What's the best button layout for Mortal Kombat 9?

Wow, the button names are actually on the panels artwork. Epic fail for that guy to install it wrong.

Yeah, after checking the vid and comparing his colors to my PS3 TE it can’t be right :wink:

i only have a te and i dont have a pannel. since its only one game i dont see the need to changing the stick. anyways i’m prolly gonna go with this route.

______fp___bp
block__fk___bk

using this way i can block with my thumb.

Don’t forget your TAG button :wink:

What do you guys think of these? It seems like they would be a good option for someone looking for a north american look (concave button) with a lighter Japanese feel. They just came out so I wouldnt expect anyone has actually tried them but from what you see what do you think?

Those look kool, if I decide to change out my MK PDP TE buttons I’ll try those out.

The reason that i started the thread is because i was asked by the almighty Warner Bros to make them a set of custom Mortal Kombat sticks (and tshirts) for the winners of the European MK championship :slight_smile:
Here are the fruits of my labour :

Wow, those are nice. Great job

Thanks man. A lot of work went into them. Not just the sticks :wink:

good call.

tag___fp___bp
block__fk___bk

fixed

I was thinking of using:

fp-block-bp-tag
fk-block-bk-stance

easy access to block(2 buttons!), throw (fp+fk), x-ray(fk+block+bk) and enhanced moves(because of the block placements).

Unfortunately, MK9 does not allow you to map two different buttons to the same function.

My layout is like this:

FP-TAG-BP
FK-BLK-BK

Seems to be the easiest to work with for me.

Yep your right, I can’t believe they don’t allow that! Anyway, I may try your layout just to make enhanced moves easier to pull off.

I am the co-owner of a Graphic Design company, and am a graphic design teacher at the local college- and I totally love those stick designs! Very nice.

Thanks! I do a lot of sticks and shirt designs. Here is a collection of some of my stuff : Shadaloo_eu’s photosets on Flickr