Who pairs well with Jin?

I’m trying to main Jin, but I am having trouble on deciding who I should have as his partner. You guys have any suggestions? If so please explain why as well.

For the time being I usually pair him with Ogre or Sagat.

Depends on your playstyle tbh. I play a defensive/footsies oriented team. so I play Ryu x Jin. Jin is slow & has pretty poor range, Asuka or Xiaoyu supplement his short comings.

Someone who can get you out of the corner quick, like Vega or Akuma or Raven etc. Alternatively, partner Jin with a grappler character like Zangief so that your opponent will not dare to get close to you.

Jin can get backed into a corner very easily, due to the lack of good pokes and also because your opponent needs to be at least 3/4 screen away to make Jin’s fireballs safe. When you’re backed into a corner, Jin has no escape option UNLESS your opponent decides to jump (during which you can Special Step to get out). Getting trapped in a corner is a big problem against characters with good pokes and a good anti-air - so you can’t jump in on them with Jin’s godlike cross-up HP, you can’t out-poke them, what can you do?

Tag out for Vega/Zangief, that’s what you can do.

So far I’ve been using Kazuya as main and Jin as secondary. Kazuya is my offensive and Jin my defensive. I love his Mental Alertness moves especially his anti-air.

I’m running Jin/Nina, seems ok I guess. I haven’t found I can do much if anything if I put Jin 2nd and tag cancel into him, pretty much c.mp, s.mk xx SS right roundhouse punch (MP) which seems a bit average (I think it’s the one from the guide). But tagging Nina in off of SS uppercut (lp) seems to add about 90-100 damage or so with my pretty average Nina tech, which is better than I’ve been able to do with 1 bar with Jin solo, except for EX power stance > swaying willow cancels, which I’m definitely not able to do in a match yet.

For anyone running Jin 2nd, when you bring him in off of a cross rush or a tag cancel, is there a lot better combo to be doing than I am for either 0 or 1 bar?

I decided to pair him with Juri, her being point and Jin being battery. Does anyone else think it would work better the other way around or whaa?

With my playstyl I’d go in the opposite direction. Jin on point to zone and set up Juri for damaging launcher punishes.

I play Jin/Kaz and I always put Jin on point even though Kaz probably does better on point. The reason for this is like Fate was saying, you can’t really do much coming in off a tag with Jin. However, I would like to point out that by using Kaz’ Rising Sun HK you can force a restand into a full combo with Jin. I’m still experimenting but I prefer tagging into Kaz because I can get fat damage off almost anything.

I’m doing this as well, seems like a good team to me.

Anyone notice when opponent is in the corner and you tag juri in with Jin from a launcher, juri just runs straight into the corner past the player? Not had that with anyone else apart from jins launcher

Jin is slow? His walkspeed is pretty damn good actually, when you compare it to a LOT of characters. Sure, he’s no Akuma walkspeed, but it’s pretty good.

Anyways, I play Jin/Raven. They are a great zoning/keep away combo sure to piss off anyone. Raven does tons of damage in tag-ins or just by himself, overall a great character, but I feel they synergize well. Raven covers the air-zoning that Jin struggles against sometime (characters like Vega, Rufus and other mobile aerial characters).

Right now I’m running Jin/Kaz, and I’m enjoying it so far. I thought they would be too similar to each other, however I was wrong. They play pretty differently, and they’re both fun. Seems to be working pretty well so far too.

I’m Jin/Ryu and sucking big time.

Jim and Hworang are a good team

I’m running Rufus/Jin a.k.a Team Floe at the moment :slight_smile:

I second team floe… rufus is too good in this game.

Otherwise i’m testing out several different characters. Right now its:

Jin/Hugo
Jin/Heihachi
Jin/Kaz
Jin/Steve

I’ve had the most success with Jin/Hugo. But shit, Hugo does do 517 damage meterless, and doing the team super shit from Jin to Hugo does like 500 i think so… maybe i’m cheap. Sue me lol.

Would you mind explaining why? I really want to try running Jin with my Hwoarang, but im a bit scared that the time I will have to put into making them work, will go to waste

Jin and Hwoarang are good if you play a rush down heavy style and you want to keep your opponent guessing and afraid to mix it up .Larger characters struggle with the speed of Jin and the fact once he gets momentum it’s like your getting hit with a freight truck .Hwoarang and Jin both have a lot of overhead and hard to block moves once you
It your opponent on the defense tey are gonna try to block everything that s when I utilize a lot of dive kicks and ex heel kicks .Plus they both have a dash that goes under projectiles and gets them up close within half a second

IMO Jin isn’t very good for a point character. It’s probably a better idea to put him as your partner character, and switch to him when you’ve finally closed in on your opponent, for some nasty frame traps into heavy damage.

I’ve been running Jin/Vega pretty much since the game came out. The idea was to use Jin - who appears to have tools for every situation - to run circles around my opponent and gather intel on my opponent, and then capitalise on his habits with Vega.

But I’ve had a lot of trouble getting in on good Ryu/Guile/Rufus/etc players with Jin, and I was close to dropping Jin for some other character. Eventually I decided to switch the order around, and so far that’s working out pretty well. I’m confident enough with Vega to handle just about anything my opponent throws at me. And I tag Jin out once I’m within range for ambiguous jump-in HK, st.LP/cr.MP/st.MK xx SS frame traps.

Amazing:
-Ambiguous cross-up with jump HK
-Mental Alertness (as a reversal) into Swaying Willow
-Power Stance
-Frame traps
-Good combo damage, especially with one block of meter.
(Basically, any time when Jin is within st.MK range, or when he’s close enough for him to attempt an ambiguous jump-in HK)

Not so hot:
-Fireball game
-Pokes and zoning game
-Anti-airs (not as big a deal as the first two)
-High-low mix-ups (almost non-existent, really)
(Any time when Jin is outside of his st.MK range)

I dunno, Jin’s Fireball game is good because it’s Spacial instead of Forward Moving. I like it personally, it keeps a lot of folks out.