What's baku-canceling?

:rofl: I’ve been playing Joe since CVS2 was released back in 2001 but was never any good. No comp over here, (close anyways). Seeing you play him with RCs back at texas showdown made me realize that I had to get in on that. Even if you don’t play him anymore and join the A-team I will always be sporting him.:nunchuck:

lol damn that was a long time ago. I should have advanced in that tourney…

Nah ill probably still use Joe, but everyone knows my tricks now.

Well, don’t know if I have any “tricks” per se with Joe but my game plan has always been a pop lv.3 or chip until they can’t block it. Learning RC made him a lot safer because before I’d either take a big risk by using non RC hands or pop lv.3 but now I have that and baku (which I should probably try to perfect as well).

O shit, wait, were you that K-Joe player? Damn thats old school.

I know some decent 50/50 setups with Joe involving the corner and the mp fireball. There are some nice tricks with the hands cancel too using the throw or short short super. Buncha fun stuff like that.

Also, one of his best anti-airs isn’t the double cyclone surprisingly, its the lvl 3 other hurricane super. It doesn’t have lag.

Yea, used to play K a lot since I REFUSED to learn RC if you can believe that. The thing I learned constantly playing my friend is that, although, the regular lv. 3 super is a better anti-air it’s more likely to be missed since I’m usually fighting close range and they could cross up and miss the lv.3 completely.

One thing that I’m trying to get better at, which I actually pulled off at that last tourney is to make them choose between jumping, rc, or rolling. I do that to my friend a lot and makes the people play my game. This way they’re trying to rely on me messing up an RC which I will rarely do now. So, if they jump->RC, if they RC->RC since Joe usually has a better RC than other characters, and if they roll-> I’ll grab or wait till the end and slide to get a knockdown. I still need more experience against K-groovers and I’m thinking N-groove may help since it has a short jump.

Thats a no-no, ppl still poke not because they are ‘testing your RC’, but because its good risk reward in their favor. Most of the top tiers have better range than Joe and its difficult to do anything after hitting them with hands cuz ur usually gonna be way out of range. BUT if they HIT you, they can super or whatever retarded shit a top tier has. O and Blanka by FAR out RCs Joe. Honda is also beefy enough to murder him too.

One of my buddies in San Antonio is also an RC whore like me, but I still do meaties and stuff cuz i dont care about getting hit by the RC since I’ll get rewarded with a super opportunity if he messes up. And remember, EVERYONE messes up RCs, even the Japanese.

Btw, about the regular cyclone super. Its a better super cuz it can be used on reaction more than anticipation (some characters with fast jumps actually LAND before double cyclone comes out). Using it wrong gets you crossed up of course. Use it like you would his uppercut as anti air. Joe’s only anti crossup is double cyclone.

N-Joe = garbage imo. Even his low jump is ‘floaty’.

Well, after experimenting a bit with him I know if you do RCs back to back it’s extremely hard to get the timing down for a poke. I used to try that with honda and would just get splattered with pokes from eagle since honda’s RC is so slow to do repeatedly. Also, when I fought hondas at that tourney w/ Joe I felt that I had the adavantage. Not arrogant but, just the way the match was going since I didn’t get hit as much as he did and in an RC battle the person who does it second usually wins.:lol: On the reg. super I’m not sure since I haven’t used it for a while but I think since he uses a regular tornado into a hyper one; if they jump-you super-and they haven’t attacked-they can kick you out of it since you’re no longer in an invincibility state. I think that’s one of the reasons I stopped using it. I usually have trouble against blanca since I NEED to get close and once I do he could cross Joe up which you know Joe is horrible against cross ups.

lol try playing Mago’s Honda with Joe (shit even just Oscar’s Honda). Its not pretty. Joe dishes out no damage and Honda gives plenty, compounded on the fact that Joe’s HP is damn low. Me and Oscar are the only Honda players in Texas basically. I think almost everyone in the country quit him.

RCs back to back is more of a mind game thing, don’t use it as a main tactic. Its good with Joe since his hands are so fast…but remember you aren’t invincible forever…

When you use the regular tornado super, you do it deep like you would a shoryuken. Its gotta be lvl 3. If you’ve been kicked out of it, either your doing it WAAAAYY to early or the other guy is a lucky bastard with the timing.

And yeah, RC Blanka = dead Joe. Its luck to beat him. One of the worst matches in the game.

Managed to play a few rounds of CVS2. (been playing too much KOFXI and NGBC) I tried the lv.3 regular hurricane and yea, it connected if I delayed it but it does about HALF the damage of the double. I guess if you want to waste your well stocked lv.3 for a safer hit then that’d be the way to go. I, however, have gotten pretty good at the lv.3 double and I prefer the power to it. That and the fact that I know how much chip it can do and NO ONE has been able to JD it or Parry it since it’s wicked fast. I don’t know how good or if I actually improve by the next time that I go 'cause my friend ATM wants to play nothing but KOFXI and NGBC.

lol of course the double is beefier, thats why they put that lame lag in it.

What the hell is NGBC?

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, I’d think that since your <_< hungry the beefier would’ve been your choice too. :rofl: I’m starting to get more into those games since he’s the only guy that I can play with around here. I can’t be going to houston everyday (wish I could, though)

Or you just suck Chris lol.

lol shut up Jeff. Go get OCV’d by Honda players in tournament.

Wow. Every post by CMX in this thread has been mis-information.
Someone needs to consolidate the Joe forums…