Why is Dudley considered low-tier?

I’m guessing it’s because he gets beat out of some of his specials regularly.

I love using the gentlemen no matter what.

I need to get xbl again so I can get some games in. I’m severely lacking in knowledge on a lot of matchups. All I can do is watch the tugs and practice combos. No one locally plays SF around here. They only play fucking Marvel around here on base. :mad:

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

I wanna say Dudley - Gief is evenish. If the Gief player is smart, he’ll wait and whiff punish all your normals with st. mp/lk or walk forward SPD. But if you knock him down he’s still gotta guess. If they don’t have meter I usually just go for overhead and if they backdash, I hold up/up back. If they do have meter I usually test their defense by doing an overhead anyway the first time. Once they get ultra though, it’s best just to play safe and fake a mixup/backdash/ jump back. Anti air and you should be fine.

Characters that he loses to: Honda, Bison, Chun, Cammy, Fei, Sakura, Guy (I can’t find a solid way of getting in on a decent one on the ground without getting lucky/gimmick but this one may be closer to even), Ken, Juri and Hakan (People give this character so much shit but he’s actually really good).

Everyone else I think he either beats or goes even with.

[media=youtube]ztVMib1T4T4[/media]

6-4 Gief. rough matchup.
s.MP / s.LK xx wrecks your shop
s.HK xx buffer / c.MP xx buffer gdlk in this matchup though
c.MP good whiff punisher. Unfortunately, already in SPD range when using as counter poke/whiff punish
Neither character can jump in
His vortex > your Oki
wait for tut

I’m here and just because Gief wrecks your Dud, doesn’t mean he wrecks everyone’s Dud.
I’ve played a lot of top Giefs. Dudley probably, most likely, wins footsies.
Match up is 6-4 without the tut you realize this is 2012 rite?
Gief’s s.MP and s.LK are usually done on reaction to your pokes/pattern or to condition you into not pressing a button (like in corner lmao gl with that)
s.HK xx is good in almost all match ups, c.MP is likely to beat s.MP MAX spd range
Nah, s.HP better whiff punisher. Land like 14 of them and you win.
Dudley can jump at, not in, with HP, it won’t trade with lariat. Gief can’t jump in at all unless he can afford to lose half of the screen with Duck Upper > Duck STraight > LP MGB 184 208 damage and 300+ stun at least midscreen
Gief’s Vortex vs Dudley mainly matters in the corner becauase he has multiple ways to escape midscreen (SSB , EX Duck, LP/MP Jet Upper FADC)
nou

Dudley’s range is shit

Most good hondas are west coast so it’s hard to learn exactly how bad the MU is.
Bison with a lead? lmao
Chun has too much potential, but I still think Dudley wins this.
Because Cammy does too much damn damage
Same as Bison but easier, Fei can not Rekka a good Dudley
Sakura even until you get unblockabled
I mainly lose to Guy when I get hit by a random sweep I know i blocked. ( like when you play a sagat in almost perfect connection and you eat tigershots you try to duck at the last second)
Ken even but he beats Ryu
Juri even imo just dont get cornered and U1
Hakan Dudley wins. You HAVE TO know those uncrouchable set ups and know Hakan is a high tier char when he’s oiled (lmao why does he start off oiled it’s BS) Mash SSB and FADC if he blocks. Watch out for slide. and learn your cross up j.HK set ups

cHaotix where you been?

What were you going to say in this post? It’s blank and the mystery is killing me.

smh LOL
fell for the bait lololol.

I dont remember. It was something but you wasn’t talkin to me

Honestly, I just haven’t had the need to check the forum since most of Texas uses Facebook groups to discuss FGC stuffs. I decided to drop by since I’ll be going to EVO again this year and it’d be nice to have some new matchup intel.

Because the skills of the people who control Dudley are “low-tier.”

