ve been using more FA lvl 2 block stuff and sometimes when i back dash i get hit by dp from Ryu or something… I think you might be right about it not being fast enough is the problem…  <div><br></div><div>like i think if Ryu was to do DP, (block) fadc, DP you won’t be able to back dash out of that…but now i’m thinking about it… i should be using the tech throw focus back dash instead.</div><div><br></div><div>-LAU</div>

Well joking a side they could make him like CvS2 blanka, have good damage and good health over most characters