Why does SA3 suck?

Hey guy am back again with this. Why does this SA suck? I mean it’s been awhile since i have played this game and am trying to get back into the mix with my favorite fighter. And the funny thing is i use this Super art for a reason i just forgot but still why does it suck?

1. This Giant Flash before it starts make it hard to be useful in real fight.
  2. Only 1 meter, so EXs are poor for this SA.
  3. You would propably do SA3 when you are expecting your opponent to attack, but SA2 would connect either, cus has great priority (and i don’t really know what can beat sa2’s priority).
  4. Maybe whole sa3 has good damage, but when opponent attacks from air (or UOH) not all hits connects and then the damage is poor.

Yeah, it’s way too telegraphed of a super. Just rush him when he doesn’t have bar and then when he has a full bar just start throwing him and use mix ups in your poke strings to bait it. He can’t super counter throws and from there it’s real easy to bait him into throwing it at the wrong time. Which means you waste a whole super bar and aren’t left with too many options to deal with wake up pressure after being thrown.

The super is virtually useless against grappler characters like Hugo, and Alex since their whole game is about trying to put you in a defensive position and Blue Nocturne is a defensive super. Which means you’re pretty much done and if you attempt the super…you’re guaranteed to be out for the count at that point. Hugo and Alex are just looking to powerbomb/super powerbomb your ass and Blue Nocturne gives you zero options to escape. Even against regular characters that super just dies to someone with a decent mix up game.

It would be a better superl if there was only a minor flash when activating it, and the superflash would happen immediately after the parry.

Even then…the lack of use as an anti air and the fact that you only have one bar to use makes your options limited. Counter supers in all fighting games are looked down upon because of their lack of ability to fake someone into getting hit by them at high level play. There’s no way to guarantee the super will connect. That and the fact that if you miss you put yourself in an automatic throw situation and then the opponent can just run all over you on wake up. If 3rd Strike allowed you to use more than one super then maybe Remy’s SA3 would have a viable use. Since SA3 is a counter super and the only super he’ll be able to use during the fight the opponent is always aware that he will use that super and doesn’t have a back up super to worry about getting hit by. Counter supers are pretty much more worthless than they already are when you don’t have other…more reliable supers to fall on.

Just throwing Remy on wake up is all you really have to worry about. As long as you don’t throw an attack he can’t hit you with the super and he can’t gain an advantage on you. Remy is known by most as a “weak version of Guile” because of the so so damage he dishes in his combos. With that said…relying on a super that only works when the opponent tries to attack you won’t ensure you’ll be doing damage any faster. Remy’s all about zoning and pressure and a counter super just makes things too obvious when a lot of your game is already based on keeping yourself at a certain range from the opponent.

If your opponent is using a character that hasa super fireball special they can just randomly throw it during a poke string and if he tries to go for SA3…he’s done. Ibuki would just give him hell with poke strings to TK’d SA1’s. Essentially Remy’s just sitting there with a super he can’t use unless you throw a physical attack at him. Which means he won’t have too many other options other than to look to tech throws and if he’s fighting against a grappler or character with an attack throw…GGPO if you’re in the corner.

Basically the only way of hoping to win with such a super is just sticking to your EX’es and being a defensive fool. Like J.Wong defensive. You won’t win matches playing offensively with that super. You’d have to tech every throw and be extremely good at reading people’s offensive games.

What about red parry into super? That could work.

Well i have seen a red parry into the Sa3 but then again they say the that art does nothing but look cool

Yes, and also as I said before after red parry you can always do SA2 and have the same effect.

i don’t trust saII

if you do cr. mp xx SAI then it’s almost the same damage…

i belive saii has 7 points more damage than SAI…

big whoopee… safety first!

SA2 has more EX’s… which is quite beneficial when trying to play keepaway from characters like Makoto. Besides, it comes out faster than SA1 (1 frame instead of 2 or 3, I think), so it can link off of a UOH… though the spacing is tough (I don’t know it yet).

yeah I’m kinda the same way too. But SA2 is still good. But the big reason why SA3 sucks, is you CAN PARRY!!! The super maybe good against a waking up aggressive opponent, but still not that good. This super requires, good guessing, timing, postioning and courage. When I would honestly rather do a full screen sa 1 then even try to use SA3

saII is useless as an anti-air whearas saI rocks as anti air.

SaI can be comboed of flying HP too

Actually no, big damage loss and waste of bar. Just stick to standing HK, RRF, standing MP or crouching HP

So basically…Remy’s SA III is the worst SA in the game?

nah…

saiii is a threat…

it can counter both high and low attacks

I can’t do supers on command though

Well which characters should it be best used with then? Makoto & Dudley?

Your right alot of good guessing, timing and a dumb ass opponent:pray: :nunchuck:

i would say both for me. you got to say that they are both fast characters and if you dont know what you are doing then your done. so i would say its good for both

No it’s not, lol.
SlimX and others have done videos showing just how many special/super moves go right through SAIII.
90% of the time you only get like 1 or 2 hits off.
The other times, you get one hit, then the other hits from the person’s move goes through and kicks your ass.

Nice counter Remy.

SA2 knocks down when connects so you have advantage on wake up afterwards. SA1 just resets the opponent away from you unless you do it after a throw in the corner.

So…SA2 = da betta. Well ok…SA1 is good too. Depends on the character. SA1 is real good against slower characters that can’t deal with it like Q and Hugo. Dudley has a hard time trying to jump over it as well. Charges up a bit faster than SA2 as well. SA2’s ability to knockdown after it connects does give it a bit of an advantage. To have your opponent knocked down after a super can be very useful during a close match. Remy doesn’t have a lot of options for dealing big damage so every knockdown helps. Not to say he doesn’t have a lot of strong offensive options. They’re just not comparable damage wise to some of the higher tiers in the game.