Awww…:frowning:

Tiers only matter to a certain extent. It just depends how the player uses it. Every character has been proved quite deadly. Each character has a different play style, and the player has to find the character that fits THEIR play style. Poonkgo is not patient. He does not like spacing and being careful. He likes going full offense. Which is why he uses Seth. Seth fits his taste in play-style perfectly. V-Ryu likes to fool opponents. He likes to mess with his opponents’ mind, and he likes long-term learning. Makoto fits this exact play style. Tokido likes being rush down. He wants the opponent to fall for his traps (block strings). Akuma fits his play style.
As you can see, it really just depends on your play style, and the character that fits it. Every character has been proved deadly. I can see that Capcom had 2 options into making the game balanced.
Either 1: give everyone an even moveset. Or either 2: **give everyone at least 1 high advantage moveset. **
They went for 2. It is more unique, funner, and gives every character their own “zing.” Seth is known for his rush down and his ridiculous mixups. Ryu is known for his fireball zoning, and shoryukens. Abel his known for his forward dash kick, command grab, falling sky, c. hp in U1, etc. Each character has at least 1 unique ability that distinguishes the diversity from everyone else. This is why StreetFighter is so loved. It’s much more interesting than a bold balanced game. EVERYONE has at least some type of advantage over the other. Ryu VS Makoto. Ryu can DP Mak’s axe kick, and throw fireballs at her from a distance. Makoto can use her lighting speed dash and command grab his ass. Every character has an advantage over the other. It just depends how the player uses it.
As for Dudley; Marn obviously is combo hungry. He loves putting never-ending pressure on his opponent. He loves trapping them in block strings, and very strong BnB combos. Dudley fits this play style.
Man, even HAKAN was proved deadly by WildCat. Hakan is ALWAYS in the lowest “tier” list. He beat GiPie, a godlike El Fuerte player.
[media=youtube]goY28v4LO0k[/media]
My advice would just be FUCK tiers. There’s is a hard AND easy matchup for every character. But that’s Streetfighter for you! You gotta fuckin’ love it! Tiers can suck my DICK. Just find a character that fits your play style. It don’t even have to be 1. Just do yo thaaaaaaaang.

As much as it pains me to say it, SeieiEnbu/TWG Arthur is probably the best Honda in the US after Mike Ross. That isn’t saying much though, since most Honda’s are honestly not that great and rely a lot on their character’s strengths. But yeah, if the Honda is jumping around a bunch and isn’t playing lame doing jab xx hands blockstrings then the matchup is much easier.

Ken I think is bad because his footsie range is also his mixup range. Yeah, you can whiff punish step kick pretty easily, but you don’t really have an answer to his 4 frame cr. mk or safe ass sweep. If you try counter poking with cr. mk you can easily get whiff punished with step kick. Focus can get blown up by kara throw, cr. mk xx EX tatsu or fake step kick > Kara throw. Then he has a hit confirmable DP. Ken just seems too good on the ground and has scary-ass mixup up close.

I think Juri, like Ken, just out footsies Dudley. I haven’t played many really good Juris, so I may be wrong. But from what I can tell, it’s tough to get in on one with decent footsies.

Hakan I think is bad because Dudley doesn’t really have a punish for his focus attack when he’s oiled unless he has meter. It’s really important to be able to stop him from focusing around. He has a full screen punish for your focus, has a weird ass hitbox (I’ve had meaty overhead/short miss a couple times in tournament matches) and a decent reversal option with meter.

Idk how to deal with butt slam. But ya Honda is lame when he’s played to his fullest potential. Cant say much because it’s hard not being able to reversal U1 headbutts. I got some sick corner safe jumps / unblockables / mix ups vs Honda tho. Nobody uses him but it’ll be in tut. 6-4 match up at most imo still.

Ken and Juri I can recommend a few players that know the Dudley match up if you still use XBL. They’re midwest and Mexico too.

Hakan is about patience and momentum. I’ve played mad good Hakans and it’s a fun match up but it’s not easy for Hakan to get things going because Dudley has so many ways out of his mix ups it’s not funny. Dudley bodies Hakan on block and Oki, builds meters for days. Ya AE slide and oil is ridic but they’re both punishable on whiff. Slide mix up can be SSB’d (HK to be safe incase it’s an uncrouchable dive set up). I don’t know though. s.HK and HP punish everything on whiff or block. It’s one of the match ups I can play where I think about how the character handles Dudley more so than the actual player.

I take it you play Liquigen some? He lives like 3 minutes away from me haha.

Nah only had exactly one game with him ever since AE came out. That was early early AE when I did duck upper FADCs still

You play him often? How you like the match up

Because yall are playing the wrong game

You can OS buttslam with mk/hk duck and get a real punish, but that’s only after you’ve proven you can beat EX HB. Other than that, just focus non reversal ones or try to make it whiff by ducking under/walking back. That’s about all I have on the matchup. I just jump when he walks forward and try to chip him with duck straight and lp. mgb.

But yeah, it’d be great if you could hook me up with a good Juri player. I’d hate to lose at a big tournament due to some unfamiliarity.