Where to get the Masahiko Nakahira SF mangas?

Does anyone know where can i get the Masahiko Nakahira SF mangas (or at least the ISBNs)?

And which ones did he do? I know of Cammy, Sakura Ganbaru and Ryu Final. Is that it? How many volumes did each series have?

P.s: It seems he recently released a doujin to end the Sakura series…

I recommended someone in the Storyline thread to the online store Acclimate Solutions. I got a few of them from there and the rest while in Japan.

As for SF mangas by Nakahira Masahiko-san, 1 volume of Cammy Gaiden, released in the US as SSF2 Cammy; and 2 volumes of each of his other series, Street Fighter Zero, Sakura Ganbaru!, and Ryu Final.

In addition to the doujin and possibly one other book, he also released an extra chapter for Cammy Gaiden in a SF2 Movie film book that can be found scanlated if you search Cammyfan.com.

Damn…clickstick had that shit, and I JUST found out about it. It’s gone now.

http://www.click-stick.com/game/GAMEST/

However!! Keep an eye on THIS site: http://www.mangaqwest.com/ Someday they will finish translating the manga and will make it available.

By the doujin to end the Sakura series, are you referring to the Sakura vs. Kyo story? It didn’t really finish the story since the Sakura story ended in itself (Sakura grows up and becomes a gym teacher, fights Ryu one more time) but showed events past the manga of the younger Sakura. This appears in “Ultrajump Megamix Vol. I” with other non SF related mangas in the book in 2003. This book is really easy to track down.

Most of the books are difficult to find since the company who put them out, Gamest went under, but came back as Arcadia. But Shueisha re-released ‘Sakura Ganbaru!’ two years ago.

Here’s his Mangas with ISBN numbers. I don’t have the Cammy one since I got it in English.

STREET FIGHTER ZERO VOLUME 1 - ISBN4-88199-443-3

STREET FIGHTER ZERO VOLUME 2 - ISBN4-88199-273-2

SAKURA GANBARU! VOLUME 1 - ISBN4-88199-326-7

SAKURA GANBARU! VOLUME 2 - ISBN4-88199-366-6

STREET FIGHTER III RYU FINAL VOLUME 1 - ISBN4-88199-583-9

STREET FIGHTER III RYU FINAL VOLUME 2 - ISBN4-88199-584-7

ULTRAJUMP MEGAMIX VOLUME 1 - ISBN4-08-782780-1

CAMMY GAIDEN - ISBN4-09123-801-7

Since that one isn’t in a doujin (has an ISBN), there is one doujin here: http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m9636738

and one other which I’m not sure if it’s actually by Nakahira san but it sure looks like his style, called 80286 if I’m not mistaken. Don’t know about any others currently.

Title: Shounen Sunday Comics Special: Super Street Fighter II Cammy Gaiden
ISBN #: 4-09-123801-7
Author: Nakahira Masahiko
Publisher: Shougakukan
Release Date: 8-15-1994
Price: 550 yen
Nakahira’s 6-chapter Cammy manga, originally serialized in Shounen Sunday, IIRC.

Title: Shounen Sunday Comics Visual Selection: Gekijouyou Animation Street Fighter II
ISBN #: 4-09-121878-4
Publisher: Shougakukan
Release Date: 9-15-1994
Price: 980 yen
Full color “film comic” of the theatrical anime film, Street Fighter II. Also includes a 14-page, black-&-white bonus manga, “Super Street Fighter II Cammy Gaiden: Special Episode” by Nakahira.

Title: Street Fighter II Comic Anthology Vol. 2
ISBN #: 4-88199-181-7
Author: [Anthology]
Publisher: Shinseisha
Label: Gamest Comics
Release Date: 7-10-1995
Price: 780 yen
While Nakahira didn’t contribute a short manga to this Gamest Comic Anthology, he did contribute a full-page full-color illustration (depicting the SFII-era incarnations of Vega (Shadoloo leader), Gouki, & Ryu).

