Why cr. lp -> FK instead of cr. mp?

Last night at Winter Brawl 9 I noticed that anytime Dieminion hit confirmed with cr. lp, he would link a third cr. lp and then cancel or link into FK.

Why do this instead of the easier cr. MP cancel into FK which takes off more damage?

I saw him do this enough times to wonder if there’s something I’m missing about why he’s not using cr. MP. Here’s an example in the first 5 seconds of this fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ70vZQtxsA

It’s a dropped plink. I did the same exact thing myself in my matches on Spooky’s set up. As a matter of fact, Spooky’s set up feels entirely different than the offline stations. It has a more stiff and rigid feeling.

Most likely dropped Plink but actually in the first 5 seconds he could have done it to make sure he has charge for the FK as you can do the FK slightly later with a lp linked FK rather than a canceled mp. Also could have just needed extra confirm time as the Ken did approach very suddenly.

Both of those make sense, thanks.

Nemesys I liked your aggressive play against Chris Tatarian, the dash under punishes were great.

Thanks but I was reckless and stupid. I should have won clean against him. I knew everything that he was going to do before he did it. I was just reacting too late and tournament jitters got the best of me.

Hi guys,

I think the reason to do lk, lp, lp, FK is because it’s easier to have the charge for the FK

what I mean is if you straight walk up and do lk, lp, mp, FK you have to delay the FK for it to work, cause if you want to cancel the mp with the FK you won’t have the charge time ready, whereas if you link it you have the charge…

Also my bro explained to me that you should always start your B’nB with the lk, cause lk forces the opponent to guard down, and people using a xbox controller never guard down :slight_smile: