What's the current status of Skullgirls on 360?

Hurr durr?

You are like what… 10?

Trying to tell me what i can and cant do? Lol.
This clusterfuck of a patch is alive and kicking on ps3…

No, I’m telling you that thing you said is stupid.
I don’t care anymore.
Carry on.

blaming MS for the first patch rejection is like blaming the state government for the speeding ticket you just got. “Why don’t they just increase/remove the speed limit?”

I’m not supporting MS I agree it’s stupid and I won’t be investing in the nextbox, but the policy was there and LZ didn’t follow it or didn’t know about it. So the first one was their fault.

The new bug could’ve been discovered a while ago and we’d all be playing Skullgirls Slightly Less Double Edition

Name this policy of which you speak. Also the analogy in your first sentence is completely irrelevant. I doesn’t compare to this situation what so ever.

"Despite landing on the PlayStation 3 back in late November, Skullgirls’ Slightly Different Edition update has yet to make its way to Microsoft’s console. The delay is due to the file size of the update itself, according to XBLA Fan’s translation of a tweet from the official Japanese Skullgirls account.

While Microsoft limits XBLA updates to just four megs, the fighter’s Slightly Different Edition patch weighs in at 590 megabytes. Being granted an exception to the rule is apparently possible, though subsequently time consuming. No announcements have been made regarding an expected completion date for the whole deal."

FYI, the PS3 patch was smaller because the 360 version of the patch was a huge overhaul of most of the back-end of the game to fix the awful load times on the 360.

That actually makes sense.

The patch was still a couple of hundreds megs on both consoles while the limit on Xbox live is 4 MB. Not really a difference.

While that makes sense, I’ve seen updates for games on xbox well over 60mb. The limit most certainly isn’t 4mb. Even then though, the SG patch is too heavy for those standards.

The limit is normally 4MB but it probably can be negotiated if you are a big fish in the industry. Capcom was able to put in big patches in SF games I believe, like adding the 12 DLC chars in the PC version of SFxT.

Those arent considered “patches” they are considered dlc content and fall under a different class of rules.

The sg patch doesnt give new characters or new colors to buy or new stages to buy…

Funnily enough a loophole might exist here if one color were buyable for like a dollar and you got all the other patch features along with that color… Lol

Mike Z just told a story on salty cupcakes. The long and short is that Konami gave the wrong build to Microsoft and it got rejected again.

RESTART THE FUCKING TIMER

Wait. You mean it got rejected last week for a bug and this week for a different reason? Or is this how it got rejected last week?

Wow konami, wow. Who in The fuck is running the place?

We need a meme of some slackjaws with konami on their shirts… Maybe a konami code somewhere… But with the wrong directions…

The last one was where Konami didn’t even test the patch. The one that just got rejected was because Konami found a problem with the patch. They told mok zed about it and he fixed it and gave them a new build. That patch would’ve been passed by microsoft more than likely. But Konami in their infinite glory gave microsoft the build that wasn’t fixed. They gave em the same build that had whatever issue.

Jesus. I own a ps3 and already have the patch. I just want the damn colors!

Once again you have Microsoft’s policies to blame for that. According to what I’ve heard, if a paid DLC is on another console before xbox, microsoft won’t allow it to hit the marketplace. So if the colors which are paid DLC show up on PSN first, they won’t be allowed on xbox at all which would cause LZ even more trouble. In other words, you can’t have them because we can’t either

Yeah, that’s why I’m frustrated.

It costs quite a bit a money to submit a patch. If the patch gets rejected, do they get the money back or are they stuck with the exact same fee if they were to try again?