Title: Hi no Tama Game Comic Series: Tekken Comic Anthology Yabou no Sakusou
ISBN #: 4-334-80285-0
Publisher: Koubunsha
Label: Shounen Oh Comics
Release Date: 9-10-1995
Price: 880 yen
In addition to a short manga story (centering on Kazuya), Nakahira also contributed this anthology’s front cover illustration (depicting Heihachi, Nina, & Kazuya).

Title: Street Fighter II Comic Anthology Vol. 3
ISBN #: 4-88199-212-0
Release Date: 12-10-1995
Price: 780 yen
While Nakahira didn’t contribute a short manga to this Gamest Comic Anthology, he did provide the front cover illustration (depicting the SFII-era incarnations of Gouki, Ken, & Ryu).

Title: Street Fighter ZERO Vol. 1
ISBN #: 4-88199-220-1
Release Date: 2-10-1996
Vol. 1 of Nakahira’s manga based on SFZERO and SFZERO2, originally serialized in Gamest magazine.

Title: Street Fighter ZERO Vol. 2
ISBN #: 4-88199-273-2
Release Date: 8-25-1996
Vol. 2 (concluding vol.) of Nakahira’s manga based on SFZERO and SFZERO2, originally serialized in Gamest magazine.

Title: Sakura Ganbaru! Vol. 1
ISBN #: 4-88199-326-7
Release Date: 2-25-1997
Vol. 1 of Nakahira’s second SFZERO series manga story, focusing on Sakura, and originally serialized in Comic Gamest magazine.

Title: Sakura Ganbaru! Vol. 2
ISBN #: 4-88199-366-6
Release Date: 9-9-1997
Vol. 2 (concluding vol.) of Nakahira’s second SFZERO series manga story, focusing on Sakura, and originally serialized in Comic Gamest magazine.

Title: Street Fighter ZERO 3 Comic Anthology
ISBN #: 4-88199-548-0
Release Date: 10-25-1998
While Nakahira didn’t contribute a short manga to this Gamest Comic Anthology, he did provide the front cover illustration (of Karin & Sakura) and a 2-page full-color illustration (again, of Karin & Sakura).

Title: Street Fighter III RYU FINAL -Tatakai no saki ni- Ten no Maki
ISBN #: 4-88199-583-9
Release Date: 2-10-1999
Price: 580 yen
Vol. 1 of Nakahira’s manga based on the SFIII series, originally serialized in Gamest magazine. Included a bonus super-short manga preview of the short manga “THE KANZUKI” (an all-new short story focusing on Kazuki Karin).

Title: Street Fighter III RYU FINAL -Tatakai no saki ni- Chi no Maki
ISBN #: 4-88199-584-7
Release Date: 3-10-1999
Price: 580 yen
Vol. 2 (concluding vol.) of Nakahira’s manga based on the SFIII series, originally serialized in Gamest magazine. Included a bonus short manga “THE KANZUKI” (an all-new short story focusing on Kazuki Karin).

Title: Ultrajump Megamix Vol. 1
ISBN #: 4-08-782780-01
Publisher: Shuueisha
Release: 1-22-2003
This short manga anthology features the CVS-inspired Nakahira story, Sakura Ganbaru! Special Edition (focusing on a bout between Sakura and Kyo, with appearances by Karin and Shingo).

Title: Sakura Ganbaru! Saishuushou - Sotsugyou
Circle: Studio Zero
Release: 12-29-2004
Price: 1000 yen
I picked up this doujinshi at Winter Comiket at the end of last year (this is the one depicted in the auction link provided by vasili10 in the previous post). Entitled “Saishuushou - Sotsugyou” (meaning “Final Chapter - Graduation”), it is apparently Nakahira’s final Sakura Ganbaru! short manga story. Karin turns their class’ graduation ceremony into a cage match in an effort to get one last bout with her rival, Sakura. In the end, the fight inspires Sakura (previously uncertain of the path her life should take) to decide to become a teacher – which, of course, plays into the epilogue of the original Sakura Ganbaru! manga series which depicted an older Sakura in the role of a Phys Ed teacher. The doujinshi concludes with 6 Q&A pages from artists Nakahira Masahiko, Yoshizaki Mine, Hidiri Rei, Akatsuki Gomoku, Takurou, & Takamichi) – artists 2-6 also each contribute a b&w Sakura illustration, except for Hidiri Rei who chooses to draw Karin instead.

