Who Should I start with? Storm-y, or Hulk-b [Storm-y, Hulk-b, Jin-b]

Who should I start with in this team, Hulk-b, or Storm-y in Hulk-b/Storm-b/Jin-b

Also, is this team possibly tournament worthy based on modern team strategy today?

With Hulk, I can clear a characters entire bar in 1 combo 3 different ways.

With Storm-y, I need 2 bars. Storm is however, a better character, and if they leave themselves opened, I can tag out for Hulk.

Jin, I won’t be starting. However, if I launch them or dmk, that combos with a killing triple hyper / deathbutton. This means that if I have meter, I don’t have to worry as much about his death if snapped in, as the risk will be equal. If I have 2 meters, that’s also a free bailout DHC.

I like this team, but have yet to use it on a player. That said, I think that it’s good enough.

Hulk-Jin will ensure that unless they use Doom-b, they can’t use assists at all. When they learn this, they die from a Hulk-Storm-y gamma crush combo.

All we see are Storm, Mags, Sentinel, and Cable, and of these, you most likely have at least one answer for all of them in this team.

Mags = Hulk, or Storm [Hulk it’s option select airthrow, Storm it’s Storm doublecrush

Storm = Storm vs Storm doublecrush

Cable = Either one. Hulk doublecrush, or Storm DHC doublecrush

Sentinel = Storm-Jin, or Storm-Hulk doublecrushes DHC out

VS Snapped in Jin = launch to triple, typhoon their assist into unblockable bloodia punch, DHC out [vulcan to hail switch, vulcan to gamma wave / quake switch…], hp combos with Hulk’s tag in setting up double crush.

This team is deceptively good IMO. A bit defensive, but has alot of damage and DHC options.

Storm first? since she doesn’t need meter as much to be extra dangerous like Hulk does…

Hailstorm to gamma crush (double crush?)

Btw Deathfist do you know if gamma crush auto tracks an opponent who is sj really high at the top of the screen? Like Storm getting meter or Cyc sj. rhing.

I"d go with Hulk/storm/jin… or storm/hulk/jin. That team could definately cause some trouble just beasting assists with DHC’s and the like… g.crush standing sent assist… DHC to hail… gonna leave sent holding his nuts in his hand (maybe his bolts also.)

I hate dealing with sent tho… using hulk… unless I have certain assists with me (in which case I kinda like hulk vs sent) but you’ve got storm so there are other ways to deal with him.

OH and invest in a ps3 deathfist…lol Capt. Communist is the only other good hulk player I can find online!!

hulkcrush >>

G.crush ALWAYS auto-tracks from what I know… but in some of those cases it aims itself at them and they quickly move backward… you can always counter this by aiming it fwd (to the point where they’ll land.) Aiming gamma crush is huge for hulk… gotta do it.

^^^^
Mad Titan:
If anyone is hit by the Jin-b anti air assist and Hulk’s on point that’s a free gamma quake. Sounds interesting vs Sentinel, doesn’t it, Mad Titan? If Jin is third, that can even mean a quake to Hail.

hulkcrush:
I think the gamma crush does have some kind of auto-tracking, but it’s so horrible that it usually works against you.

BTW, it’s a really stupid idea for Storm to be sitting somewhere where she can’t see you. That’s an invitation for a charge XX quake, and there is usually a maximum of 50% chance of successfully blocking it. If you’re hit, you’re eating a Hailstorm. Also, you can quakeXXHail any sj hp if she’s just doing it for meter and in comes Storm, strap-on in hand.

The crush does auto-track… but it normally screws you.

It’s b/c it will track to a point and aim itself… but if the opp got hit by something that threw them across the screen it can whiff (being late to the spot) also sometimes you crush just to get an assist… guess what… if you don’t aim it it’s going to go after their point… not assist.

ALWAYS aim it. Even if it means going through your combos 1 by 1 in training and making sure you know just where to aim it. surprisingly this makes some things combo that wouldn’t otherwise.

One example is doing s.hp xx crush (yes this works if you are knocking them back into some assist (for me normally thanos bubble))… doing this will cause hulk to autotrack and come down in the middle of the screen but your opp will have flown to the far side and you’ll whiff… doing the same thing but aiming it fwd… will land hulk crushing their face.

