Why are the lights out - Cole Mcgrath Thread

I am so damn jealous of Good Cole right now.

Can we get some combos going? How are you AP bursting with Cole?

I noticed on first page is it said Cole’s frost shield reflects projectiles, when in actuality it negates them and gives Cole AP for the trouble. It also does not mention that after 5 hits of neutral triangles the ensuing animation grants Cole 60 AP (including those from the triangles).

And we all know that holding towards wall and X near a wall with Cole makes him grab onto it, then he can fire triangle bolts from there controlled as usual with up/down? Not great but can be a sneaky way to dodge enemy fire or sneakily land enough bolts to build meter (and the stun can kill opponents if someone else is there with a super, good for 2v2 or stock FFA.

And people thrown with level 1 can collide with others and kill them both? Hence the use of holding it down to aim.

I didn’t know about the additional ap u gain from the bolts…That’s good to know…I will add it to the top post and edit the wrong info I posted

EDIT: Never mind.

Hi guys I just wanna confirm the crumple state is possible and not random
for some reason I could chain 3 crumple max and it will give instant lv 1 and I’ll try to upload video how to do it
for some reason plinking triangle for me made it easier
so it will be square, square, plink triangle to square

[media=youtube]gkaHGfr2HEk[/media]

here’s my video showing how I did it
somewhat timing is super strict
no commentary folks, btw this is insta lv 1 meter

Messing around with Cole and I came up with a 145 AP combo. I believe this to be the most optimal amount of AP Cole can build since he only has 1 move that does 30 AP and there’s no way in hell you’re going to combo into it reliably.

d+1 (air version works too), f+3, f+1~2, delay j.f+1 xx j.d+3, j.f+1 xx j.f+3, j.1~1

No double jumps, all rejump extensions.

off of d+3 (I believe j. d+3 works as well as long as it’s low enough), you can do j.f+1, j.f+3 land into super

OR

(this requires a little delay between each move after j.f+1)

do the above combo and then instead of the super hit j.f+1, j.d+3, land and then j.f+1, j.f+3 into super. builds 75 AP before trapping them in the super. the timing is definitely tight, but it’s very awesome.

I have a bunch more combos/tech to show off (a lot incorporating u+3 to prevent combos from being cut in 2v2), but I’ll be recording them as soon as I get my video capture card.

keep up the good stuff guys :3

I will post it after I come from work later on in the day :smiley:

Hmm, Cole is pretty interesting. He has some crazy ass movement and builds decent AP plus has a variety of ways to combo into super. I wish he had a better jump in confirm into lvl1 outside of j.f1,j.f3 -> Super (or the lucky h,h crumple into super)

I will say right now FFA is hard for him. Sure he can build decent meter by pestering but I don’t think thats the issue. The issue is that his main big combo starter is slow (d3, or j.d3) and his super is easy to interrupt before he has throw the opponent. That more than anything hinders him.

I am still working on stuff and I actually found that hitconfirm to super lebee link was talking about last night, before I read this thread, I was excited but other people saw it.

Random Other Note: Sometimes if you think people are going to drop end your combo with j.f2, the explosion can save your bacon and net you an improptu combo.

Cole is horrible his level 1 is so crappy compared to others…other people can hit confirm into level 1’s but this guy can’t. really no point in using him vs evil cole

lolwut

Lol whats there to wut about? just saying he might be the worst character of the cast, unless they fix that stupid glitch where people can get out of his level one.

I main Evil Cole and even I lolwut.

There are far, far worse than Cole. His Lv2 is great for screen clears and outside the uneven surfaces I think Cole has a very strong lv1 too. He can combo into it quite easily either from n.111 (random but does not get easier than that) or his freeze projectile.

Lol i dont understand, elaborate. People can slip out of his level 1 for some reason, meanwhile evil cole can just charge punch and level 1 you no problem.

Yeah but that 111 is 20% chance of landing, meanwhile other characters have stun moves that aren’t random occurances that hit confirm easily. And Im with you on that one that his level 1 isn’t the worst, but its definitely up there.

Oh totally, but for Cole’s lvl1, ice shot works too, and his meter build can be ridiculous.

Of course Good Cole doesn’t have gigapunch-level confirms, I don’t really think anyone but Raiden has level1 confirms even close. Certainly doesn’t mean his is terrible, though, it catches rolls, can confirm off ice, and he builds good meter, so those semi-rare lvl1 confirms are all he needs while building up higher lvl supers.

He’s not the worst character by a long shot, there are others. But that area of discussion is not for this thread, so I’ll tier-rant later.

Theres sweet tooth he can confirm to level 1, Dante can,(prob more I’m not mentioning) everyone else doesn’t really need a hit confirm because of A) how fast there supers are, B) how wide spread it can be and C) how more difficult it is to interrupted and be avoided. Also for the ice to confirm you have to be literally in front of them, and if you do land it they somehow magically roll out during the animation of them about to be bulleted away. And him catching rolls i tried to experiment with this, and they can still roll out of it if they just keep spamming rolls.

Actually the majority of the class can hitconfirm into their level ones and twos. Do you mean they can roll even after being picked up/are prone in the air or right before that happens after the super is activated?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2