Who do you use?

The tutorial mode flat-out says “If you are new to Blazblue, you should start with Ragna”. Noel might be an easy character to pick up, but she’s harder to get good with than Ragna.

Makoto and Hakumen. Makoto for the fun, and Hakumen in case I ever play on a cab.

Maybe because he is the main character and he also is good for beginner indeed.
But the maker of the game himself is still the best source imo. He states that the game system is created around her and Noel is made to learn to push buttons. I must agree with him when he says that she’s an easy character to learn.
Did you even READ the link?!:confused:

Noel, Jin and Ragna are all fairly close to each other as far as easiness goes. In my opinion.

Also in my opinion, Tager ranks up there. He’s no Arakune/Carl. He’s no Hazama/Litchi etc. etc. He’s fairly simple to use. Keep spinning your joystick around and around… easiest combo in the world that does like 1800 damage? As long as you learn how to turtle and how to 360 and 720 you can win with him against scrubs.

But he’s not spamable like Ragna, Noel and Jin… So not as easy to use as those three lol…

Oh yea, Lamba is easy if she’s anything like Mu. Damage wise I know she sucks, but as far as easy to use? Yea. Lamba up there too.

I use Tsubaki. Honestly, I really love using her. I know many claim she’s trash, and when looking at her overall ability, it isn’t, um, good; but I feel like with more practice, I could use her much better than I can now. Another one I use is Rachael, tho I’m not as good with her as I am with Tsubaki. Rachael’s pretty hard for me to control.

I use Litchi. I decided to main her before I even purchased CT. I lucked out a bit with CS’s new mechanics effecting Litchi. I know a good bit of Tsubaki as well, but I wouldn’t dare use her in a tournament. I really hope the balance patch treats her nicely though, as she’s one of my favorite characters story-wise.

i play hazama cause who doesnt want long things protruding out of their waist. all jokes aside i love the mix up of ouroboros and i like the damage out put. hes a glass cannon like akuma for me and i like that.

Yeah, I did. I didn’t even deny that she’s fairly easy, only said that Ragna is easier to get to a top level with. Both are easy at a beginner level, I know that.

@Pho - Lambda is much harder than Nu. The biggest problem with Nu-13 in CT was that she was braindead easy to use because none of the stuff that made her overpowered was technical. In CS she’s solid mid-tier…and that means you’re not getting so lucky.

I wasn’t really referring to tier really. But I did hear it’s not longer DDDDDDDD>4D>2DDDDDD // 2Cj.CCCCCC anymore. Which requires a bit more skill to learn. lol

You’re so full of it.

I just use tier because V-13 was god tier for a crapton of reasons. Lambda doesn’t have the advantage of all her moves being amazing (5DD jc on block/hit…goodbye ;~;), but a lot of her basic combos are similar, at least in the air: 5dd 6dd 2dd jdd dj2dd j214d is still a staple, though Lambda’s combo extensions are a lot more technical and not just “I rapid and get a new free combo” - they mostly center around tk j214d -> 5dd, which is pretty tricky as it’s spacing/timing specific.

That’s what I thought, thanks!

Being an easy character for a new player to mash buttons and beat scrubs with is different from being an easy character to learn to play at a high level. That’s what I was saying.

Being an easy character to play with is different from being an easy character to win with. BANGBANGBANG And RAGNA ZE BRUBEJ are easy characters to WIN with. Noel is an easy character to play with.

Ragna was my main char from CT and I used litchi as a sub, but somehow I ended up using Haku-men a lot more than Litchi because of his fighting style. I now occasionally use Tagger when I feel like it.

I’ll continue to play Rachel Alucard, and Platina once she’s up for DLC.

I dabble in a lot of characters, but I primarily use Noel, Makoto and Ragna. I’m also steadily learning Arakune.

Back in Calamity Trigger I mainly used Ragna and and Noel as a secondary but I later came to realize I had a lot more fun using Noel, so I started using her quite a bit more. She’s honestly the most fun character in the entire game to play, I think. Late in Calamity Trigger’s life I took interest in Arakune but not too much came out of it.

Once Makoto was released I tried her and fell in love with the nature of her rushdown and how fun she was to play. Almost as enjoyable as Noel, really. Not too long afterward, I bumped her up to my secondary in Continuum Shift. I still dig Ragna, but he becomes rather boring and monotonous after a while, if you ask me. I keep practicing with him because he’s always there for those really annoying players that I can’t seem to do well against with Noel and Makoto.

I’m learning Arakune because he has a really unique feel, especially in comparison to the other characters I use and I love the idea of intimidating people with curse once I get skilled enough with him.

Valkenhayn looks interesting, he might be the fifth character I start using a considerable amount. Still waiting on a BlazBlue game with playable Jubei, tho’. If it ever comes to fruition that might just be my new best character.

Wow…the first page of this thread seems full of troll…ah well. Good for a laugh.

Also: Noel/Tsubaki/Makoto. -cuz they’re fun to play with.

If so he should be broken.