This all fails to underscore the biggest benefit you get from doing this… which comes into play during MASHABLE crushes. Anyone who has done a decent amount of gamma crushing has probably found that sometimes it hits even though their opp mashed out. The opp failed to finish mashing and block in time. Take MAJOR advantage of this by aiming the crush to a position where it’s going to cross up (always do this.) this way they will need to mash out in time… stop mashing in time… and block the proper side. Overall it’s not going to be possible to consistently get out… ALWAYS aim for the cross up. I’ve managed to double crush standing characters who thought they were blocking clean as can be…

1]With Hulk, I can clear a characters entire [health] bar in 1 combo 3 different ways.

-Airthrow, OTG hk+Storm-y, gamma charge XX Gamma Crush, DHC Storm. The DHC Hail is dependent on if I time Storm properly, but this will almost always kill outright even without the DHC.
-Flying hk or lk,mk, then land, Call Storm-y [will recheck the timing later…],d+[lk, mk,] gamma charge XX crush.
-Dhp [1st hit, cornered victim], [Vertical hard gamma charge, uf light redirect,land]xN. This is a killing infinite btw…

2]With Storm-y, I need 2 bars. Storm is however, a better character, and if they leave themselves opened, I can tag out for Hulk.

-Basically, its launch with Storm, lp, pause, lp,lk,mp,mk,UFlightning attack X2, Lightning Storm, DHC gamma crush, someone dies from full health.

3]Jin, I won’t be starting. However, if I launch them or dmk, that combos with a killing triple hyper / deathbutton. This means that if I have meter, I don’t have to worry as much about his death if snapped in, as the risk will be equal. If I have 2 meters, that’s also a free bailout DHC.
-Jin’s hp also combos at any range with a tag out to Hulk, so you can do a combo that ends in standing hp, tag in Hulk, call Storm-y, gamma charge XX crush, and the opponent is almost certain to lose that character.

Death Button is the nickname people gave to hitting assist 1 and assist 2 at the same time. Especially when it does over 90% damage like in this team configuration. If Jin launches you and does this at the right time, you almost always die outright, from full. You’re eating a Bloodia Punch, A Hailstorm, and a Gamma crush all at the same time. That’s gotta hurt. This combos off Jin’s ducking mp, and his ducking lk. Dlk isn’t safe though, so it’s ducking mp. Standing mp into triple is the best, and almost always results in death.

4]damn Team scrub giving me trouble utterly lost on what to do when Jin is on point vs. Cable or Sentinel since at least Hulk has jin’s -b to help destroy sent drones or captain commando and hulk can punish lame Cable’s who do gvb and hvb with gamma charge. Is it me or all Team Scrub players mostly turtle the hell out of every match, jumping around do fp with Cable or sj and grenade or hk and just ahvb any mistake.

The key to winning this match with Jin on point lies in accepting the fact that it isn’t in your favor. Instead of panicking, just wave-dash in and block, or dash-jump, or whatever it takes to get close. If you have the attitude that you’re just going to keep wave-dashing in, and blocking, or wave dash with buffered jumps to get in, you usually do. If your thinking is that “I’d rather get guard damaged to death than shot to death, and be tenacious, Cable can’t keep you out in team scrub.

Eventually, he’ll call an assist at a bad time, you’ll typhoon the assist onto him usually before he notices and shoots you [or in a situation he can’t…], and Bloodia Punch it. The last hit cannot be blocked if you catch the assist first with the Bloodia Punch. If he jumps back and tries to viper beam, that’s a good time to do it as he can’t AHVB anymore. Typhoon or wavedash in after any non TK grenades, and non TK jumping Viper beams. Try to guard push him into the corner, and hyper typhoon him if he tries to escape the corner. You have 2 safe DHCs to play with if he blocks. If the typhoon hits, you can dynamite him into a Bloodia Punch if he doesn’t roll. You just have to keep track of everything he can do at any given time, and do whatever it takes to stay close, and you’ll have a shot at winning.

Just start storm… if u are using her I can’t see a situation where u wouldn’t start her outside of msp. Obviously she is gonna build meter and be really safe for the most part.

If she lands her normal shtick of aircombo into lighting attack xx lighting storm… u just DHC to hulk (early) for unmashable crush.

I think I’ll start Storm, and start sjing and whiffing attacks. When I get to 2 or 2.3 bars, I’d try to bait a clean tag into Hulk. At this point, mid-combo, I’d complete a full bar by the time I’ve got to the gamma charge in the third combo I’d land with Hulk that happens. This means that if I get to 2 or just over 2 bars and Hulk’s on point, I can double crush [and it will almost always death touch] in every single Hulk combo I’ll need to land. This is why I might not start Storm, and start Hulk instead. Storm is killing with 2 bars while Hulk is killing with one. The match-ups that Storm wins vs what Hulk wins are slightly greater.

