When Servbots aren't Enough: Tron MvC3 Team-Building thread

I was messing around with Haggar’s Double Lariat. Tron can OTG c.H >> Lariat >> qcf.L,M, or H to catch them midair. Haven’t had time to test what’s the best follow up. It really depends on what your combo has been up to that point. Or it leads into the obvious tech traps, air throw, whatever. That, and Lariat is already one of the best assists anyway, so why not, right?

Hey I’m looking for team suggestions, this is my first marvel game so I’m not the best at developing assist combos/team comps yet. Right now I’m running Tronne/Wesker/Taskmaster. Wesker OTG assist helps out tronne and taskmaster a lot, taskmaster arrows help tronne and wesker get in/pressure(I can’t decide which of his arrows are the most useful though). I can’t decide which assist I should use for tronne, bonne strikes sounds awesome but I feel like it pushes back to far when they aren’t in the corner, the rock seems really awesome for taskmaster since rock + arrows would give him a really good projectile game(and help him get in) but rock is probably outshined by arrows for helping out wesker. I’ve heard the fire assist is really good but I’m not quite sure how it’s used.

I’m also not sure I like the team comp, all 3 seem like they are just different kinds of rushdown and all 3 are good batteries, they build tons of meter and don’t use it particularly fast. I feel like I could put someone better in taskmasters spot, but I don’t like a lot of the people who fulfill a similar assist type(iron man, sent etc…).

Any help would be appreciated.

I was actually running that same team, but could never really work get morrigan to mesh with the others all that well. Its always me winning with tron/sent without any really help from morrigan other than meter boost assist, or trying to clean up with Morrigan shenanigans after the fact. I really prefer morrigan on point than as an assist, but if I’m learning tron than tron’s gonna be my main focus. So I dropped Morrigan for wesker’s otg assist, but even thats not solid for me yet since I have no idea what to do with wesker if I ever have to use him on point and his assist isn’t all that useful to sent. Hulk is prolly better, rocket punch would be great if I didn’t have to give up drones.

I really like sentinel drones assist since they can juggle off a drill loop which can lead to a beacon bomb reset.

Sentinelbot #42 is OP

Not to sound nooby but i just mash the assist button while calling out a beacon bomb and hit it pretty much everytime.

After you knock down after a :s: to air :m:,:m:,:h:,:s: combo, you can call an assist right when you fall to normal jump height.

BTW, has anyone found any assists besides Chun and Haggar that succesfully work with cr.:h: OTG into beacon bomb. I know Doom’s works most of the time and requires some timing, but was wondering if there were others.

Good stuff, man. I’m running Modok/Sent/Tron right now, but I want to replace Sent for obvious reasons. Modok loves Tron’s fire assist too(or at least my Modok does, because I am terrible)!

While I was playing Sent with Tron, I was always comboing her fire into Sent’s c.m, which is just hilarious when you’re getting a ton of pressure put on you.

Mag-b/Dante-(a or b… I’ve taken a liking to b)/Tron-b = intense rushdown team! Tron lets you get past beam assists/chars. Dante’s b assist lets you keep Mag’s offense unpredictable and gives you insane frame advantage if they block it.

I’ve been playing Morrigan/Chun/Tron since Day 1 and I’ve built a very good chemistry around this team. Chun’s assist works great after Tron’s 2C > 6C OTG. Tron’s Gustaff Fire works as a good assist to cover both of my characters. Morrigan’s shadow blade is a great anti-air and I love her Fireball > fly > Fireball > unfly/dash mix-ups.

Presently I’m playing my MVC2 sub team in MVC3 as my main team and have had some moderately fine success. Much like MVC2 I like the way this team jives.

Tron (b) / Doom (b or y) / Sent (a)

I like keeping Tron on point as a battery for my team. She also builds meter in her combos insanely fast, so I don’t feel shy using a random super in my combos if damage is needed. It can be difficult getting in with Tron so as of late I have been using Doom’s Hidden Missiles to break up my opponents pressure. I also doubles as a semi decent OTG.

I don’t think I need to sing the praises about how effective Doom is.

