Where to put Todo?

Is todo worth putting in your second spot of your team? Or only
good as battery, cause i need someone to replace my second
character on my team, is he capable in high levels of play and
or tournaments?

Any input will be much appreciated.

ps: I used to use him a little bit a while ago.

Fight On:nunchuck:

All I know is that his command grab is a BITCH!!! You can kara cancel it off a crouching fierce to gain extra range, or simply RC it. If it is RCed, the damn thing will grab ryu/ken right out of a DP before they even leave the ground.

He’s decent, and doesn’t require meter to do damage. There’s also the fact that his counter super can counter even other supers. Combine that with S groove and he’ll make anyone think twice about rushing.

I have to admit, his best groove is A. But even in A, he’s not a high tier and has crap for normal attacks.

Yeah his normals aren’t exactly, what I would call great, he probally
gets raped by cammy, but I heard he does Fairly well against blanka,
I think Combofiend told me that shit, but im not sure. I talked to
Tragic about A todo when I was using him a while ago, the posts are probally still there, I think Gunter made a guest appearance as well.
At the moment my A team is Cammy/ ? /Geese…–>
I just wanted to use someone who took nice damage off with there CC, without using bison or sakura, seeing as I dont like them, and rugal
might only be good as battery if that, even with RC. I wonder though, can todo compete with Sagat? I mean can he hold his own?

Simple answer: put him 2nd if you’re using C-groove. Land a command grab in the middle of the stage, and do fierce xx lvl2 super cancelled into command grab. Big damage for a combo that’s easy to execute. He might be a decent anchor, but I still don’t have much experience with his good and bad matchups, especially people with roll…

I haven’t touched Todo in a while, maybe I’ll get back to waving…check the older threads for some good info

Yeah I already know about the older threads, Tragic and Gunter practicly made one when they replied to my cry for help, but todo isnt exactly tournament worthy in my opinion, I’ll just stick with eagle.

Todo is one of the best A-Groove characters in the game. He needs his meter though, so put him second.

I guess I’ll try that again and see if it works for me, i doubt it though, maybe todo will do better against K hibiki, than my Geese will, and my Eagle, cause dame.:lol:

Fight On:nunchunk:

Are their any solid Todo players out there?

What are his bad match ups… I would like to play Todo as a ratio 2 character.

He seem to get meter fast? :confused: I gusss I have to check out some of the older threads to find out.

I would like to learn how to do those crazy corner strings with tigerknee waves… :karate:

I dont think that todo will be effective as a ratio 2 character.

Todo lacks mobility with his special moves and lack reach versus other characters.

My Main Character is Todo. Hey No D, what groove are you using Todo in?

I am using him in c groove… RC command grab to c.fp super cancel… does good damage as a ratio 2?..

Well, For a simple combo like that, Grab -> C.HP -> Level 2 (When you have level 2 only)-> cancel with grab = 7550 Damage. 7675 if you had a Full bar but used only 2. 8025 if you use max level.

Good damage? Why sure, he’s a solid hitter, he’s a better than average Battery because of his constant barrage of Kasane Ate.

U wanna use RC Command grab? Ok, learn to RC Command grab, and RC command grab AGAIN right after that, AND THEN RC command grab again, then do your B&B. Is it worth doing that in Ratio 2? It’s 5985 damage if you have a full bar. Now…if you tag a super after that instead…

Normally if you do an immdiate Grab after a grab you aren’t far enough unless you take the Tiiiiniest step. but RC moves you forward enough…so…you know…

C Todo is about the irritating tricks and the scary RC Grabs.

Todo’s bad matchups are those buggers with good jump ins that are hard to AA. That’s all. That means Claw Balrog, Sometimes Rolento, Rugal with that Dive Smash, Akumas Dive kick. Those are Hard to beat.

Then again, what do I know. I mainly play him in K. I just JD that shit down and MAX super them.

Does Todo need Super to win? IMHO, not at all. His arsenal (very loosely used word here considering he has only these few moves) of moves are good enough.

what is todo’s A-groove CC? I like Todo a lot, but damn his normals suck. His crouching fierce is pretty sweet. But like wtf is up with his chop thing he does when you push fierce punch? His Projectile is so cool, and his counter-super rocks my socks