Whats Cheapest Character/Combo/Move In UMK3 Genesis Version?

The forum is Mortal Kombat and not Mortal Kombat 9, so Im asking here since “Other Games” is pretty much a wasteland forum.

Theres a UMK3 tournament at Game Over on the 11th, and so Id like to place at least 2nd, but I dont play MK games. So…can you help a cheap noob out? I was thinking of playing as Cyrax and do the net and drop tons of grenades, or Jade with combos, or Scorpion and well just be Scorpion. Who should I pick? Is Kabal good? I hate his who he looks in this game.

Pretty sure Kabal is one of the most broken characters in that game, but don’t take my word for it, it’s been around 15 years since I played the game the last time but when I did I wrecked shit with Kabal and Shang Tsung.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Kitana, Cyrax, Smoke, Shang Tsung and Ermac are high on the bullshit meter as well.

Might wanna go to testyourmight or mortalkombatunited for tierlists though since these sub forums are pretty dead and those other forums are full with MK enthusiasts.

Just play Human Smoke. There should be a couple vids of LI JOE playing him

I only know Sub-Zeros HP, HP, LP, LK, HK, b+HK combo. Just strategically place your Ice Blasts and Ice Clones.

Oh yeah, updating. I came in 4th. I lost my first match because i couldnt do scorpions special moves on the 20 year old genesis controllers they had. so then i ended up switching to noob sabot since somehow a time limit was reached and him and rain were chosen, and me and the guy i beat just went with them, and i beat everyone till i ran into the guy who would win the whole thing. he walked in at the last minute with his friends and didnt know it was going on. he played it a lot a long time ago, thats really cool. one guy i beat knew liu kangs moves, but i just jumped and kicked and beat him.