What's baku-canceling?

RC = Roll Canceling
Tnt = Joe’s multi-hand attack (any punch 5 times)

And everyone has been a noob at one point. No one knows the game before they play it. :rofl:

thanks alot…im no noob lol, just something i dint know

ok um is it just me or we cant RC is cvs2 EO ? this fuckin sucks man, i hope rc’s are delayed in tourneys as well then

CvS2 EO is the revised CvS2 where they took out RC’s when they found out about it. And a couple other minor changes I think.

yea i just noticed. but do they keep it in big names tournaments?

no, they use the ps2 port which has RC’s in it.

AH FUUUUCK!!!

lol, do you like RC or not?

well thing is i dont wanna get RC’ed againts good players while i cant do shit about cos i cant even practice it at home…

Well, ps2 (fat versions) are running close to 50 or 60 bucks on ebay. Just add a cvs2 ps2 version for about 20 and you can practice all that for about 80 bucks. Roll canceling isn’t too hard if you get the concept but you do need a lot of practice to do it consistently rather than just once in a while. When I was a beginner watching some guys RC blanka’s electricity I was all impressed since they could do it about 3-4 times back to back. After say about 2 months I can do that now as well, actually more if I need to. In reality you can learn it in a day but I’ve just been putting in a few minutes every now and then against the cpu on survival to get the RC’s better. If you need some pointers let me know since my way of learning revolves around doing it several ways.:sweat:

If you get RC’ed, and you know they’re gonna RC: Throw.

Not all RC can be thrown. I mean technically you should be able to but a good RC’er knows his range and at what range it’s best to RC.

So, in the instance they’re waking up, and they RC, and you’re right next to them… you would throw… technically speaking, if they’re point blank and they’re gonna RC, you would throw.

Hence… If you know they’re gonna RC: Throw

There are only a few things I know of that you can’t throw even if you’re right next to them, and one of them is wake up RC Hurricane Kicks with shoto’s.

It still isn’t a very safe thing to do. RC’s have different timing so if you ARE point blank on a wake up it would depend on how long the guy delays the RC and how fast it comes out. Yea, for something like honda’s hand slaps since it has a pretty slow startup which makes him move forward a bit before the actual hit a grab would be best but you don’t know if he’ll do that or the charge move which actually lifts him off the ground and can’t let him get grabbed. I guess in the end it still is mostly mind games but whenever I’m on wakeup I tend to RC moves that are harder to get grabbed or punished and try to use a Fierce or Roundhouse which will cancel the grab if they actually catch you.

I’m not going to argue on this subject.

Wake up RC’s.

If someone delays their RC, and you still press forward+fp/rh, you’ll still get a throw. If they RC, they get thrown.

I don’t really get your argument.

Also, i said… If you know they’re gonna RC. Keyword = If.

you guys are making feel bad about not having RC on my EO version, shit i guess i really have to spend 80 bucks like mguinis said

It’s worth it IMO. I used to think RC was pointless since I could use k groove but it adds a whole new level of play to the game.

Wow I didnt think that this thread would get this big. Well anyway, you can baku-cancel any version of the TNT punch not just the fierce version and it doesn’t need to be roll-canceled.

God damn it, stop giving away Joe secrets.

Btw, have u done crazy shit like cancel hands into hands? Happens sometimes on accident when im being an asshole and mashing.

O and that argument above about the throwing wakeup RCs. Joe can just wake up short, short, super people that think they’re fancy by standing there and throwing you.

Yea, I don’t try to use hands hands, though. But, back when I was a beginner and mashed to do 'em they came out all the time. Fact is that I was baku canceling w/o even knowing what it was.:lol: I just assumed it was a strict timing thing since I would cancel the hands into the special but not consistently.

The more Joe players the better :tup: Although, I think you’re the ONLY one I’ve ever played against that used RC and not just rely on his slide kick which most beginners try to spam.

Nah my Joe has gotten rancid lately. A’s in college = bad CvS2 play.

Yeah I’ve used Joe since 2005. My best Joe was during Evo 2006 when I finally got hands super down 99% (even lvl 1s). Now I’m lucky to even get an RC out.

Maybe I should start using Gief or Dhalsim seriously instead. Or go to the darkside with A-Honda, Bison, Blanka…