Who will be our champion now?

Welp, it looks like and sounds like GamerBee has retired or at least semi-retired from pro-gaming. Aside from a Taiwan equivalent of WNF, he hasn’t streamed at all. Plus the fact that he said (I can’t remember when/where, perhaps it was on that stream I just mentioned) that he will not be as active, perhaps taking a more ‘Sako’ approach and playing tourneys here and there - time to be a family man it seems. And who can blame him, he has given us a lot and his girlfriend I’m sure has been ever-patient, lol.

Anyway, if this is the end of the GamerBee we know (I hope not), but say it is, who can we look to now for high-level Adon play and representation? I can’t really think of too many candidates. They are few and far between and those that are good, don’t really make it out to tournaments :(.

From the US, there’s Salpacino who’s been to a few small tourneys and Blockbuster Jon, but no Super Arcade for like 6 weeks now! From Japan (who is active) there’s Roookin who I think is very talented, but I’m not aware he’s made it out to any tournaments. There’s also Tarezou who did made a big splash at the Isshuu Sengeki Cup. From Europe there’s Arydoon, but he’s not made it out to any tournaments I know of who a long while. And then there’s Yoro, GamerBee’s apprentice who is also very handy with the God of Muay Thai, but again the last/only tournament I know he went to was Shadowloo Showdown 5 (a whole year ago!) and the Taiwan Capcom Cup qualifier.

So, can you guys point to anyone?

yeah… as I recall, Gamerbee said this after he didn’t qualify for Capcom Cup. He was very disappointed and I don’t know if/when we’ll see him again.

as for who next… Erawan maybe??? :smiley:

I don’t believe we have seen the last of Gamerbee. He did say, he was considering retirement after the Capcom qualifier. But nothing official as I recall.

I myself would look towards players like Arydoon, Tarezou and Yoro. I don’t consider Salpacino/Blockbuster Jon to be the adon players you would learn from, but that’s just my opinion.

I wish!