Which game sounds better?

My brother and I want to see who can make the best 3d fighter. This came about when we both initially wanted to create a fighter together, but we clashed heavily in ideas. My fighter idea is this:

-3d and plays exactly like Tekken
-art style is similar to the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games
-all the characters are loli schoolgirls from different schools
-infinite stages like old Tekken games(I hate walls and feel interaction in stages ruins the fighting and skill
-music is in a style like this: [media=youtube]kITZAF_VADQ[/media]
-story is really deep and about these schoolgirls that have to fight for freedom in Japan because an evil principal is taking over the schools and making kids do way too much homework

My brother’s idea on the other hand:

-3d and plays like a mix of MvC3 and Devil May Cry with some Tekken influences(he said it may use a third person camera too, yuck!)
-art style is similar to Blade Runner and Heavy Metal stuff
-all the characters are grimdark “badasses” like assassins, serial killers, robot ninjas, lab experiments, even demons
-stages are fully interactive with walls and hazards(he claims you’d be able to shut them off in options if you don’t want that stuff in matches, like modifiers I guess)
-music in a style like this: [media=youtube]_uKY1W-776A[/media]
and this: [media=youtube]_Waqn0jBG58[/media]
(YUCK!)
-story is some ripoff of Twisted Metal about evil people fighting to get a wish from some evil djinn or something

Also he said he wants his game to have lots of blood and gore, and you’d be able to do finishing moves on opponents who are near death. It sounded really stupid and gross to me, who would want a fighting game like that? Blood and gore have no place in a fighter. He laughed and made fun of my game and said it was gay;_; I’ll prove him wrong, when he sees my game has mainstream appeal not his stupid gorefest with crappy music.

I don’t know, whose the composer?

Don’t bother with it man, just give it up. It’s time to move on…

Twisted Metal is a fun game.

clearly the answer is to merge the two ideas. create the most supreme game… gl…

I never cared for it, it was too dark and really emo.

Both of them are terrible ideas. However…

-3d and plays like a mix of MvC3 and Devil May Cry with some Tekken influences(he said it may use a third person camera too, yuck!)
-art style is similar to the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games
-all the characters are grimdark “badasses” like assassins, serial killers, robot ninjas, lab experiments, even demons
-music is in a style like this: YouTube - Haruhi Suzumiya Opening theme (full)
-music in a style like this: YouTube - Noisia - Machine Gun (16Bit remix)
-story is really deep and about these schoolgirls that have to fight for freedom in Japan because an evil principal is taking over the schools and making kids do way too much homework

Congratulations. I just took both of your garbage ideas and made something 10x better. Feel good. I’ll only take 80% of the profits. Not like it won’t make billions anyways, so you can have the rest.

Excuse me? You took his gameplay idea over mine? Tekken has objectively deeper gameplay than MvC3. My bro’s game would simply be a mindless button masher. Have you even played MvC3? It’s absolutely dreadful. I chose Tekken style gameplay for its depth. There’s nothing deep about MvC3’s control scheme or gameplay. And third person camera? That kind of camera doesn’t work in a fighter, it would ruin the gameplay mechanics.
And no, I don’t want grimdark characters in My game, thank you very much.

I’ll have you know mvc3 is the deepest game to ever exist. And Devil may cry is the deepest Single player game to ever exist. And tekken Influences are there, so yeah, even though tekken has no depth at all and you just combo stuff to a wall and do damage at a wall. And it has naruto ultimate ninja storm art style, so the grimdark will be made even more amazing.

Face it, best game ever.

Yeah, you’re trolling, no serious fighting game player would think MvC3 is the deepest anything, same for DMC.

I’m going to go with Brenda Brathwaite on this one. Debating whether or not to implement something? Don’t. Just implement it, see how it effects the game for the purpose you intended. Bad ideas will expose themselves with games given the time.

I’m not big on loli or school life, nor am I wild about excessive gore. I honestly don’t see how you can get a deep story out of an evil principal giving a lot of homework either. I’m going with what c001357 said and that’s to take elements of both to make one game.

Exactly! that’s why I took elements of both and created the single greatest idea to grace the fighting game genre.