Where did all the American Bison go?

I am making this post to discuss the lack of people playing Bison in tournaments.

I was looking at the shoryuken ranks and it seems the highest ranking American Bison is Tampa Bison at 45, and after that is Hiro at 139, and Mono at 162. I know there are very good Bison players Overseas like Gagapa, Dogura, Kim 1234, Nuerosis, ect, but we don’t get to see very much of them. It seems that a lot of the top American Bison players are no where to be found. I have not seen players like Happy Medicine, AndyORC, and Hugo101 at many major tournaments. Even if you look at top 50 in capcom pro tour points. No American Bison players are to be found. I wonder if the character is the reason, or maybe personal reasons have prevented these guys from showing up as much. Just seems like Bison as a character is being under represented in the states. I was hopeful to see Bison win his first major this year.

Because Bison isn’t worth it right now. That is the short version anyways

I’m an American, and while I just picked up Bison a couple months ago for the first time, I’ve been making steady progress with him, so give me a couple years and I’ll be confident enough to make the 3 hour drive to a Wednesday night fights, where in-spite of those years of training do to my lack of natural skill and choice of character I’ll almost certainly get quickly knocked out of the tournament with out winning a single round, then, as any street fighter player must do if they lose in an offline tournament, I will go home and become a family man, growing old whilst reflecting on the multiple years of my life I wasted in training for a game I was incapable of ever becoming good at.

But I’ve got a long way to go before I get there, for now its just daily training in the training room. I’ve taken a full week off of work for the PC release of ultra as well so hopefully that’ll help as well.

American Bison were almost extinct in the 19th century but are making a come back. You’ll see more and more as the years pass. Hope that answers your question about American Bison.

There’s a big one that lives in Florida. Not quite your average Bison, he has hands and can use a stick.

Bison isn’t super n00by unlike Cammy or Akuma