=================================================================

The Shinseisha books (SFII & SFZ3 comic anthologies, SFZERO vols.1-2, Sakura Ganbaru! vols.1-2, SFIII RYU FINAL Vols.1-2) are going to be somewhat difficult to get, due to Shinseisha having gone bankrupt several years ago. Aside from used manga shops, eBay is probably your best bet.

The 2 Shougakukan books (with the Cammy Gaiden stories) and the Koubunsha Tekken comic anthology might also be a bit scarce, simply because they’re over 10 years old. Ordinarily, I’d recommend asking any U.S. branch of Asahiya or Kinokuniya bookstores to attempt to special-order these books from Japan for you (simply provide the store with the title, publisher, ISBN #, and author info for each book), but the age of these 3 books means they’re probably out of print now.

It may still be possible to have Asahiya or Kinokuniya special-order a copy of Ultrajump Megamix Vol. 1 for you, since that book is only 2 years old.

vasili10, do you have a link to a cover image of 80286?

–Chris

I’ll perhaps answer that if you say why you’ve completely ignored my questions to you ever since I posted Ojou-san.

I had the Sakura Ganbaru…Sakura had to help a little kid (possibly her little brother, I can’t remember) get back a stolen Final Fight Super Famicom cartridge from a gang that was stealing them all over the place. She had to fight some dude with facial markings like a tiger who HAD to be bigger than Zangief.

You can keep your eye out on ebay. That is where i scored my Sakura Ganbaru, SF Zero and Ryu Final in one nice bundle =]

Its the one Dash no Chris and vasili mentioned.

Thanks for the replies, they were really helpful! I probably wont be able to get the doujin, though…

Noob talking about manga

I saw one a long time ago. I think it was the one that introduced Karin, Sakura’s rival. Karin was a manga character first right?
The manga storylines have got to be better then SF2 V one. I hope they make an anime tv series about those mangas. Or better yet about the kickass udon one. HOPE my question was already answered.
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/3dWHr=IXCJrzonhFlK/browse/item/31648/4/0/0
Rightstuf has the english version. pretty cheap

Really good site

This site has alot of sf manga and man hua :pleased:
http://www.rcllair.com/hkcom.htm

Actully this the main page :razzy:
http://www.rcllair.com/

A big :tup: to sano who gave this to me. :clap:

the man hua’s are funny. Especially the original SF 2 one. :lol:
For Ryu and Chun li to get together the side effect’s are scary !! :amazed:
{ Vega is her father, Ken’s in the mafia/outer space , the art of fighting people exist, it takes place in the futute :cybot: } :wow:
Well I guess that’s what a sad Chun li and Ryu fan like me has to settle for. :sad:

Anyone have a site thta talks about the manga in detail {plot and evrything} like the one above talks about the man hua? :wonder:
anyways the man hua art is awsome :lovin:

For those who haven’t yet had a chance to see anything of the “Sakura Ganbaru! Saishuushou - Sotsugyou” doujinshi, Mandarake is currently hosting scans of the front cover and the first several pages of the story.

–Chris

I like Takamichi (hes wonderful - would kill for his Takamichi Artworks artbook… anyone willing to help?) and Hidiri Rei, but Nakahiras art seems to have regressed?

Anyway, thanks for the link. I wish the english Mandarake had so many samples too…

Thanks for that link , Dash no Chris !!

I’ve never seen those samples before.

When you found them on Ebay what did you enter to find the listing??

It would be kickass is UDON could translate the Ryu, Sakura, and Alpha mangas and release them in the USA. I’ve had Ryu Final and Alpha for a long friggin time and I still can’t find it translated anywhere.

Would you like some translated summaries for now?

There’s five pages of a Ryu Final scanlation on the link below. Hopefully we’ll get more soon.

http://www.mangaqwest.com/