Which character is more detrimental to lose, Storm or Hulk?
-If Storm dies, Hulk can still do unmashable crushes for near equal damage to them, but they need to be in the corner. They still can’t call any assists outside of Doom [no keepout]. Hulk loses the double crushes mid-screen.
-If Hulk dies, Storm CANNOT kill in one combo. They still can’t call assists outside of Doom [who you might hailstorm anyways…]. Storm has slightly better match-ups overall though.

IMPORTANT: Don’t knee-jerk react and just say Storm, because Storm is overall a better character. I think it’s a toss-up, but I want your opinion.

I get all the merits of hulk… he starts on my hulk/im/doom team… and several low tier ones. Honestly I put him in all slots on different teams. I don’t really play storm at all. I just think that she can build bars so fast and so safely in most matchups… that the fact that hulk can kill cheaper wont always make a difference. If I played storm with hulk I’d find that ideal height to get unmashable crush DHC’d from lighting storm and bnb that probably. The lighting storm slow fall effect means u just gotta wait and time it after they fall a bit but not tooooo low.

Funny thing is either way u start them they have one hell of a 2 button super combo… and good DHC’s… but honestly… who wouldn’t storm work well with?..lol

If they have doom rocks… I’ll normally use hulk/im/doom. Mostly keep out… land anything safe… chip… build a bar during. When I see doom come out its gamma crush xx proton cannon. The damage to assists is stupid if u do something like that. I’m sure u could gamma crush DHC to hailstorm and it’d be almost as nasty.

i would like to play hulk but havent seen enough good hulk players to get motivated to play him. you on xbl?

PSN here… sorry. If u got psn hit me up… I love to show people what hulk can do.

PSN: astalas

ahhh im an xbox kinda guy haha. if you got some youtube videos let me know how to find them and i’ll def. check it out.

There are a few but they are from several years ago… decent… but not really at current hulk level. The hulk video thread has a few.

I didn’t want to necropost, but I decided to do it anyways.

Doom-b may be the worst assist you’d have to face with this team, but this team’s assist punishing is off the charts.

Dealing with Doom-b [and other annoying assists, but specifically Doom-b]

==With Either:
-Launch with ducking hp when safe.
==With Storm:
-Try to dash into the perfect range for him to call Doom, wait a nano-second so that he sees it, and then sj or dash back.
–If you choose to sj, try to come down on Doom with a hk, rectangle jump past him, and try to start your offense, or waste more time building meter.
-After blocking it, ducking hp it repeatedly till they do something about it. When they do, tap UB, then hold DB to block, or tap up, hard punch it down on them, air dash down on the assist with light, medium, and now they’re at risk of getting double-snapped [and losing Doom, She’s now likely within 1/2 screen of the side of the screen, and when double-snapping the side of the screen is treated as the corner. At that distance, she can get to the assist with dlk, standing hkxN.].
-Build 2-4 additional bars with runaway to get to 3-5 bars [4 or more is recommended]. When ready, start Typhoon-Hailing.
–If forced to block with Storm, alpha counter in Hulk to gamma charge Doom, and either cancel to a quake [followed by jump forwards lk,mk, land XX Gamma crush XX Hail], a wave [to push Doom onto the point character], or a Crush XX Hail.
==With Hulk:
-Launch the assist [DF HK, or dhp] if you can trade in Hulk’s favor [hyper armor] and air combo it to deplete it if it hasn’t taken damage yet.
-Gamma Charge, wait, Gamma Quake, jump uf lk,mk, land Gamma Crush, XX Hail the assist.
-Activate a point-blank Triple [A1+A2] if it will trade safely to kill the assist. Hulk can be punished, but if Doom’s taken over 80% damage he’s dead big time [This Triple does 143 damage to ordinary stamina standing characters point-blank when done at random more than 80% of the time as a true combo BTW].
-Flying hard kick aborts Doom-b if the rocks aren’t high enough on his body. I think it’s the same for air lk.

For all other assists, seriously. Just bait them out with the point-man in blast radius, call Jin-b just before blocking it, and either sj away, dashjump in [ with Hulk], or dash / wavedash /air dash in [with Storm]. If they attack, they’re sent flying, if they don’t you just covered your assist through base movement.