Sent is just Sent, awesome assists, plenty of power, although a smart player can rush him down pretty easy. In that event I switch up Sent for Dormammu.

With Spencer’s Armor Piercer assist you can do cr.H > f.H+Spencer > Beacon Bomb-M.

Right now my team is Arthur(fire bottle)/Tron(flamethrower)/Sentinel(Drones)

I usually lead of with arthur and use Trons’s assist if they get to close.

Sentinel is well…Sentinel >_<

What do you guys think of my team?

Tron’s Gustaf Flame assist is so good that it almost seems criminal to send her in first, on just about any team.

I think she plays well with any assist that can help her close space and get in, since she does great damage and has mixups on her own without the help of a high/low or otg assist.

I’d say combine Tron (Gustaf Flame) + Dr. Doom (Hidden Missiles) and you get two good characters with some of the best assists in the game. Add a point character to go in first, and you’re good to go.

Bonne Strike H, st.M, f.M (Gustaff Fire/Flamethrower). That’s a way to use it that isn’t anti-air. You can even jump cancel Gustaff Fire into air M, H, S, which grounded bounces for more shenanigans (Beacon Bomb, launcher, etc).

Bonnie is so versatile, I’ve found that she works in every single way no matter your assists. Right now, though, I have Bonne on point with Iron Man-A and Wesker-B to back her up. Uni-beam to help me get to them or extend combos safely, and Samurai Edge if I don’t feel like using cr.H, Iron Man assist, f.H, etc. Instead, I use Samurai Edge into Beacon Bomb and go for there.

If I don’t have an OTG assist, I’ll switch Iron Man to Smart Bomb.

Im using Tron/Deadpool/Sent. but im looking to replace Sent., not sure who though. Any suggestion?

I’ve had moderate success with Dormammu replacing Sent. But if your sending Tron in on point you need a really good assist. Sometimes I eat 80% of my bar attempting to get in against really spammy teams. But once I’m in game over (or at least attempt one).

I hate the suggestion…but perhaps Doom with Hidden Missiles assist could help give your team something different, yet still keep the same general area-covering assist that Sentinel is known for.

I am using Chris(grenade)/Trish(Peekaboo)/Tron(Gustav) just started it yesterday incorporated Tron into my team. So far it is pretty mean Chris plus tron assist and Trish traps is really hard to get around. Tron assist + flamethrower is awesome lol. Anyway I am open to suggestions on assists for either characters still pretty new to this team.

I was thinking Mags(EM disruptor)/X23(Ankle Slicer)/Tron(Gustaff Fire). My main problem is whether to put Mag on point or Tron on point. Mag is very strong even without meter, so I kind of want him on point but I don’t know for sure.

I’m pretty confused.

I’ve been using Tron Bonne and Sentinel the last few days, but I have no idea who to use for a third. I’ve been looking for days. I’ve tried out Ammy but she doesn’t really mesh well with the other two. Anyone got any character suggestions? Before this team, I was using Tron, X-23, and Morrigan.

And do you all think Tron Bonne with Sentinel’s assist is her best option for combos? I can do: j.:h: st.:l: st.:m: :f::m: j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: st.:h: st.:s: j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:s: Sentinel Assist 2:h: 6:h: (bombs hit at this point) :qcf::h: j.:h: j.:s: :qcf::l: King Servbot st.:h: Lunch Rush for about 800K damage. I don’t think X-23’s assist is as good because it doesn’t cover Tron Bonne when attacking, and not as useful in general. So…What do I do? :expressionless:

This is a repost from the general thread, I realized after it was more suited to this topic. Sorry.

Hey, I used to use wesker/ammy/sentinel but I d like to avoid using sentinel for a while and I thought I would try out Tron. She has really great synergy with the rest of my team, her assist(flame) has a lot of uses also. My main problem is that when my other 2 characters die I cant do much to Tron I get rushed down and I have to hope that something will connect and I can xfactor to win. Anyway I was wondering the best ways to get someone off of you as Tron and maybe her fastest normal. Lastly I was wondering if you think Tron can fight without an assist, keep in mind I pretty much always save x factor for last character. In the meantime am going to try and watch as much Tron videos as I can too see how she gets in on people. Thanks for your time : )